Reviews for The Only Things That Matter Are These
Dannaron chapter 1 . 6/9/2009
Wow. Beautifully understated and sad... It's been years since I played the game, but this brings back that final scene with Lola in all it's original impact.

Very well done.
Ryback chapter 1 . 12/19/2006
A very nice character montage. The definitive interpretation of Lola for me has always been Charles Frederick's, in his GF novelization, but this story has her just as fully realized. I liked that you didn't try and 'explain' her, just gave us these small snapshots instead.

Not at all related to this fic: glad to see you're still writing. And this may be right out of the blue, but: any chance that Second Element trilogy'll get completed one day? :)
VampireNaomi chapter 1 . 10/13/2006
This was brilliant! I'm amazed at how you were able to create such an atmosphere with such short scenes. My favourite was the fourth one; it fit perfectly with the game. My heart nearly broke when it turned out that Manny was talking about/to Meche. The dialogue was spot on.

These little scenes are so perfect that I'm actually afraid that they might affect the way I see Lola. I'm writing a long WIP about her, and now you've planted your vision of her into my head.

Anyway, it's always such a pleasure to read your stories, whatever fandom you're writing about. I really should keep a closer look at my friends page at LJ. It seems like I'm missing all of your fics - and I still haven't reviewed your Psychonauts stuff, even though I promised.

The last lines of dialogue were a great way to end this fic. It felt like the end of the game. So... bittersweet.
Rei Nokato chapter 1 . 10/12/2006
Glad you submitted this here! Time from the first time I read it on LJ to now hasn't taken from its magic.