Reviews for Saetwo's Story
BaiduScorpion chapter 27 . 8/28
With the game's remake released on iOS this month and other platforms next month, this is relevant again, so I went back to reread it. It still holds up. I hope people who are introduced to the Zoombinis with the new version come back and find this as well.
N. Harmonik chapter 27 . 8/20
Best Zoombinis story ever! Charm, drama, humour and romance! Oh, did you know Zoombinis now have their own page on Facebook to celebrate the updated re-release of Logical Journey?
grandvizier527 chapter 27 . 8/20/2014
I loved this whole adventure! You took the journey of the Zoombinis and turned it from a fun and challenging computer game into an adventure full of depth and meaning! Well done!

PS...I thought it was "SIGH-two." Oops... :/
grandvizier527 chapter 21 . 8/18/2014
I appreciated the drama and character development and plot that you have supplied the story with. It really gives the whole game so much more depth than it could have ever had alone.
grandvizier527 chapter 20 . 8/18/2014
Aw, it's kinda sad how the zoombinis' relationships have deteriorated. I hope Xekrai and Tyscene can do something to redeem themselves.
grandvizier527 chapter 18 . 8/17/2014
PLOT TWIST! I never would have guessed that the Bruno the marsh fairy was responsible for EVERYTHING, in an unintentional way.
grandvizier527 chapter 12 . 8/17/2014
I've only read about half of this, but I love it! I searched for it because it some random point my mom and I brought up zoombinis, and the nostalgia all came back in my head. I still have Island Oddyssey, and it works on my computer, but Logical Journey-the classic and the best of the 3-is gone, and I've heard it isn't compatible on modern-day computers, which sucks.

Seriously, those later levels were HARD, weren't they? That game really was appropriate for the whole family, when you think about it: little kids would have difficulty guessing the topics for Arno's pizza (me and everybody in my first grade class took forever to figure it out that there was a trick to it, and I don't think I ever remember anyone passing the level distinctly), tweens would have fun figuring out how to get through and (not so) easy difficulty, and anybody my age and older would take forever on the very, very hard levels!

But I digress. I really like this story because it not only captures what the zoombinis were probably thinking on their journey, it doubles as an affectionate parody.

For example, if the game is supposed to teach logic, then why are the cliffs able to swap their allergies? Why do the trolls want different pizzas each time? Why are things always tough and different every level?!

I also appreciate the characters and how they have good and bad aspects to their personality. Saetwo has a kinder heart but is a bit headstrong; Xekrai is a good leader and is about as competent as she is, but he is isn't nearly as friendly. Echae is smart, but he can't speak up well (if he could than maybe he could have explained what the problem was at the pizza place before being knocked away). Uloobu is gentle, but too willing to let people walk all over him. I like how no Zoombini is completely likable or hateable, and I hope this trend continues throughout the rest of the story.

I also like the connection between the Fleens and the Bloats; that was a great plot element that the game could never have told.
Briac Ad'hibou chapter 13 . 2/8/2014
I just discovered this fanfiction with that link:
?38117-LG-SotD-amp-MSF-Fanfic-Logical-Journey-of-the-Zoombinis-Saetwo-s-Story-SCOUT

... IT IS AWE-SOME!
All my childhood in this well-written story, in which everything is explained to make the zoombinis' journey game... well... logical (). What I especially appreciate is the fact that you really tried to flesh out the personality of all characters encountered in the game.

(English is not my mothertongue, so please excuse me if I can't fully express what I feel. Just know that I just LOOOOOVE it) :DDDD
Calorimeter chapter 27 . 10/21/2013
This was a great story. I think all the little details, like the sensations of Bubblewonder Abyss, you added fleshed out the game. I like how people changed to realistic extents. At first I thought you were going to end it with "..happily ever after," but the added dialogue made it even better. I thought there was an element of mystery with the race to the bubble machine. Were they going to race to it to use it, or was that just an endpoint?
Calorimeter chapter 18 . 10/21/2013
This has been, thus far, my favorite chapter. I laughed when Conneda got thrown into the wall and when Xekrai got hit by a mudball.
On a more serious note, I think you did a good job with the backstory on the Bloat invasion. Touches like that just bring the game to life.
Calorimeter chapter 16 . 10/21/2013
You had me chuckling with this. I like how you added details to take the place of the player, like Echae sitting on Bruno. Oh, Bruno...
Maus17 chapter 27 . 9/22/2013
OH MY GOODNESS! I cried out while reading this, laughed, shook my phone, gasped... This is absolutely amazing! You should feel awesome about yourself! This rocks, my friend. The plot twists were unbelievable and the pace and description which you out into your writing...remarkable! All of it! I loved this so much, and I wish there was some way to make a sequel! I wonder how you were inspired to write this art! It's awesome! I loved every bit!
Guest chapter 14 . 9/21/2013
I think Echae is first for me, then Saetwo and Uloobu. :3
Maus17 chapter 8 . 9/21/2013
The titles are amazing. :) I love this
Maus17 chapter 7 . 9/21/2013
I actually think Allergic cliffs Is my favorite level besides Pizza Troll. X) Amazing job, i loved this chap so much