Reviews for Clear Skies
Moonsong78 chapter 1 . 8/9/2017
thanks very much for this fic. Tris is my favourite. any recommendations for other Tris fanfic?
endomorphious chapter 20 . 6/19/2016
I honestly hadn't much hope for my first foray into fanfiction. However, I was pleasantly blown away by this author's capture of Tris's personality. It felt like a story in the universe that I madly adore. Thank you so much for this wonderful tale.
NAAC29 chapter 20 . 10/27/2015
Thank you for a really great story. I find that you have hit Pierces style quite well in certain places, and it is definitly the best Tris at Ligthsbridge that I have read. Your writing is really good and makes for a very smooth read. It felt really natural and (for a fanfiction) as part of the series. One detail you might want to change though, is setting the story as completed. I almost didn't find it or start it because I thought it was still ongoing, and therefore must have been dropped because of the update date. But thank you very much for a great story :)
MuggleCreator chapter 20 . 11/16/2014
Great story.
Love the characterisations.
saltyavocado chapter 20 . 1/22/2014
Massive kudos for worldbuilding - Lightsbridge is a setting that hasn't really been explored yet, and Karang is a still as of yet unexplored realm, and yet you did a really good job of fleshing them out. Your descriptions of the university reminded me of Paris's Latin District, although the use of steep slat roofs reminded me more of nordic architecture, and i love the details about courtyards, high walls, strong northerly winds that sweep up high stone, as well as the descriptions of dragon engravings.

The characters also stood on their own feet and felt admirably TPierce-ish - Peri felt very Sandry-like at first, but by chapter 5 had developed a distinct personality, with foibles and struggles that Tris's sister don't have. Raeg was sweet, with his own baggage that you cleverly contrasted with Tris's own history, and Ravenfeather was the perfect combination of "awesome teacher" and "threat looming on the horizon." I'm actually kind of disappointed his well meaning distrust of Tris didn't have more narrative fall out - how cool would it be if he mistook her actions as harmful during the finale, or forced her into a confrontation as he tried to do what he thought was right, bringing down lightening and hail around his ears? Ah well, his story thread was still satisfying.

Btw, the whole "sibling telecommunication" bits of your fic were THE BEST. I love their teasing and mockery and snippy conversations which can turn into UTTER AND COMPLETE WORRY AND CONCERN as soon as one of them looks to be in danger. I also love how her bond with the other three were what ultimately pulled her out of the self deprecating spiral Truethought had pulled her into. I just about cried tears of happiness over their anger at Tris not protecting herself, and the way they pleaded with her to stay out of danger one the school had been put at risk. Briar's surprise visit was so satisfying!

So yes, loved it, don't feel quite as uneasy about Tris's eventual Lightbridge novel as I used to, and hope to see more from you in the future!
Lollypops101 chapter 20 . 11/17/2013
this is an amazing story! I loved every chapter!
MarbleGlove chapter 20 . 10/1/2013
I love Tris-goes-to-Lightsbridge stories and this is a wonderful one. Raeg is excellent, Peri delightful, and Truethought horrifying, but my favorite of the original characters is Ravenfeather. He was a wonderful teacher both in teaching and in caring for his students, especially in warning Tris away. I love that he was suspicious but didn't manage to figure it out until the very end. I do like smart people and having one smart person trying to figure out the secret of another smart person is always a joy to behold. Hee. Thanks for writing and posting.
Smokey.Melons chapter 20 . 9/13/2013
This is good. So good I wish Tamora Pierce would come snatch it from you, flesh out the story, and turn it into a real book so I could have a copy for my shelves. Just brilliant.
mistrali chapter 3 . 8/3/2013
I'm going to be that person and say that 'hell' and 'kilometres' are not words native to Emelanverse. That aside, this scene was fantastic. The way Raeg handled Tris's rudeness and outrage was completely plausible, and oh, the nasal warts! Your writing is amazing, in this fic especially; you've got Tammy's voice, and Tris's, down pat.
mistrali chapter 2 . 8/3/2013
I won't even attempt to be as thorough as rosa, so you'll just get bits and pieces from me. I love how thoroughly Tris's first couple of hours at Lightsbridge are described, and you are really sympathetic to the troubles she's having approaching people and making herself act sociable. That little bit with Briar was especially good.
FashionablyHospitable chapter 20 . 6/7/2013
YAAAY!

I do so enjoy happy endings.

And yet something in me cries out for a sequel.

Please? Pretty please with a cherry on top?
FashionablyHospitable chapter 16 . 6/7/2013
Don't kill Peri, please.

I knew Ravenfeather was bad news. Worried about Raeg, don't like Clearwater, but Ravenfeather reminds me of Roger of Conte.
Goddess of the Black Rose chapter 20 . 1/20/2013
Whenever TP pushes back the release date of the lightsbridge book (again), I start combing fanfiction for a substitute. Your story is 1 of favorites. Any chance of a sequal? It would be fun to see how everyone reacts to the real Tris - if Raeg could handle the fact that she has the power and (unwanted) notoriety that he covets, for example. Or the fact that Tris isn't your typical 'maiden' (pants? Traders? how about living in close quarter with men in Tharios?).

Also, Ravenfeather needs to meet Chime.
TamariChan chapter 20 . 1/5/2013
I was looking for this story to read again. I should've known you were the author, Kris, because this is so perfect and exactly what I want in a Tris Lightsbridge fic!
goddessgrl chapter 20 . 1/5/2013
Ur story was amazing! I loved it!