Reviews for They Also Serve
trustingHim17 chapter 30 . 2/25
enjoyed the parallel story. :D
surely Phillip's wrangling that promise from the Dogs requires payback, right? how does Edmund get revenge for the Dog's plague?
DAForever62442 chapter 28 . 2/2
I just wanted to say how much I've loved this story. Along with Into the West, it is my absolute favorite fanfiction I have ever read, and I have read a lot. I love how all your stories fit together and reference events from other stories and how you've created your own version of Narnia and Cair Paravel. This is one of those stories that I go back to over and over again and it never gets old. Each time I go back to this or Into the West it's like revisiting the magic of the first read all over again. You put so much effort into all your stories, and it really comes through in your writing. You got everything perfectly, from Edmund to Philip to Peter to Aslan to Susan and Lucy. I especially liked the Dogs following all the horses around! Thank you so much for such amazing stories.
Anterus chapter 30 . 8/7/2014
I can't even begin to express how beautiful this was, even the simplest words are wrought into something enchanting and fitting, like how Peter says one word "good"yet the emotion is palpable and the picture is intricate. The last line was meaningful and amazing in itself, tying back to the previous thoughts where Edmund despaired. One of the most important reasons on why I love your stories is that they are always meaningful, beautiful, and you feel as though you learn a lot from them. They are inspiring and refreshing, so thank you for blessing us readers with your work. Aslan is so real, so true, and loving.
anone.cho chapter 4 . 10/11/2013
and that is exactly why i love Edmund so much and he has been my favorite character in Narnia. My country had also suffered colonization and I know hundreds and thousands of traitors lived happily ever after until they die in peace and wealth never acknowledging their wrongdoings even in private. Edmund is a brave, truthful, and deserve Narnia.
DAForever62442 chapter 30 . 6/25/2013
Marvelous.
DAForever62442 chapter 9 . 6/24/2013
Armor plated chickens pecking at giants's feet as got to be one of the funniest mind pictures ever. No wonder Edmund lost it. I'm loving this as much as Into the West; it's interestig to read what was going on at Cair Paravel while Peter was away. I keep connecting eveything back to Into the West.
basaltone chapter 30 . 4/18/2012
Wonderful companion piece to "Into the West". Together these would make an outstanding movie, you have such a gift for writing action while not losing the emotions of the characters. I can only hope that you are pursuing a career as a screenwriter, the world would be a better place with your words on film. Thank you.
Anonymous chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
This is one of my favorite stories! I love the relationship you've created between Edmund and Peter. Your writing technique is professional.

I would like to see more stories about Edmund.:)
Xaipre chapter 30 . 7/10/2011
While I appreciate how Good Peter is, I also love the deviousness of Edmund, and I love how you write his voice, equally sarcastic and caring, and also strong. Like Peter would say, "night to his day" and all the complexity and beauty that that entails.

I loved how you showed Edmund's gradual decline, but at the same showed his caring nature by having him hide Peter's crown from Silvo. Only for Edmund would hiding things show how much he cares! Since I am also a sarcastic person who is grumpy in the morning, I have some comfort in the fact that Aslan accepts Edmund just the way he is.

I think the way you wrote Jadis was perfect. She was evil and cruel and twisted, and someone who turned beautiful things into ugly things. Since I'm not really a part of the Narnia fandom I have no idea if you got any flack for suggesting that she sexually molested Edmund, but I think it is believable, and the way you deal with it, and have Edmund deal with it, is also believable and sympathetic.

Even though Edmund went on no quest, and someone could say that "not much happened" in this story, I thoroughly loved just seeing Edmund being a king in his kingdom. While I like the meme of the Nobody doing the Extraordinary, I adore the High Fantasy where the characters love and rule the kingdom. It has taken me a moment to really wrap my mind around what Lewis did in making teens and pre-teens the rulers of Narnia, it reminds me of boy-bishops and the like from early Medieval England, and that tender time of life between the onset of puberty and the loss of innocence and wonder that is what being an "adult" is all about. It makes the characters even more endearing, and I think you have showed that in your writing in a fantastic way.

Again, thank you for writing, I enjoyed reading!
Darkfire25 chapter 15 . 6/29/2011
Awesome story Its 3:15 in the morn gotta go to sleep. This is really keeping me up
Crazy Dyslexic Nerd chapter 30 . 6/27/2011
I thought I'd reviewed this. I was so sure. Why is it that I keep going back to read the best stories and find that I never reviewed them? I should have found out about the review rev
lifechiaroscuro chapter 30 . 4/21/2011
Great. story. I loved it! especially the brother bonding at the end!

This deserves a longer review full of praises, but I just want to read more of your fics, so take my word that I mean everything whole-heartedly.

~Caity :)
Desertfyre chapter 30 . 2/10/2011
I LOVED this story! Once again, sad it's over and can't unread to read again for the first time! I enjoyed this ride! D
Desertfyre chapter 28 . 2/10/2011
Pssst-could you do a story (if you haven't already as I have yet to finish off your list) of the returning of the Deplorable Word and it tempting Edmund? I dunno, I could see a good story on that. Be nice...

And great chapter! D
Desertfyre chapter 26 . 2/10/2011
Just in the nick of time!

(Though, the thought of Edmund sacrificing and having to wait which would have lead into a longer story with more Edmund with a side heap of Peter angst woulda been fine with me. lol What can I say, I love to torture to the guy and then make it better. D)

Great chapter! D