Reviews for I Am Also Thy Brother
Nicola chapter 107 . 8/19
I dont know how you did this, but it amazes me again every time I read it. I can't forget this. I think I come back to it every year or so. It makes my heart ache and my eyes bleed tears but it is worth it, every time and I'm certain it will be worth it every time after this. It feels like Harry Potter but also like Original fiction, it feels like I read a different book series, honestly sometimes I think it's better than the original.
Thank you immensely, I can't thank you enough.
Anna Wang chapter 107 . 8/3
Thank you.
You created a whole new world, full of characters I could relate to and cry over. I want to thank you for the creating such a beautiful work. I don't know if you'll see this, but if you do, know that you are an amazing author.
Squid.Inc chapter 107 . 6/25
I sincerely hope you still stop by to read your reviews every once in a while, because I want you to know how much this series meant to me. No, I have never been victim to or witnessed abuse, but that didn't stop me from connecting with this story in ways that I probably never will again. The Sacrifices Arc may have been based off of the Harry Potter series, but it is so much it's own world and independent of them. The books reach depths and heights that I could never have dreamed of, and I can't be grateful enough that they exist, and that I got a chance to experience them. This was one of the few- if not the only- book that has ripped from me every emotion I feel capable of having, most of all grief. I connected to each character as if they were living people, whose real stories I had the honor of reading. Each death affected me emotionally, and I must have cried for at least an hour at Connor's death. It may have even been enough to make me regret reading the story, if there hadn't been such complete closure. I can't help but hope that someone writes fanfictions to this series, in which Connor doesn't die, or Parvati was pregnant after all, or Regulus lived long enough to see his love of Snape returned, or Blaise never betrayed Harry and had the chance of a future with Ginny, or Rufus had the opportunity to see his Ministry become everything he'd hoped it would, or Minerva got to live a life free from Voldemort after so long, and so much more. I have so many wishes and regrets for this story, but one thing I will never regret was my decision to first start reading, so many months ago. I'll likely come back and reread the whole thing again, or maybe just bits and pieces, to remind myseld of the world that held me captive for so long. I think it quite fitting that the series began with Saving Connor, but, in the end, Connor was the one that saved, Harry as well as the whole of the wizarding world. Thank you.
Devaun chapter 1 . 6/21
I left a review on here eight years ago, after the first time I finished this series, and now it's ten years since you finished the series. It's still one of the most powerful series I've ever encountered, and I admire the speed with which you completed such a massive undertaking, kept it all coherent, and that there were somehow no time skips until the final chapters. Every moment was filled with purpose, and I don't think I've ever seen anyone else do that as you did.

...I don't think I'll ever read the series again. I think seven times (this review coming after the seventh completion) might finally be enough. These characters will always be with me, but I much prefer, now, to hold them close to my heart and think about where they're going, rather than where they've been...and where I'm going with surviving and living past my own abuse. I think it's time.

Thank you.
Tylanoid chapter 107 . 6/15
Oh god. What have you done to me? I'm a sobbing mess right now.
One of the absolute best stories I have ever read, fanfic or not. I can't think of any other story that made me as emotional as this one did. Bravo!
AquiViva chapter 45 . 6/11
3 I love what you did with Narcissa. She is one of my favourite characters and how she was written was amazing. Shedding more than a few tears at her death and funeral.
To Lightning,

More as a way of closure for myself than a complete review as I feel a story such as this least deserves, I'd just like to thank you for sharing such incredibly writing, wherever you are.
SnapesTink chapter 107 . 5/9
It's a wonderful journey. Your story is so brilliant I had to remind myself this is Harry Potter fan fiction when I encounter with something canon. You pulled out every emotion with your work. I really hope you write more fictions.
Rufus is my favourite character. I loved the way you portrayed him. And loved the development in Connor's character. I can never forgive you for killing him. The boy's been through so much in his life. Everything he loves turned out yo be fake, his entire world flipped upside down. Every adult in his life messed up too much at least there is Draco and Severus for Harry. Then he grew up more responsible, brave it's truly moving. But I never thought he will end up this way. No, he deserves much better life just as Harry. Regulus sacrificed far too much for my liking. He never actually lived. That's cruel of you to kill him. First he spend years as a dog, then gave his life in exchange of knowledge. Ultimately died to destroy a damnable horcrux. He deserves life and love. I literally stopped reading after his death. It hit too hard.
Severus Snape is always my favourite. Many try and fail to write him. Your Severus is what I love. His past life and its influence, his bond with Harry and Regulus are beautiful. But as always he's left with pain in the end that I can never digest. He sacrificed too much to live in sorrow. Harry's love alone is not enough. He need someone to love him. This is the other reason I can't forgive you for killing Regulus. Severus has to live with that awful pain forever.
I never expected Minerva to die in such a painful way. I always imagined her fighting along side Severus in the the final battle not sacrifice like this.
Thank you for such amazing story. I really hope you'll write more stories. Love
Makaelia chapter 107 . 4/25
I am in awe.
I've read hundreds of fan fictions. I am not exaggerating. I have. And this is BY FAR the most touching, beautiful, crazy, interesting, perspective changing one I have ever read.
I have completed the Sacrifices Arc series. And I am in awe.
Your writing amazed me, made me feel as if I were in a Pensieve experiencing all of these events the entire time
Whether it was from Harry being scolded, to Draco and Harry shagging, to the emotions and hatred and all of the feelings incorporated into this story, to seeking Horcruxes, for the prophecy puzzles to fit, to fighting, to the sacrifices, to the individual unique personalities of each character, for every action and word taken place-
It was all beautiful.
This could not have been a more perfect fanfiction.

In this story, so many people had to die—thousands of people, tons who were significant to Harry, loved ones, innocents, all age groups from babies to elders, but...
In the end, there was no sad or happy ending.
I have only one word to describe this series that I'll miss so dearly:
Perfect.
Thank you, Lightning, for this story.
Love, Makaelia
Retrobution chapter 107 . 4/8
As I kept on reading, my thoughts were only with what was happening at the moment, but when I finished and really reflected on it, I realized just how much happened in this story and the previous ones. The entire plotline is great, but I especially loved how you interpreted it and wrote it your way, with all your fantastic, realistic characters and new plots. Thank you so much for writing this, it's been a real pleasure reading it. Keep on writing!
wolfdragonz chapter 107 . 3/27
This is the second time I have read through these stories and they are even better with a reread. You're foreshadowing is always present and you convey such emotions through your characters. I just wanted to say thank you for building this world of wildness, sacrifices and pure human emotion.
James chapter 107 . 3/20
Wow. Just Wow. Started on 28.02.2017, finished today. What a brilliant FF you've written.

Good Luck.
SeraphinArgento chapter 107 . 2/26
I made it through the entire tale, and it was exceptionally painful and equally compelling. You have a gift for fleshing out characters and making them seem so REAL. Your story lines are consistent and interesting, your characters complex and your ability to invoke emotion is absolutely unreal. Please never stop writing, because this seems to be your true calling. Thank you so much for sharing.

~*~SeraphinArgento
The Age of Awesomeness chapter 107 . 2/25
Always.
sunneedee chapter 78 . 1/31
I've held back from commenting on this, cuz I keep thinking that surely someone is going to point out to Michael that Draco and Harry's relationship really is none of Michaels business! It's just weird that no one has said 'well what's it got to do with you anyway? Nose out'. Lol
1,454 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »