Reviews for Dancing in the Dark
please please do a sequel please!
Gabs chapter 2 . 11/3
I'm loving it!
This was great!
cuddlexziall chapter 7 . 8/1
idkmybffspike chapter 7 . 7/24
This is the first Zutara fic I've read in a long time-it was perfect! Loved it. :)
XxMurasakiHimexX chapter 7 . 6/17
Great plot and it's really well written. Honestly, it's one of the best Zutara fics out there (and there are tons of zutara fics).
Vena Grey chapter 7 . 5/24
I had the feeling when I was reading this that I’d read it before. When I got to the end of six, I became sure of it – it’s been nearly a decade, but I first read this in high school, not long after it was published, back before Zutara’s canon existence was still possible. -sigh-

Nine years later and I doubt comments on here make much of a difference, but for what it’s worth: I thought this was good. It’s definitely a cut above even most good Avatar fanfiction, and it wasn’t lacking in plot at all – it just wasn’t an action oriented plot. I like the setting within S2 and most of the ways in which you altered the canon storyline. A few things I kept running into (i.e. the frequent reference to the characters’ eye colours and the heavily physical romance) acted as stumbling blocks; that said, as another reviewer pointed out, you knew very well that you were writing a romance, and that’s exactly what it felt like.

As far as characters, I liked Zuko’s “found freedom” behind the Blue Spirit identity, a persona that let him disguise most of his awkward interpersonal characteristics, and Katara’s sexual awakening was surprisingly accurate for someone of her age while also remaining age appropriate. And though I had to stop reading and think about Zuko’s reasoning behind giving Katara the initial dance lesson, it ended up being easy to accept. Again, the Blue Spirit persona seemed to act as an escape clause to his usual identity and responsibilities, sort of an escape from himself. Likewise, Katara accepting a dance from a masked stranger was very appropriate for someone of her emotional maturity – were she even a couple of years older, I doubt she’d have been innocent enough, but here she was and you pulled it off with surprising grace. I ultimately felt they were more in lust than in love, but your hinting at their thought processes in the final scene suggests the potential is there for more.

Where you could have done better: integrating the Gaang into the story; the search and eventual rescue of Appa; some mechanics of the festival scene; development of the attraction between the two when they’re together (it felt a bit sudden). I also didn’t fully understand the purpose of Song and Jin in the story, least of all Song. Ultimately it was good, not great, but definitely enjoyable. You do very well with the Blue Spirit in ways few authors take advantage of.
Moniregar chapter 7 . 5/16
this fic is perfect from the first line to the last
Congratulations for being such an amazing writer! and thank you for writing zutara!
WolfLuvsDragon chapter 7 . 4/29
You have to write more stories. :D
looved it! :3 the flow of the story us smooth and i especially loved the interaction between Katara and Zuko. HAHAHA so much sass right there. hihi. :3 i'm going to go on ahead and read the other chapters and try my best to comment on each. kudos bb! :3 -crs
Whelp chapter 1 . 4/16
I just finished the story, and let me say, damn you. All of that, and that's it? I wanted to see what happened next, but there's nothing there. I'm begging you, PLEASE CONTINUE THIS. IT'S FANTASTIC AND I WANT SO BADLY TO SEE HOW IT ALL TURNS OUT. PLEASE.
I've really gotten into your story, I've been reading it straight through school lol! I love it and I wish there was more! I just finished it and now I'm sitting here grinning like an idiot. It's a great story and if you wrote this because you were bored then I'm certainly going to check out your other fanfictions! thanks for writing!
Supreme98 chapter 7 . 3/25
This was fucking amazinnggggg, I'm in love with it dear god I need moooreeee
Nymeria Rhyone chapter 7 . 3/20
Wow! I can't even...
You're just wonderful!
That was an amazing ending!
Is there going to be a sequel?