Reviews for The Art of Losing
Joella chapter 3 . 10/10/2006
Man, this story has been thought provoking. I keep thinking about how something needs to learn to bend so it will not break. Looking forward to what you write next.
Heart Of The Wizard chapter 3 . 10/10/2006
Aw so sweet! Everything went so fast, but it felt like a twenty chapter story! Loved it!
EmptyWorkStation chapter 3 . 10/10/2006
Fantastic work, Faye. You always manage to pull off the best fics. I'm completely jealous. *lol* I'm turning green as we speak (or as I type).

Well done, well done! I'm always excited to see a new story from you, and this one was very well written and quite thought provoking.

Kudos!
friendly chapter 3 . 10/10/2006
that was awesome. I loved it. I'm sad to see it end... great job...
charmed1of2 chapter 3 . 10/10/2006
GOD THIS IS SO GOOD PLEASE TELL ME THERES MORE AND THIS WASN'T THE END
Kaewi chapter 2 . 10/9/2006
Totally satisfying chapter. I was worried you'd leave the rescue until the last chapter, but alas!

And I must say.. incoherent mumbling love. It's as though Dean has found his brother yet Sam's not totally there with him, so he's stuck in this limbo that ends with Sam saying his name (and you showed that so well).

I am SO excited for the next chapter! I'm already depressed that it's the last one. I'm a little afraid of permanent damage.. but at this point i'll forgive just about anything.
Tyranusfan chapter 2 . 10/9/2006
You have me wondering what it was all about...I'm intrigued.

Great job!

Update soon!
Tyranusfan chapter 1 . 10/9/2006
The rack? The rack? :)

You really have it in for that poor boy...he needs a better agent.

Great job!
SweetJubilee chapter 2 . 10/9/2006
How? . . .

How are you even able to write this?

You’ve undoubtedly done your research, haven’t you? You’ve taken me to where Sam was. I experienced every agonizing click of the rack, the slow change from false bravo to displays of fear to begging and broken, every hallucination, the pain that comes with the knowledge that your body isn’t yours anymore. Sam’s body wasn’t his, was it? It was entirely the possession of the thing torturing him.

Poor Dean. The expression “My heart goes out to him” doesn’t touch the surface of how I feel. Poor, broken Dean. Both our boys are so very broken.

The vivid clarity of the torment both Sam and Dean endure. First through bodily and emotional ache. The lucid detail at which you bring us through this agonizing story is . . . well I’ve got no words, Faye. You’ve left me in awe.
ChaiGrl chapter 2 . 10/9/2006
I had tears in my eyes throughout this whole chapter. Great writing! I can't wait to read more! Until your next update, Happy Writing!
chocolate rules chapter 2 . 10/8/2006
OMG So sad :'( So glad that he's back now. Wow, way too powerful.

That's it ;)
Samjacklover aka Sammy chapter 1 . 10/8/2006
Great story so far!
Starliteyes17 chapter 2 . 10/8/2006
By now, I've read hundreds of fics that include a part where Dean finds Sammy maimed, tortured, hurt, dying, or any other form of Limp!Sam. But this one takes the cake, Faye. The scene where Dean finds the rack, and more importantly 8FTtall!Sammy (you've created a new form of Limp!Sam, I think) stretched above it, was so well done. I didn't think it would have been possible, but reading that scene broke my soul more than the first chapter did, and I'm the ultimate SFTCOL(AR)S fan. What I'm trying to say is, if after all this you can make me feel worse for DEAN than SAMMY, you are a miracle writer.

Can't wait to see the final part. I hope Sammy gets whole again - only then will Dean be complete as well.
JJ Phoenix chapter 2 . 10/8/2006
Double-hee! I could totally feel Dean's desperation all throughout this chapter, and Sam's emotional limpness is so much more painful than the stretchification. (Woo, words!)

So, you still have me WAY curious as to what did this, if anything corporeal, and why. When will I be finding out? Hmm? ;)

"Kiddo"!

Hee!

- me
amy jonas chapter 2 . 10/8/2006
I was hoping for something good out of this story. I had to skim chapter one. I couldn't...i just couldn't read all that torture. It just...hurt.

Thank God Dean found him. And you know Faye, if Dean find the thing that did this to Sam I wouldn't even avert my eyes if Dean exacted some revenge.

Amy