Reviews for Day and Night
ElvishKiwis Venerated Ancestor chapter 7 . 2/17/2014
What a lovely ending. There is a lot of reconcilliation in this novel.
I congratulate you on your talent in bringing to life stories that Tolkien gave the barest hint of.
He would be delighted to read your work if he were still alive.
As am I.
All I can say is Thank you.
Oh and congratulations on recently celebrating your 22nd anniversary?
tonight is mine and my husbands 24th. And no, I am not being all 'bah, humbug' about it, we are deferring our celebration to tomorrow night at the Opera (a pretty new experience for us both!).
Thanks again,
I LOVE your work.
EVA
ElvishKiwis Venerated Ancestor chapter 5 . 2/17/2014
Be reassured, the writers block was not at all detectable.
I hope I never have to write fight scenes, but I could picture this one as clearly as if it was happening in front of me.
I really liked the comparison you did between the two grief-stricken opponents who had both 'lost' their brothers. Elohir's compassionate act of quickly ending the trolls grief gives me even more respect for him.
I love the bond forming between Elladan and Estel in the last chapter too. I am finally seeing shadows of the Aragorn to come.
Yay for near death experiences.
ElvishKiwis Venerated Ancestor chapter 2 . 2/17/2014
I am sorry, I understand your desire for feed back but it is taking too long for me to read your stories reviewing each chapter. This one is too exciting for me to stop and admire your technique. I will review at the end okay?
Purestrongpoem chapter 7 . 3/6/2013
Great story.
Majoranka chapter 7 . 12/18/2012
I really enjoyed reading the story. I like the characterization and the way in which you blend adventurous action and relationship development. This always makes for a great story. If I should be nitpick, I would mention that sometimes it feels to me that the characters speak in an overly formal way (overuse of reverted word order), but that might be just my impression. It did not prevent me from enjoying the story, though. I understand your motivation for using a more formal style and I agree that a degree of formality indeed fits well with the position and upbringing of Elrond's sons. Thanks a lot for this wonderful read.
Frodo's sister chapter 2 . 8/4/2012
Good story so far, but Elrond has told Estel about his heritage by now. Also I think at this time he is begining to go by a different name though I am not 100 percent sure.
captain austen chapter 7 . 4/4/2011
I have just read the whole story including each chapters plea for feedback and recognition. I felt despite the years ago this was written and the fact you may never see this I should write it anyway. I'm truly enjoying your take on the differences between the twins relationship with Estel. I'm reading this in the order you put forth on your author page. So I'm really interested to see what comes next in the progression of this relationship. The idea of making Elladan "Elfman" struggle so much connecting to Estel given his years upon years of grief and loss seems inspired. Yet truly noting the difference when describing Elrohir and Estel relationship. Your first use of my brother's brother really stuck me; great choice of words. The battle of the trolls and even more your description of Estel's healing was terrific. I enjoyed each part of this story. Thank you
blindrain chapter 7 . 10/13/2010
Good going! :D

I liked the story a whole lot - the bits about the wonderful trolls not the least.

Way to go!
reader chapter 2 . 9/12/2010
I just randomly stumbled upon your profil and just started reading this story. I really like it so far and am looking forward to reading more of it and more of your other stories. I enjoy your version of the twins as too often they are rather interchangably flat characters! well done!
CosmicEssence chapter 7 . 6/24/2009
The way in which you tell the story is very strong and intense. The ending paragraph i think truly highlights the strength and almost beautiful 'telling'. Estel and Elladan's interactions were perfcet, then again all the interaction were very well done.

One fav scene of mine (though this is only one of several _) was where estel discovered they had remembered his birthday where he had not, and his words in response as well as the others reactions. Also liked the way you described how Elladan got his name...told like that it certainly makes a lot of sense!

I particularly liked Glorfindel in this story as wqell as Elrohir...it is unusual to get a fic where the author doesnt constantly have twins joined at the hip and even more uncommon to see a viewpoint from Ro's side...usually we see Elladan in center ring not Ro unless they're both together.

Simply brilliant. I'll be rereading this one again, you can count on that!
mel chapter 7 . 6/14/2008
LOVE IT. (:
Alinchen chapter 7 . 3/12/2008
I finished reading your story yesterday and cannot leave it without telling you that this is one of the most impressing stories I ever read.

Especially I love your characterisation of Elladan. It's nice to read a story of an author who gives one of the twins another personality as the other one. Elladan's behaviour is easy to understand, but also the way you write Elrohir is great.

Last I want to tell you that the fight with the troll is one of the best fighting scenes on this side. Honestly I've to admit that your trolls are sweet. Don't ask me why but you wrote them in such a nice way that they really are cute. *shooksherhead*

Ok, I start rambling, so I leave it with these few words. Hopefully I don't write a too stupid review.

Keep on your excellent writing,

Monty
Elenion chapter 7 . 1/21/2008
Okay, I know this was posted a while ago, but I just finished it, so I'll review anyway. I must say that it is the best portrayal of Elladan, Elrohir, and Estel I have ever seen. So often are the Twins portrayed as nothing more than childish pranksters that terrorize Imladris with their antics. The way you show them, as more mature, skilled in battle, and devoted to their younger brother, is, I think, what the Professor himself wrote them to be. Bravo! I noticed reading this that your language is extremely formal and book-like, particularly your dialogue. It certainly lends a tolkienish air to the story, but I must say that the word "truly" seemed rather overused. It got a bit annoying at times. Anyway, this I must say; truly this story was indeed very good, and much do I desire to read its sequels and prequels!
Mysterious Jedi chapter 7 . 11/6/2007
Excellent story; I look forward to reading more of your work soon. I'm glad Elladan came around.
Lillz chapter 7 . 10/26/2007
awesome :) great story! that is one question above all others that i really wish the Professor had answered- what do the Twins choose?

thatnks for another great fic :)