Reviews for Admission
dzio chapter 1 . 7/28/2008
Dear God, I think poor Chase may be scarred for life! :) I think House's reaction to this whole situation was completely plausible and I enjoyed reading this a lot. :) Thanks! :)
Sakura-chan chapter 1 . 4/12/2008
OMG hilarious. And yet, House cares. Really, truly excellent.
Blitz-Sora chapter 1 . 9/16/2007
Ahahahaha! That was SO CRUEL of House! XD Wonderful fic!
J Lesley chapter 1 . 7/30/2007
My favorite part of the story has to be when House messes with Chase's mind, hilarious I must say. This is such a moving story. You show that, despite what he may say, House cares about his fellows, but still manage to keep him in character, which is an incredible feat in itself. Great and realistic story, I genuinely enjoyed reading it.
Aenisses Thai chapter 1 . 6/23/2007
Ohh, yes, now I remember why I loved this story so much. It has a perfect dramatic arc (yes, I know it's humor, but even humor fics need a dramatic arc), and I love the underlying mystery that Wilson solves at the end (although I'm not sure if it's supposed to be insight on his part, or if Cameron or Foreman has let something slip to him.)

The myriad brilliant flashes of humor stand out: House frightening Foreman with the SCI diagnosis, then writing all over Foreman's cast, Cameron's (canon) tendency to take House's sarcasm literally, Chase's terror at House's loving concern. My favorite part, however, is House's admission: Three days of HELL!, revealing that what he needed was all -three- of his ducklings to be safe and well.

Also, the revelation by Wilson of who the fellows were actually protecting adds that one perfect note of poignancy that makes this fic extraordinary. Through humor, you've managed to give us a crystal glimpse into House's heart that is on a par or above even the most serious character-study fic.

Congratulations. Be proud.
Witchy-grrl chapter 1 . 5/22/2007
It's quite funny that I chose this time of the year to read this. Considering canon-House is pretty much pushing his ducklings away with this stupid Foreman leaving plot, I really like seeing this!
fluffy2001 chapter 1 . 2/1/2007
Wow! How did I miss this? It is so perfect in every way. The point of view, the way details were presented, the flow and pacing of the story, House's behavior and how it was there to mask how worried he really was. Outstanding! So many great things in here, but my favorite was "where House is nice and his father loves him, Cameron and Foreman and Wilson and Cuddy are living in blissful polygamy, Hinduism has been proved the one true religion, and Australia is finally being charted as the center of the world on standard maps." Going on the favorites list.
Shadowstar chapter 1 . 1/1/2007
Heh heh heh. That's really cute.
Emma chapter 1 . 12/24/2006
Wow. I didn't think anyone could actually write a caring House and get away with it.

You just proved that it is possible.

Well done!
quack675 chapter 1 . 12/23/2006
I really liked this, but I think it needs a followup. Write some more, please!
blackmare chapter 1 . 12/23/2006
Dana, this fic is bliss.

I can't get over House filching the gift basket goodies, because it's horrible of him and I KNOW he would do it. And the messing with Chase, oh my. I can hear the voice now, "What? You guys TOLD me to be NICE!"

You did the "House actually cares" thing really, really well. "I should fire all their asses." And the relentless pursuit of a "lie" that doesn't exist, because he doesn't want to think it might be in some way his fault that this happened.

But the messing with Chase was the best. I did mention the messing with Chase? Oh wow.

Garrideb chapter 1 . 11/16/2006
I loved all the little details of this story - the things House scrawls onto Foreman's cast, the looks passed between Foreman and Cameron, the peek into the circumstances surrounding the crash, the way House relaxes after talking to Wilson... This was funny and touching. Thank you for writing this!
bunnytale chapter 1 . 10/21/2006
I love this story. Sorry for the late review, but I've given myself some time for it to percolate before trying to be coherent AND thorough in my praise.

First of all, I like the restricted narrative you use. It creates a sense of isolation that fits well with the subject matter: we see Foreman and get a reaction, a bit of information; we see Cameron and get a reaction, a bit more information. The reactions are good. Foreman is strong and a bit temperamental, Cameron dutiful (her single blink before she gets to work is perfect - what a great line). We don't get all the pieces, just what the characters have shown us so far. An accident, three ducklings and no fatalities. We get nothing of House's thoughts, only behaviors that come across as slightly manic, as though he's putting on the performance of his life. Funny - it strikes me as the same sort of phony cheer that people might use with sick loved ones. House just seems to be trying too hard, and both he and we are forced to sift through scant details to get a picture of what happened.

I also like the fact that Foreman and Cameron are quickly moved into the same room. It has a sort of nesting feel to it, as though House is pulling his charges, who have wandered too far, back into his view. The rest of the hospital fades away; we're left in that room, and further we only have House's word on Chase's condition. And House lies just as much as everyone, as we see from the gift baskets.

Finally, we get to the truth. Really, really, really nice technique you use here - given so much space for the aftermath, you crunch the crash itself, and its causes, into a couple of short paragraphs. After all, it's everything - and nothing. It's the reason for all this, and yet it's over and done, and if we've wondered at why Cameron and Foreman look so guilty, and at why House keeps pestering them for the truth, we see now. Exhausted driver and passengers - an accident waiting to happen. And a recipe for House's guilt. It says something, that they seemingly want to shield him. Or maybe they're just trying to shield Chase. Dunno.

The interaction between House and Chase is perfect. House lies; House screws with his youngest duckling; House has a little fun at Chase's expense - once again. But then House limps into Wilson's office, and Wilson waits for him to go first, and we know there's more to it. "The momentarily tight grip of the cane, the unbroken line of his back, the intelligent blue eyes fixed somewhere beyond the glass window in an expression that means he is preoccupied" - what a brilliant line. You offer up symptoms for us to read, and these symptoms don't quite fit the performance we've been seeing of late. They certainly don't fit the "I don't give a rat's ass" message House throws out to the world. Everybody lies: when House "admits" that he "fuck(ed) with Chase's mind," is it the truth?

At this point, I actually started thinking of your title: "Admission." At first glance it seems to hold one easy meaning - a hospital admission. But it's a word that means a lot more, if we think about it. What we will admit to others and to ourselves, the things and people we admit into our lives. House "admits," maybe, a lot more than he intends to admit. When he steers Wilson toward this supposedly funny, supposedly meaningless bit of fun he had with Chase, he opens up for himself the chance of admitting to his one close friend exactly how he feels, without admitting anything at all. Nice!

Really excellent work. I can't think of anything that I'd improve.
Ali James chapter 1 . 10/11/2006
so good! I love it. update now!
Lerrinus chapter 1 . 10/10/2006
*cracks up* Great ending to a great story with House confusing Chase, poor Cam going on autopilot and House scaring Foreman. Great writng all around, perfect characterizations and nice scenes. Keep up the great work! :-)
38 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »