Reviews for The Long March
rueyeet chapter 11 . 6/2/2013
Much love for this, even partial/unfinished as it stands. You have successfully combined two of my favorite things!

A little bit short on character development (except perhaps for Cain), and feels a tad disconnected with all the single glimpses of cameos/minor characters/homages that are never mentioned again. While it's true that combining these two series results in a huge cast of characters, and that it'd be hard to explore even a quarter of them given the chapter length, it seems to me that the narrative skims over and skips around a bit -too- much.

But still. A very intriguing connection between the two series, and characterizations so dead-on that I find myself hearing the story's dialogue spoken by the actors/voice actors in my head. The quick scene-to-scene cuts also do a great job of preserving the immediacy of BSG's "you are there" style, which works well here.

Though non-military myself, I also appreciate the level of attention to those details; that added dose of realism was one of the elements that endeared me to the McKinney adaptations.

Would have loved to see where the arrival of the Invid would have taken the story, but time - and interests - do have a way of moving on.
Olaf74 chapter 10 . 11/18/2012
I have just 2 words "SIMPLY FANTASTIC!"
Atlan chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
I love Robotech.

I guess thats the best way to start this review.

I really love robotech. I love sci-fi, military stories, and space opera- and Robotech is one of the best ever examples of all those. Ever since I first found Robotech on Youtube last year, I've been a fan.

I'd read this fic before I saw Robotech, but now, it's way better.

And now that I'm in to Robotech, the fact is that you are responsible for about 4/5ths of good Robotech crossovers- and I'd like to see more of them.

I also just watched the Shadow Chronicles. If you ever do get around to rewriting this, I think you should make it compatible with the Shadow Chronicles. It would really add another layer of tension if it was just the Pioneer, lost in space following the test-firing of the Neutron-S missiles. It would even give an ending- being finally found by the ArchAngel. And another enemy- the Haydonites are as desperate for the Protoculture Matrix as the Earth forces are.
reeven chapter 11 . 12/26/2011
HELLOOOOOOOOOOO?

4 YEARS WAITING IS ENOUGH
RevanNaberrie chapter 11 . 5/13/2011
Great story by the way.

Another great way to add to this crossover. considider they are searching for alternatives to Protoculture. would be an enounter with the Daedalus with the alternate reality drive and subspace capacitors. The you could introduce the REF and the Colonial to the wonders of asgard shields, Zero Point energy and Hyperdrives.

Just a thought I love crossover fics. :-)

Note: Stargate Atlantis, The Daedalus variations
RevanNaberrie chapter 10 . 5/13/2011
Considering this story has been abandoned.

With the Regent dead the invid under him de-evolved back into peaceful creatures. In symphony of light the Regis realizes that the Neutron S missles are the creation of the children of shadow. Seeing no peace she and the invid ascend into energy based life forms. Saving the earth from destruction as they ascend.

The ending of this fic should be rewritten to allow the REF to recapture the colonies and pick up with aspects of the shadow chronicles and the haydonites.
ShadowCub chapter 10 . 3/19/2011
Hate that the female admiral always has to step down, its

unreal.
Olaf74 chapter 11 . 8/29/2010
*removes his Jaw from the floor*

BLOODY HELL!

You are full of surprises! In the positive turn i mean.

Please continue the story very very soon.
Celestia's Paladin chapter 11 . 4/5/2010
Excellent story so far Cyclone, so when's the next update? This is a story I would like to see finished, please keep up the good work GraysonPaladin
witch20 chapter 11 . 11/16/2009
I loved this story. You should continue with it. I don't know what went wrong at all. Sure it has been a while, but still it was a great story if I say so myself.
AlbertG chapter 11 . 10/17/2009
It's a shame that you didn't continue this, Cyclone!

What happened?

Skeet
Team503 chapter 11 . 7/29/2009
You need to finish this! !

I beg!
darkfinder chapter 11 . 6/25/2009
man why would they be there .
darkfinder chapter 10 . 6/25/2009
cool . i wonder will he find out what happened on earth .
darkfinder chapter 9 . 6/25/2009
man this is so cool . then againt there are more cylon fleets out there .