Reviews for Changing Times
MissAntelope chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
Really Good story! NIce job :):) I love Speed Racer! I used to be obsessed with the cartoons when I was little. Not to say that I am over them XD
bienvenu chapter 5 . 10/10/2011
WHy did you mess with his face?
pinkranger chapter 9 . 1/24/2009
update soon this story really good I hope speed gets better soon so he can race again and he and tix can be together
Sharon chapter 9 . 9/1/2008
I have really enjoyed this story. Please don't stop now!
qt3.14159 chapter 9 . 8/19/2008
I think you've done a really great job on this one with depicting all the range of emotions everyone would be going through. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more of Speed's recovery.

Oh, and on the chapter named 48 Hours, as soon as I read the title the song 32 Hours from the movie soundtrack started playing in my head. It was kind of amusing. :)
kehkaa chapter 9 . 5/29/2008
You really do know how to satisfy my Speed Racer fanfic hunger. I really do enjoy reading this series because its like a readable T.V drama. I love each and every character and the way you write about Trixie's and Speed's moments together is just enough to melt my heart. And the way you explain his injury's/other hospital things...I wouldn't be surprised if you were secretly a doctor!

But seriously, I really enjoy reading your stories. I've started quite a few of them now. And I'm haven't been disappointed yet!

Freddo chapter 9 . 5/27/2008
Oriana:

Another great installment. Speed's condition is heart-rending, but it is good to see that he seems to have the sprit to pull himself up out of his pit; and he and Trixie are so cute in this installment-they're really devoted to each other.

I hope Speed ends up able to walk and drive again. Nice job...

FREDDO
Summer39 chapter 9 . 5/24/2008
Oriana! I haven't even read the first eight chapters yet and already you've managed to wrap me around this story! I got the "Author Alert" this morning and immediately began to read it! This was so heart breaking and encouraging simultaneously. To see that Speed survived the crash and seems to be returning to his old rebellious self; determined not to let his injuries keep him from racing again! So glad that Trixie is there to give him the love and support that he needs as well as his family! But Mom Racer seems adamant that she won't allow that to happen. What happed to Rex must surely be what she's thinking about; she doesn't want to lose another son to racing and who could blame her? I can't help but wonder if you have plans for Racer X to visit our hero privately or reveal himself to the family at all? Now I've got to go back and read the other chapters that I so carelessly looked over! This was a great read!
GoldAngel2 chapter 9 . 5/23/2008
Wow, That was ao amazingly realistic and sweet, written with an intensity that fits the circumstance-I know all about morphine drips and what havoc they wreak as far as side effects-poor Speed's doing what I would do, endure the pain to avoid the side effects...

And his scene with Trixie...he immediately knew her touch and so saw his harbor, his refuge in her love and support. I also love how he owned up to the past, and taking her for granted, finally confessing his love to her...which was something she needed as badly as he. The way they embraced each other was so heart-pounding for me-I had to read it twice!

And Pops, telling Speed that he was irreplacable was just the impetus his son needed to want to go on-

However, Mom has other ideas as she seeks to shelter her chick...some very rough roads ahead for the Racers...

Great work Oriana, hon.

BTW-You keep up the spiritual elements in the story as you see fit, regardless of anyone's so-called criticism.
Jen23 chapter 9 . 5/23/2008
This was excellent. The way you described exactly what Speed is going through and all that is wrong with him proves what a great writer you are besides the great SR fan you are. I hope Speed decides to eat soon. Actally he might, just so he can kiss Trixie again. I got a chill when he said that the only thing that didn't hurt him was his leg, because of the possible reason. Trixie was really there for him. He couldn't have a more loving girlfriend. I'm glad he was finally able to say in words how he really feels for her, and I loved the kiss. That scene was just too sweet, especially since they didn't even know that they had an audience. The whole heart monitor thing was really cute. I'm glad at the end that Pops reassured Speed that he was only worried about his son and not the Comet. Fantastic jor, Oriana. Your Pal, Jen
Nyx goddess of darkness chapter 9 . 5/23/2008
omgg! this is so amazing, i cant believe it!:D plz we need more this is so well written :D
ggyg chapter 8 . 5/19/2008
cool
drew chapter 8 . 5/17/2008
you shold in the final cahpter rex comes and tells his famly that he is racer x
Katty008 chapter 8 . 5/14/2008
Just a leetle constructive criticism, from the dialogue it's very obvious that you're a devout Catholic/Christian/something-or-other, either that or you're trying to make the characters themselves that way, and some people might find that anywhere between annoying and a sign to go Hindu extremist on your story. But other than that it's really good and I hope you update soon!
Schizophrennic Muffin chapter 8 . 5/11/2008
Oh my goodness gracious. *jaw hits floor* *slowly pushes jaw back into place* So wonderfully written! It's amazing! I seriously almost started crying while I was reading this. Keep writing. The world needs writers such as yourself to sustain it.