Reviews for Shadows
Tamsin chapter 2 . 3/8/2008
:o I can't believe you killed off Mine! People do seem to like giving Aayame reasons to be angstful, don't they? And Akito is truly evil- you really got her evilness in this chapter. Normally I don't like OCs, but your ones are a lot less irritating then the majority. Sorry, I'm trying to compliment you and failing miserably. Basically: I really liked it. I don't normally review, but I felt inclined to to incite you to continue writing it (did it work?)
helllllllllllojoeeeeeeeeeeeee chapter 2 . 9/5/2007
YAY! Great story! Sad, but aweshum! You captured Akito's personality perfectly! :DD
Hebi-san chapter 2 . 8/27/2007
Great fic- I absolutely love it. Hope you'll continue it soon
Stratagem Blue chapter 1 . 6/25/2007
Another sad story for Ayame. He has become a favorite of mine as well, at least through "Sakura Snows", and it was such a devastating scene for him. Yet in terms of writing, it was a good skip from mostly dialogue to mostly descriptive. One line that struck me hard for some reason:

"You can't stop living because she did."

So many do. That's what made it so intense. That sense of giving up, giving in. Man, I'm getting hooked on your writing style. Seriously.
this is not my home chapter 1 . 6/11/2007
I think that it's wonderful that this story is influenced by House M.D., and funny, as well. House/Wilson is one of the fandom/pairings that caused me to lose a good deal of my interest in manga and its fandoms. I still like your stuff, though, and I might have to read your PotH stuff. Er, after I study the fandom a bit. I love the recent movie version, but I want to be well-versed in it so I can properly appreciate your good!fic. Thank you for writing!
FlatPanda chapter 2 . 6/10/2007
You simply must continue this! It's the best ayame fic I've read in a very long time. It only gets better the more I read!
Adi88 chapter 1 . 10/29/2006
O.

"He was drowning in familiarity."

"Tears were falling now, sluggishly tracing the sharp curve of his cheekbone as he bowed his head."

"...Hatori waited he fancied he could taste the pain and sorrow if he were to stick out his tongue..."

Those are my favorite lines, for, you know... I don't know. They just are. So beautiful, as this story is. The description at the beginning is just... horrifying. To think of Ayame like that is so upsetting, and I don't even feel guilty for being shallow about phsyical appearances. Because that isn't all there is TO it; for Aaya to have things like that wrong is complete indicator of his mental and emotional state. He's so careful about his appearance and then... so it's just upsetting.

Plus the last bit - you've pulled a Fading Grace on me and made a gut-punch of a last two lines. Hopeful, in a way, but that the only reason he can find to live is in her memory is so horribly sad, as well...
SW1 chapter 1 . 10/9/2006
I really enjoyed this story. You handeled it in a sensitive and realistic way. I'd be interested to know how the rest of the Sohma family reacted/will react to a recovering Ayame. Especially Yuki.

This story has a lot of potential both for angst and for sweet moments. There's also the hatori/aya fangirl in me who wants the Dr to comfort Ayame further... but that's just one of the most obvious places this story could go since you've already drawn comparisons between the two characters and their different losses.

Thank-you and I look forward to your next peice of writing, whatever it may be.
Daelaeyni chapter 1 . 10/8/2006
Poor Aya...*hugs to Ayame*

Daelaeyni

good story!
Different Child chapter 1 . 10/8/2006
i love it! it's so emotional. so intense. you have talent.
HanaTohruShipperMorgan chapter 1 . 10/8/2006
Hmm... Though I liked the other a bit more, this one's still pretty good. The idea's just worn a little thin. And you say it's hard to write Aaya like that, but I think I understand why you torture him. Greater emotional response.

I do it all the time when brainstorming. Angst sounds silly if it's not a character you really care about. The emotional connection is greatest with our favorite characters, and so if you hurt them worst, you feel more than you would otherwise. Since half the point of writing is to feel - the other half, I would say, is to experience - then it's really a good way to write.

The car crash scenario is entirely too possible, though, so I've seen it before and the emotional connection's not there as much.

Ah well, not bad. And sorry if I'm totally off the mark with my explanation... I know it's true of me, and I figure it's gotta be true of at least someone else.

Hmm... Maybe that's why I couldn't get into your other fics. Ayame's not as near and dear to me as many of the other characters, so him going through copious amounts of pain didn't really affect me. Not to mention the fact that they seemed to be written more about a past self of mine - one that I'm trying desperately to escape - than about bouncy Aaya.

Rambling I am.

I rather like bouncy Aaya. Maybe you should try some of that. I thought I could only write angst until I tried my hand at insanity!fics. Those are fun...

Have a nice day!

Hana

PS - Sorry for babbling. My train of thought flew out the window and I had to jump out to catch it.
Zollercoaster chapter 1 . 10/7/2006
That was very good. I really liked it.
littlefiction chapter 1 . 10/7/2006
That's so sad, I feel stupid for saying it but it's true. I'm so glad Hatori was able to help.