Reviews for Fathers
SemperSomnium chapter 1 . 10/18/2010
Lol, this is awesome. I loved the sweetness of Tamaki writing to his mother, and loved Ranka's rationalised hatred of Tamaki. XD Adorably brilliant!
Mooncatcher chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
Oh, this is really fantastically-written. I really love how well you depicted both Ranka and Yuzuru, and how everything flows properly together. Your Ouran fics own my (fandom-shipping) soul. (Lyk, srsly).

(Because do you know how hard it is to find an IC Ouran fic! I bow down to you, mighty writer)
Seductive Venus chapter 1 . 7/24/2008
I think it's very honest and insightful. If only fathers were like them! You captured them so well! It's a magnificent story!
bazoo chapter 1 . 7/17/2008
Yuzuru and Ranka have to be two of my favorite side characters. it is so great to read something from their POV. it would be wonderful if you could figure out a way to continue this, perhaps diary style...
sherville7 chapter 1 . 4/24/2008
This is really good-scratch that, Brilliant!

First time I've read about Ranka and Yuzuru's POV.
dont ask it'll just confuse u chapter 1 . 4/17/2007
omg! wasnt that book nine! my freind went to ny and bought it but it was in jappeneese...i dont kno jappenesse...but i guess i could have forced to get ikuko to translate it(shes from jappan) its really good! *luved* it like i do all ur writing!
9ine chapter 1 . 1/9/2007
Simply my favorite Ouran fic so far. I like all your fics in general, but I think your talent is in the way you characterize Haruhi. I admit she's hard to read sometimes (and I guess that she's hard to write as well) but that's just the way she is. So I really appreciate the way you've described some of her personality quirks. I may be biased, because I think in her own uncommon, quiet way she HAS fallen for (or at least, is starting to fall for) Tamaki; but even without my bias I'm sure your theory on Haruhi's annoyance for Tamaki extending beyond simple irritation - has at least some relevance.
Goddess Evie chapter 1 . 11/27/2006
This fic completely correlates with my theory as to why Ranka doesn't like Tamaki. Beyond the so called compromising position he found them in, I mean. And that is that Ranka realizes that Tamaki has the capability of "stealing" Haruhi away from him someday. Thank you! Great fic! You do so well with all the characters, keeping them IC, but still exploring their different aspects. I truly enjoy reading your fanfics!
Akaru-chan chapter 1 . 11/26/2006
kyah!
CTHKSI chapter 1 . 11/4/2006
Yeah! Something other than fangirly fluff. :3

It's really good. _
ryuuseigun chapter 1 . 10/25/2006
Ah, the beauty that is Chapter 40. Absolutely fantastic chapter. As is your fic! I really love Yuzuru and Ranka and I'm really happy with their characterisation here.

You're quickly becoming one of my favourite Ouran fanfic writers!
TheNicestThing chapter 1 . 10/7/2006
ah! scithian file..you just made my day again! :)
undersaffiresky chapter 1 . 10/6/2006
I remember when Yuzuru was first introduced in the Manga, I wasn't sure if he was acting the way he was to be patronizing, or he was acting that way because he was just a ... unique father who had an interesting way of showing that he cared about his son.

Ranka is also an intesting character, and I enjoyed seeing both he and Yuzuru used prominently in this one-shot, as you hardly ever see them in 'fics, or so I've seen, for very long.

I can definitely see Yuzuru making sure he knows everything that's going on in his sons life, and when I look at Haruhi and Tamaki's fathers, I can't help but notice how similar they are in many of their ways, albeit with a few obvious differences.

I quite enjoyed the blurb on Tamaki's letter - that was perhaps the most accurate letter that I could even think of Tamaki writing. It wasn't what I was expecting, but after I read the words it clicked. Short, concise, to the point, and it still says so much.

It was perhaps my most memorable quote in this work of yours.

I hope to get to the rest of yours soon, but I'm afraid my reviewing is sporadic at best. Ah, I've read the stories in your livejournal (the one with all those German philosophers in it - if I recall right - was a nice one.) Do you particularly care if I friend you at all?

-Saffire
C.O. Yuan chapter 1 . 10/6/2006
It is very hard to find a well-defined Ouran fanfiction.

The characterizations of both fathers were really good.

I enjoyed reading it a lot.

Yay. ]
Experimental chapter 1 . 10/5/2006
Someone has written Yuzuru/Yoshio crack. It's posted at the lj community ouranhost(underscore)slash. But I don't think anyone's factored Ranka into that yet. . . .

Excellently written and an excellent juxtaposition/comparison of Yuzuru and Ranka. Even though they're quite different in their own rights, by the things you emphasize in this fic they begin to sound quite similar at least in their love for their children. And it was wonderful to read about Shima. (*sob* Why can't she be Tamaki's real grandmother?)