Reviews for Follow the Queen
scifijoe chapter 2 . 3/8
I have not laughed so much as I have reading this story. It is a very good homage to the Back to the
Future Stories. Only instead of Sports Books, It's cookies. Kasy and Seki had better watch out, the Doctor might have to make a house call.
the grey mage chapter 2 . 10/3/2011
gawd i love back to the future.
Alexander - Godslayer chapter 2 . 4/12/2010
Why, hello there!

Having started reading the “Best Enemies” series quite a while ago (eleven months to be a little more accurate), eventually I stumped across the “Follow the Queen” episodes listed down on KiY’s page, so now that I’ve read the first part, here’s my review of it.

As a general view, I found the pacing and narration to be overall pretty good, and entertaining to top that. The only problem with it would be that some of “Walls of Dialogs” are plain out unforgivable because I lost count of how many times I couldn’t tell who was saying what. Yes, many times you could tell by the spoken phrase itself, but many times you couldn’t too.

That aside, I got to admit I found the “Thief plot” to be quite amusing and the twist being something I honestly didn’t see coming. That was worked out pretty well, so I congratulate you there. _

And from what I can tell, most of this story is actually a setup for the second, and no point in wondering where a certain line came from. I’m both eager and scared to find out what’s going on in the second part. _U

It’s also really nice to see the twins taking some relevance in the story, something I’m STILL waiting for in the Best Enemies series outside of this… “spin-off”? No, I don’t think that covers it, but… you probably get what I mean. (…I hope)

One thing that bugs me a bit: Why was Kasy being called “Kaysey” in the first chapter? The fact that she’s correctly called “Kasy” in the second only makes it weirder.

So, I’ll be starting the next part right away, and eventually tell you my opinion of it. Overall, I’m liking this fics, they are a nice work. _

Yours, “On a Never Ending Side-Quest” Alexander/Alexlayer.

‘til next part!
SickAndWrong chapter 2 . 5/15/2008
Oh, sure. Get the black guy to be Doc /Brown/...

That was cute, though. Nice 80s reference, I loved those movies.
SickAndWrong chapter 1 . 5/15/2008
Huh. That was probably some of the best dialogue I've read in a KP fic. I got tripped up in a couple places, and had to figure out who was talking, but honestly that was at least half the fun of it.

It FELT like a living-room poker game. Many kudos to you.

Couple misplaced words, nothing major.

No dice on the caper, though. It was woven in and out of the poker game flawlessley, but there was no suspense there. Didn't hurt the story any.
Wispr chapter 1 . 5/3/2008
Damn that was very cute... they're taking after Eemah!

Wispr
storyreader51 chapter 2 . 3/13/2008
Being busted while trying to steal cookies hadn’t been all bad; they had managed to talk Mommy into letting them give everyone hugs before being brought back upstairs and since everyone but Uncle Will was a pushover for the puppy-dog eyes, they had managed quite a haul. From Aunt Bonnie a couple of tootsie rolls, From Uncle Ron a chocolate chip muffin, Aunt Mo had slipped them two lollipops and Wade had given each one of them a dollar but, the best thing had come from Uncle Drew. He had slipped Kasy two peanut butter cookies and told her to ‘share with her sister’ but Sheki noticed something glinting in his jacket pocket. It was probably a present he had forgotten to give them earlier, so she took it.

All I can say to the 'adults' at the table: "SUCKERS"

Wade burst through the front door and into the room where everyone including him was playing poker. He clothing was outlandish, a red Hawaiian shirt and bright yellow calf length pants, over which he had on a long golden trench coat and a multi colored scarf. On his face was a pair of oversized wrap around mirrored sunglasses. Everyone at the table glanced back and forth between the two Wades in shock and horror, except Wade, who looked at an older, buffer and apparently fashion blind version of himself and thought, Yeah, the goatee works.

Shego stood up and yelled as she ignited her hands. “Dr D! What have I told you about clones?”

“But… I didn’t…”

“I’m not a clone!” the new Wade gasped between deep breaths, “I’m back from the future. Kim, Shego! You’ve gotta come with me.”

“What’s wrong with our future?”

“Nothing, You two are just fine... It’s your kids.” He said grimly, “Something has to be done about your kids!”

Let's see. Doctor Who meets Mirror universe quoting "Back to the Future"?

1. OY!

2. Did I miss anything?

getting weird...
storyreader51 chapter 1 . 3/13/2008
I honestly expected Kim to catch the 'thieves'. But then her 'husband' (and that's the only way I can look at a Kigo story) would be just as capable for being a reformed villainess.

Tonight's gift to Shego's daughters was equally sinister, a pair of whistles. 'He might have the psychiatrists fooled,' Kim thought, 'but the man is still pure evil.'

Poor Kimmy! For those who haven't read "Esther" by KiY, the whistles are nothing!

“I hate this game.”

“That’s ‘cuz it’s a man’s game!”

“Just what are you implying… uh… um…? Shego, a little help here…”

“MY NAME IS RON STOPPABLE! You’ve been playing poker with me every Saturday for two years… you could at least try to remember my name!”

“You are right, Shego. He is very excitable.”

Conservatively eight years have passed, and Drew STILL can't remember Ron? Ron has to re-open a can of 'monkey smackdown' on Drew.

All in all, a good story.
eoraptor chapter 2 . 1/2/2008
:P all right you two... you could either deal with a multitude of Sheki's and Kaseys, or onf of the two pairs run off and become real criminals, or whatever, but dfon't just leave the story hanging there! :P
Desslock3 chapter 2 . 2/1/2007
An amusing, some what WAFFY piece. Unfortunately, I have to admit that this is not one of your better fics. The antics of Kasy and Sheki as they planned and excuted thier raid on the snacks were funny and could have been expounded upon. Pesonally I found the banter of the various card players more entertaining and would have liked to have seen the story focus on that angle. I would even go so far as to say that you could split the story and make two seperate stories, one focused on Kasy and Sheki, and another thats just poker night for the Kim Possible crowd.
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 2 . 10/24/2006
Dr D, you did (or ruined?) it again!

Very cool epilogue.

Keep the good writing.
creativetoo chapter 2 . 10/24/2006
Let us know if it should be continued?

How can you even ask such a silly question.

Of course it should be continued. :)

I want...no...I need to know just what Kasy and Sheki are doing in the future that's got Wade so freaked out about.

Great bonus chapter. :)
Etherelemental chapter 2 . 10/23/2006
You would be a horrible, horrible person to just leave it like this. This would qualify as a cliffhangar, and leaving it like this is like ending a story in the middle! It's quite good, though, is the device that Kasy and Sheki swiped from Drakken traveling with them? If so, then some things really will be interesting. Although, I'm wondering what kind of trouble they've gotten into this time. And I'm pretty sure that Shego won't be amused. _ Anyway, I hope the next update comes soon. This is quite an interesting thought here. _
SM02 chapter 2 . 10/23/2006
This is cute. I'd like too see what happened to the kids.
Jyuami chapter 1 . 10/21/2006
nice story, very cute. the cookie theft was adorable, and i loved the dialogue around the table.