Reviews for Armor
54Viruses chapter 1 . 4/17/2008
Great job. Fate often seems against heart-to-heart chats and Mikey's ego problem isn't helping.
Longing for Leo chapter 1 . 6/2/2007
Oh cool! I love these exploring-why-Leo-was-all-sulky-in-season-4 fics. They left so much to the imagination. I mean, it was kinda obvious why he was so upset, but the way they explained it was a bit lame. I like your version...too bad Mikey & Don walked in. Great story!
CelicaChick chapter 1 . 5/26/2007
Its great that Raph was th eone to get to Leo. I always thought that if anyone, it would have tobe raph. Those two are pretty similar in a disimilar way. Through out the story i was thinking Mike's gonna come. Mike's gonna come and then Leo started talking and I totally forgot and darn he came! Well written! cheers!
MeShelly chapter 1 . 4/4/2007
I really liked this piece, and think that it makes for a good follow-up on Leo's speech. (I love the new series! So good at fleshing out the characters.) You take Leo's devotion to his family and what he views as his responsibilities and really give it heart. The same with Ralph's compassion, and he tries to help Leo, even if he has mess-ups, he's not going to stop trying. I actually kind of like how you interrupted their conversation, and left that hanging, but the issue feels as though it *will* be resolved through Ralph's sheer will.

"I shouldn't have to blackmail my own brothers to TRAIN!" Tip of the iceberg. I really loved the 180-turn in the conversation, and the idea that Leo had been out on patrol with Casey.

I think your use of select quotes really lent to the fic. Scattered, so they weren't oppressive, but strong lines that invoked a feeling of history: this tension has been building for a while now, just under the surface of normal conversations.

There are so many misunderstandings in this fic ("Shut it Mikey!")...it's kind of tragic. But oh so well done.

I hope this review was at least somewhat coherent!

~Michelle
lost-katana chapter 1 . 10/7/2006
Man, that's good! Keep this up, my friend, and I'll have to add you to my list of favorite authors!

How do you write so good for being so new? I love how you're getting down Leo's angst- and the brotherly connection between him and Raph is awesome.

Great job! I can't wait to see more from you!

~Pi90katana

P.S. I wrote down that conversation between Leo and Mike word for word to use in a story but never got around to it! Great minds think alike, huh?
innocent-rebel chapter 1 . 10/7/2006
Oh my word! That was probably among the best most fantastic fics on leos feelings during all of this I have ever read! And how you wove it with details of the lines from them, the leg armor. this was all just so plain beautiful.
BubblyShell22 chapter 1 . 10/5/2006
Awesome story. I liked it a lot. I liked how Raph wanted to help Leo, but Mikey interrupted it. Great job. You are an awesome writer. Write more good stories soon.

The Bubbly One,

Shell
CharlieCaller chapter 1 . 10/5/2006
Wow, you got everyone so well in character in this piece, especially the Leo with an edge, who we see at the start of series 4. Very well written one-shot.
Stormy1x2 chapter 1 . 10/4/2006
Awesome work! Leo's frustration just exploded off the page, and Raph was remarkably in character. I loved the little insertions fom Leo training Mikey, and Raph's idea about hiding the symbols of Mike's championship. Great details.

Really, really, loved this. Can't wait to see more from you - particularly Raph/Mikey brotherly fics. But I'll take what I can get.
Jessiy Landroz chapter 1 . 10/4/2006
I love this LeoRaph interaction, it was so- brotherly, even if it wasn't fluff and sweet, it was more bittwesweet but still heartfelt. Raph just wants his brother back, though blackmailing Mike may not have been a good idea, nor a suggestion, cause it only upset Leo..

Mike should really pay more attantion, cause just as Leo expected, he came as the interuption between him and Raph, but at least Raph managed to get something out of the conversation, right?