Reviews for Layla
PoetDameron chapter 8 . 9/13
OH, THE PAIN. I love when things hurt so good. And while I'm not the biggest fan of sad endings, I'm so satisfied with this that I don't care anymore. I have always though that after what dick move Hyde pulled on Jackie during s8, he won't ever deserve her ever again. Even with Jackie's enourmous heart and love for him, there is a point in which enough is enough. So I understand from where you are standing, especially taking in mind Clapton and Boyd's story.

Talking about that, I'm so happy to have found this story. Because I'm such a big fan of Clapton, he is everything to me. And since I first watched the show, I though Hyde and Jackie resemble somehow to Eric and Pattie, and I've been searching for a story in which this is put in spotlight, so I'm very, very happy I found your story! Thank you so much for it, it was a pleasure to read it and feel for it.

Beautiful writing, no matter the sad ending. Loved it!
boooooooo it was so good how could you do this
107derwent chapter 8 . 6/8/2015
I really love this story! It's the second time i read it and i just love how you captured all these emotions hidden in Hyde's mind. And the end, wow! Although I like to imagine them both getting together after the end of the show, I guess that this would be the most appropriate reaction from Jackie after everything he did to her. She grew a lot during the series, and although she is love personified, she is also pride, and with this ending she finally shows she have learnt how to not smash her pride anymore. Hope you keep writing!
la muneka chapter 8 . 5/7/2014
I could not stop reading.. so sad now I think I need a pick me up! But it was a very beautiful story nonetheless.
appalove chapter 8 . 3/15/2014
This story has one of the most moving, heart wrenching and totally realistic endings I've read in a fic. The chapter, especially the last paragraph, really do make the story - great storytelling! I agree with a previous reviewer that this ending is how their story would go in real life. As much as we all wanted those two crazy kids to work it out, just too much damage was done for anything more to happen between them... at least by the end of the show. (Ugh, do I actually agree with the Season 8 writers on one point? Noooo.) Give Jackie and Hyde a few years, and a few experiences with other people, and then... maybe!
Another line that stuck out to me was Hyde's own awareness of how he'd always held himself back from Jackie, keeping himself a little out of reach even while they were together, and how that was ultimately what screwed him over. This also feels so true to life. :(
Bravo, thanks for posting this fic!
appalove chapter 2 . 3/15/2014
Love your re-working of the A New Hope opening text :D
ShanghaiLily chapter 8 . 8/8/2012
Heartbreaking! A beautiful ending and one that should have been in the show, even though I would've liked to see them get together again. If this were real life, this is how it would've gone down. Sniff sniff.
MistyMountainHop chapter 8 . 9/9/2011
Despite the sad ending, this was a very enjoyable story. I love the tension throughout, the exploration of Hyde's insecurity. I've also thought Hyde may have felt a lot of anger about Jackie going back to Kelso - especially after "Jackie Bags Hyde," and that this is what sown his paranoia about J/K during their own relationship

The last paragraph totally *makes* the story:

Slowly, he rose from the couch and pulled her small frame into his arms. For one moment, he was several years younger, holding onto Kelso's girl, their whole future ahead of them. In the next, he was older, letting go of Fez's woman, and accepting that their 'future' was now in the past. One last, lingering squeeze, and he released her into a world that didn't include him and to a man he could never be.

Terribly sad but worded so well. Definitely resonates through all of the previous chapters. Wonderful.
bsloths chapter 8 . 4/8/2010
I loved seeing the series through Hyde's eyes! This was so brilliant. Making it about him and his trust issues and his insecurities about Kelso - just fantastic! I wish it could have had a happier ending, but you're right - the way the show set them up, it would not be possible for them to get back together. Great fic!
Raven09 chapter 8 . 8/25/2009
As an avid Clapton fan I adored this!

Even the sad ending...

CatarinaJones chapter 8 . 4/30/2009
That was beautiful! I didn't even mind the sad ending...much...and that's saying a lot coming from me! I can't wait to read more of your stories and I am eagerly awaiting an update for 'Hyde Bags Jackie.' Keep up the good work!
flight815surviver chapter 8 . 2/21/2009
I don't want closure I need to hold them just in an unended state! But I did really enjoy this fic :)
flight815surviver chapter 6 . 2/21/2009
aw poor hyde bless his little rebel heart. Silly Jackie, chasing him all over the place then changing her mind. Yes would quite like to know wots in that pink fluffy head of hers
flight815surviver chapter 4 . 2/21/2009
yea I agree, Jakies just something pretty for when he doesnt wanna make the effort. He's with her cos she loves him and takes care of him and does woteva he wants. God Kelso is such a moron. I bet Hydes great in bed.
flight815surviver chapter 2 . 2/21/2009
o thats gotta b one of my favorite moments eva from the show, and wow jackie horny. now that id like to see in a bit more depth than say flowchart again