Reviews for Rescue Me
Sharon chapter 15 . 7/10/2008
Ok - just finished your story in one sitting. It kinda dragged me in actually - so I was a bit surprised at that.

I have to agree with someone else about your grammar & spelling. The words fallowed & fallowing were used alot & I found it very distracting.

Overall the story was good. I think it could have been shorter with less Dean self-flagellation. What's the old saying 'less is more'. I think everyone got that he was punishing himself - & I was kinda over it after the 5th time.

It was sad that John died & as I like that character alot - it annoyed me heaps.

Good job though & I'll definitely read some of your other work.
anon chapter 15 . 11/20/2007
Just read your whole story through in one sitting. I really liked the plot line (though it was a bit unclear as to whether you were working an AU after the the Pilot ep or not). Love Bobby being involved, and the whole demon-spirit tandem was very original.

Interesting characterization of Sam and Dean, I think you pretty much got them down pat. A good story all round.

That being said, you should pay closer attention to your spelling and grammar in places. Several times you use the correct spelling of a word, but the word is not what you meant it to mean. For example, you use "waiver" (a legal document) when you mean "waver" (swaying action). Another consistent one is fallowing instead of following. Still, these are easy things to fix (especially with a beta's help). The important parts of story-telling, the plot and characters, you already have a good grasp on. And these are much harder to learn.
timme chapter 14 . 10/8/2007
finally sam gets it.
Adara-chan67 chapter 15 . 7/20/2007
*is depressed* Well. That bummed me out. Dean was just so...not Dean! And without Dean being Dean there can't be any of the witty brotherly banter! And John's dead! And...and...*wails*

But, actually, this WAS very good. I couldn't handle too many of these kinds of stories in one dose, but that's just 'cause I'm a wimp. It's like how I can only read one Jodi Picoult book at a time.

Anyways, I did like how it ended. The part about John being buried on the side of the highway because no one place could contain him was a nice touch. And it was also a good AU way to get Sammy-boy back on the road.

Nice job as always!

-Adara-chan
heather03nmg chapter 15 . 4/1/2007
That was an amazing story, beautifully written and very sad.

Poor Dean, he was so broken, and poor Sammy thinking his family is gone. I love Sammy in protector mode and Dean being the vulnerable one and you write them both so well.

Wonderful angst...keep up the good work!
Repeating October chapter 1 . 11/25/2006
right into a pool of angst - ah, you gotta love it! (I know I do!)
timetowaste247 chapter 15 . 11/19/2006
I think this is the best Supernatural story I have read so far. It has everything I like from the show and more. The mystery you created was excellent and the conclusion was really well done.
LlamaBums chapter 15 . 11/10/2006
Oh my god! i can't belive it's over, this story was amazing, the way you got into the characters and the emotions was just fantastic!

belive me i will read your other stories, i just love they way you right, you are posibly one of the best writers on this site.

love and all that

Becky.
LenJade chapter 15 . 11/9/2006
Excellent ending. I cried... Poor Dean. I just want to wrap him in my arms and keep him safe forever. I'm glad you put the part in about Sam never leaving his brother again. That was very much welcomed... Great job and I hope you write more soon.
faith-in-Faith chapter 15 . 11/9/2006
I liked this story all the way through - especially the different plot and the ending was good as well! great work! and thanks for sharing :)
Tacpebs chapter 15 . 11/8/2006
Great ending! Sorry it had to end, but I liked it!
Dawn Vesper chapter 15 . 11/8/2006
i loved it! great ending...still a bit sad but overall happy ending...sads good though cuz you cant make them get everything! thanks

VESPER
alwaysateen chapter 15 . 11/8/2006
Great ending. Good to have our Dean back. I really like your story, great job.
irishgirl9 chapter 15 . 11/8/2006
Amazing! I loved every chapter! Thanks for sharing it with us.
pandora jazz chapter 15 . 11/8/2006
Excellent chapter!

I'm glad that Sam and Bobby arrived in time to stop Dean from shooting himself.

Dean needed his fathers forgiveness and I loved how his spirit appeared to Dean. When Dean saw his father, he was able to talk again, and move to save Sam. Loved how the Dean that we all know and love was able to break free of the past, the darkness and recite the Latin to weaken the demon.

Finally a great brother scene, when Dean asked "You okay little brother."

Together they were able to get rid of the demon and burn the house as a final touch.

Very nice moment with Dean showing Sam where their father was buried and thank you! for having Sam stay. His place is with his brother, his family.

I was worried about how you were going to finish your story. It's just I believe the last chapter can make or break a story. But you nailed the ending, it was excellent.

I really appreciate that Dean and Sam are together. Dean will always remember what happen, but now understands he was not in control when his father died, plus his father forgave him.

So like I said, the Dean we love and know is back, with his brother, where he belongs. Thanks!

Thanks again for sharing your story with us.

Take care.