Reviews for Lamppost
Voronwen chapter 1 . 4/14/2013
I love this! You most definitely fixed JKR's avoidance of where magic came from, and the telling absorbed me totally. An excellent episode in the EC ficverse! Well done!
Ailavyn Siniyash chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
This story was how I first found myself introduced to the ECverse, and coming back to it (after finally getting around to reading Narnia; I really ought to go reread ALL your stories so that they make more sense) to refresh my memory made me realize that I've been a terrible person and not commented on ANY of your stories. To make up for it, I'll give you a nice long review here.

First things first, the universe you've made is superb, splendid, and just about every other synonym of marvelous. Although I think my favorite stories are the ones with Will in them, hence my enjoyment of this one. I have a certain fondness for TDiR that outshines my fondness for all the other fandoms you've used, however much I love those too.

The Pevensies as Lords of the High Magic? Sheer brilliance. I really want you to get on with updating a certain story that hasn't been updated since 2007, so that I can see more Will/Pevensie conversations. Those are the best. And your characterization of Dumbledore? I rather like it. I'm not too familiar with the HP fandom, so I wouldn't know how people normally depict him, but being manipulative seems right up his alley. Your interpretation of Will was as close to perfect as is humanly possible. That's all I have to say about that.

One little thing. Might you...possibly...please? incorporate Castaways? I know you're familiar with it, considering your Van Helsing fics, but I know less than nothing about that fandom, so those fics were pretty much gibberish to me. I tried, but I couldn't get into them. And really, I do think you're clever enough to insert our dear Ben and Ned into this! Please? ...

-Aila

(Oh, I almost forgot: I love Draco as a fox! So adorable!)
OldFashionedGirl95 chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
Coming back to this after reading The Dark is Rising, I see it in all its awesomeness. I adored TDIR (well, the first four-and-a-half books, at least), and Peter as a Lord of the High Magic, knowing the Old Speech, is just too wonderful. Will Stanton teaching History of Magic-yessssss. Besides, he needs something to do with himself after the Old Ones abandon him (mutters against final half of last TDIR book).

Thanks for your fix-it rampage!
The Sleeping Creature chapter 1 . 1/11/2012
Brilliant. I love that you brought Will in- it works so well, and wow, I'm loving this series more and more.
Nada chapter 1 . 10/22/2011
While I conclude that some of the points made here about the imperialized Christianity that came about after Constantine are true it goes against the entire meaning of the Chronicles of Narnia books to merely dismiss Christianity as it seems you do in this story. Too often the part of Christianity people have a problem with is the people who claim to practice it.
Slayergirl chapter 1 . 8/19/2010
Weird, but I liked it!
narnialover10000 chapter 1 . 9/9/2009
if you don't write another chipter i will hunt you down and bite your head off.:(:(:(
RandomDream chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
I am unfamiliar with the DIRS, but this is still wonderful. Kudos!

Thanks.
Tracey Claybon chapter 1 . 5/28/2009
I don't think I've ever seen these two worlds crossed over but it works so well. Outstanding story and exceptional writing.

Please - do it again!
achillies-eel chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
You have me completely confused and overwhelmed by these onslots of new, complex information and intricate and unexpected twists to your plot. I'm wallowing over here! -Clings to a piece of flotsam- :)

So Will isn't actually an innocent muggle... I think I've missed a few fics. I just KNOW I'm reading these in the wrong order. I think I need to swallow my pride (like I find myself needing to do so often when trying to rely on my nonexistent sense of direciton) and look for the order on your LJ. Or maybe it's just my chronic laziness kicking in. :D
Kpopophile chapter 1 . 5/29/2008
so... did he go ?
Zarz chapter 1 . 12/11/2007
I really love The Dark is Rising Sequence, so this has to be my other biggest favorite in your Elijah's Cup universe! Bringing in Will as History of Magic Professor was just genius! Having him recognize Peter as a Lord of High Magic was also really great. It was pretty funny where the self-assured Old One found himself utterly swamped by the High Magic of Peter was really funny. Most Dark is Rising fanfics set after the books have a really hard time balancing the power of an Old One with needing to have a conflict for the plot. Having Will be subordinate to High King Peter instead was a nice tough. I hope to see a bit more of him in your future stories. About the one confusion I had was the line where Will says: “Anthropology, and Philosophy unless I can’t avoid it.” Shouldn't that either be "unless I CAN avoid it" or "IF I can't avoid it"? It doesn't make a lot of sense as written. Besides that, the story is great! Keep up the wonderful work!
ElfIcarii chapter 1 . 1/23/2007
Combining three of my favorite series! I like! Although it has been quite awhile since I read the Dark is Rising books - primarily because I seem to have lost the second one.
celticfox chapter 1 . 12/2/2006
That was one of the most successful crossovers I've ever read. And the Chronicles of Narnia- that must have been hard to do. Although the Chronicles of Narnia does fit better with TDIR than Harry Potter.
Tarien Lakilea Tel'anor chapter 1 . 11/27/2006
Well that was interesting. I haven't read that other series. How does Peter know that other language? It was another interesting parallel though.