Reviews for All That Remains
TwiSmile chapter 5 . 8/10/2013
Lovely story. I wish you had finished it. Dish, Lorie and Clara were all very much in keeping with the movie characters.
Embry-Lover22 chapter 5 . 1/19/2013
Love it! You captured everyone perfectly. Wish you would continue, I also was dissapointed in the lack of dishs and lorienas relationship in the movie.
brontefanatic chapter 5 . 1/12/2013
This is just a wonderful fic! Like the previous reviewer, I just finished re-reading "Lonesome Dove", and also re-watched the mini-series on Netflix.

I always felt bad for Dish at the end of the original story, and I always thought there was a follow-up story there just waiting to be written - and you did it. No, there wasn't a happy ending, but even that is very consistent with McMurty. People make the best of their circumstances in a harsh world, and it often involves compromise and heartache.

Lorena, Dish and Clara were perfectly in-character here, and I could definitely imagine this scenario happening after the end of Lonesome Dove. I am just so glad I found this - you are a excellent writer. Thanks for sharing it.
Yvaughn chapter 5 . 9/14/2012
This is seriously good. I just finished reading LD again, and am impressed by all the continuity details that you got right - Sally's crush on Dish, Clara's love of cake, etc. Everyone is so very in character, especially Lorena, with her disinterest in Dish's feelings. Was this supposed to be the end, or did you have a story planned in which her pain finally starts to thaw? Either way, thank you for the great read!
Uma chapter 5 . 9/11/2010
I love it, great writing!
Bad Luck Bree chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
I like this MUCH better than McMurtry's 'Streets of Laredo'...

Very well done! Bravo!
shelby matthews chapter 5 . 9/15/2009
please write another story i want dish and lorena to have

children.
Kirachi chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
Nicely written first chapter. Really liked your Lorrie, very true to hera nd who she is. Looking forward to raeding the rest :)

Are you still thinking of finishing this?
JuliaBeth chapter 1 . 11/13/2007
This is a great story! Easily one of the best I've ever read. I love you're portraying Lorrie. Keep up the good work!

P.S. Have you seen the whole series or read the books? I'd love to talk (or write) about them sometime.
Gaslight chapter 5 . 11/8/2007
Yay, a twofer update!

What a horrible, unhappy chapter - but in a good way. I dislike Lorena intensely but I share her disdain for Dish who should get a clue but won't. He'll probably end up wearing her down!

And oh my, I just want to grab July and run him off before his heart gets ripped out and stomped on. OK, I'm biased towards July - he's tremendously pathetic, but I've always loved him dearly.

Your fic is really reminding me just how conflicted I felt about these characters when I read the book. I love them and get frustrated with them by turns. I guess it's a sign that they're well-drawn, by both McMurtry and you.
Gaslight chapter 3 . 11/5/2007
So glad you've updated! I like the rapport you're creating between Clara & Lorena. And poor Dish!
Gaslight chapter 2 . 9/20/2007
I didn't really give the Dish/Lorie storyline much thought when I read the book, but this has really got me interested. Do you have any plans to continue?

From what I remember of the book, and it's been years since I read it, Lorie is certainly showing the same kind of abruptness that Clara had towards July. What an unhappy ranch, but compelling characters.
MeGustaHummus chapter 2 . 7/27/2007
This is such a great story. Your characterization of Dish and Lorena is spot on. Very well written. I'm glad you wrote a post-miniseries story, there is not many of them out there. Please continue :)
Alaynthe chapter 2 . 1/23/2007
How am I the first person to review this? What a shame! I really loved the miniseries and I was unsatisfied with the ending for Dish. I hope you'll continue your story. I enjoyed it, especially Lorie's seeing how far she could push Dish.