Reviews for The Pretenders
jessica chapter 1 . 7/22/2010
ooh, cursing! i love a good story with a little curse words to spare. nice job! X3
Vampire Serenity chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
Wow, that is really all i can say at the moment is wow. This was phenomenal, I loved it. Your words all seemed to flow together as a river would flow ever so seamlessly. You've made me think to a whole new level with nobodies and what they like, well, are. Keep writing stories.

Its is quite clear that you have a talent.
NightmareFairy chapter 1 . 1/24/2008
Simply amazing. I don't know quite what to say.
Inane Insane chapter 1 . 10/30/2006
Stilted is the first word that came to mind, and is, particularly, my favorite word.

I like the definitions, the pure characterization; it's actually like I'm reading a person's little private scribbles and feelingg guilty 'cuz it's kinda of personal and

Yeah.

I like those too.

Very hard to define in a single review, a bit of a uniform approach when staring at something in awe and all that. So... Yeah.

Awesome.

Definently awesome.
Orin Drake chapter 1 . 10/27/2006
Oh, god. Musical, musical-it's so rock and roll. (So very punk rock with lines like, "We’re abominations. But we’re bold enough to exist. Fuck you universe. We’ve got some Hell to raise.")

I love the connected disconnects-the little things suggested, the mental pictures I'm finding with simple phrases. It feels full and empty at once, bitter and lost. It feels like I imagine the Nobodies might. (It feels a lot like New Wave sounds. ...And now I'm going to stop it with the music references.)
Falaphesian chapter 1 . 10/9/2006
Review tag! BAM!

...I like you. You make me think deep thoughts when my brain is a slow-mo jog going backwards in a swimming pool. I would urge, urge, urge you to write about Nobodies more, seeing as it forces thought into inactive heads (look at me now, repeating myself and har dee har har), but sometimes it can get bothersome if people request things, so I will just sit relatively quietly...

But yes. I love the staggering shortness (two separate things- both of them good) and the occasionaly jar from the flow. Defining Roxas is good and amazing and incredibly difficult, so all I can say to that is a damn simple 'good job.' He's so complicated and I find writing him just really, really intimidating. But personally, I think you've got him pinned right near perfect here. So. Amazing. Love. Whee.
Kyoto-chan chapter 1 . 10/8/2006
-coughs-

...I pretty much already said I'll go worship the ground you walk on. XD

GOD, the descriptions and...IT'S JUST PERFECT.

...
Animegoil chapter 1 . 10/6/2006
. Ah, so much rhetoric and paradoxes, it's insane. I like things that make sense, which is why as fascinating as the Nobodies are, I just can't... write them like this. Cause it doesn't make sense in my brain, so I can't spout gorgeous paradoxes like this. Their psychology goes to a level I can't reach . But you write it beautifully, and almost making sense, however much it's possible with all their contradictions. It had a rhythm to it, I think that added to the making sense part _ I really liked the descriptions- gorgeously poetic, to restate myself.
Punkie-Spunk chapter 1 . 10/6/2006