Reviews for Matthias
Guest chapter 3 . 7/5/2016
That's a very good fan fic u put time and effort into this keep it up!
Alllula chapter 3 . 9/7/2015
Oh look a fic by you that didnt tear my heart out and rip it into peices
alllula chapter 2 . 9/7/2015
So tiny. Many mouse. Lots of broken swords.
Alllula chapter 1 . 9/7/2015
10/10 I like it such bedtime many wow
Ted chapter 3 . 2/2/2010
I liked this. It went from cute in ch 1 to serious and dramatic by the end. (Though Matthias' mom reminded me of Constance the way she wielded that frying pan. :) )
Quaver Ava chapter 3 . 6/9/2009
ok here you go a review...like thank you...
Lord Vrel chapter 3 . 4/1/2009
Great! But there were a few spelling mistakes, and why would a wooden practice sword hum? Martin the warrior making it do so?
Nina chapter 1 . 11/23/2008
i like it but whos Sawy?
HomeworkHater2007 chapter 4 . 8/3/2007
That was good. Footpaws (?), what a name! It was good though.

** Celebrating the updated HomeworkHater2006**
Matthias101 chapter 4 . 4/6/2007
This story was the best REDWALL story i have ever read i not kiding it was the best great story!
Bob Stage chapter 2 . 3/29/2007
A great way to begin Matthias' life. In poverty, dreaming of being a warrior... very much like he was in the book.

Nice job.
alleycat1312 chapter 3 . 1/21/2007
I enjoyed this story, but I have to tell you something before I explain. STOP begging for reviews! My goodness! To have a huge author's note at the end of each chapter, pleading, inploring me to review...it lacks professionalism and makes me want to just spite you! And I've been in your shoes before. I have a story for Sonic the Hedgehog which has over 800 hits, 11 chapters, and just 8 reviews. But we (should) write for our own expression and pleasure, not the praises of others.

Rant aside...I never really thought of where Matthias came from, so I view this as a very original story. Your spelling is sound, but there are some places where your grammar is iffy. Go back and check your commas and extra phrases.

Matthias's parents were well done. They were both loving and caring. I especially liked Bluebell with her courage against the vermin. It's too bad you had to kill them.

It's good to see fanfic do their fandom justice, like in chapter 1 where you've tried to replicate Jacques's speech. I'm not sure about Matthias being a Dibbun though. I'm pretty sure that's a term reserved for Redwall infants, but I'm not completely sure. You should check that.

Matthias was well drawn, like with his clumsiness. I like his thoughts on whether he should farm or be like Martin. Also, when he talks to his swords is amusing.

You write well, using a lot of descriptions. The battle was well written, but the end kinda let me down. As Matthias runs to Redwall, what happens to the vermin that's chasing him? And then Matthias gets to the Gatehouse and... the end. I understand that the end was supposed to be short, since we have Redwall to tell us what happens next, but I think it was too short.

Anyway- I hope you take my advice and that you find this review helpful.
Luca the Loner chapter 4 . 1/18/2007
Hmm. Short, and a little hard to understand. But that's just me, I'm blond, what do I know. XD Besides that though, this was a pretty interesting story. I liked the part when Matthias was talking to his swords the best...dunno WHY, I just...did...o.o yeah.
Sabrepaw AKA CrazyPirateMouse chapter 3 . 11/17/2006
If I had known you already put this up, I would have reviewed sooner. Brava!
Hsargz chapter 4 . 11/16/2006
That was cool how you rewrote it at the end.. it was to short though.. but eh.. thats how it goes.. you should write more.