Reviews for Lifeline
AzuKaVLC chapter 1 . 4/29
Amazing story!
So well written! Original and well developed!
It deserves a film or special episode!
I don't find the miscarriage scene odd, it's pretty plausible. And it's very inconsiderate to critic it if you haven't been in that situation. You don't know if the author or someone close went through the same.
Chloe chapter 1 . 9/24/2013
Good plot but I just kept skipping sections, there was too much rambling! Other then that it was a really teary at the end :'(
Well Done!
Arnie-Rocks chapter 9 . 10/31/2012
So. Sad.
PanicMoon15 chapter 3 . 5/7/2010
giovanbronckhorst chapter 9 . 1/31/2010
That was simply amazing. I really can't think of any other word for it. I think it was an amazing plot and entirely unpredictable without being too confusing.

I think your characterisation of Captain Jack was wonderful. Hilarious and oh-so Jack. And your Adam definitely made me want to hurt someone (preferably him) which is a good sign!

I loved the last part with Jackie hitting The Doctor round the face. That was definitely funny. I was a little disappointed with the lack of Doctor in the story. Not disappointed with the story per se, more just because I have a ridiculous amount of love for that man (well, alien), that's all.

The end was a sad one :( I was hoping the Doc and Rose would get to have their baby and be happy together but I guess I sorta always figured they wouldn't. Shame. The miscarriage was sort of an odd moment. I can see why you had Rose act the way she did about it, but I guess I can't really see a woman who has just miscarried acting like that. Then again, I have absolutely no experience with miscarrying anything, so I can't really decide on it.

The only thing I can pick about it that during some of the chapters, when you change scene (like after Rose calls Sarah Jane then goes to the clinic) it was a little confusing about what was going on, because it just suddenly switched. Maybe have a clear gap to show a change in scene?

Besides that though, it is an absolutely fantastic story and definitely going in my favourites! Keep up the fantastic work!
Anna McNarin chapter 9 . 1/10/2010
Wow that was profoundly sad; a well written tear story.
Samara Connor chapter 9 . 8/9/2008
It was a wonderful story! It is extremly sad! You really should write a sequal. I love it!1
User25214 chapter 9 . 7/31/2008
*cry* that last chapter was so sad, i knew that something would happen to the baby when i read the part where adam shot her, i just didn't think it would be written so effectivly.

you're really good at stories
sinecure chapter 9 . 1/22/2008
ate my other comment I think. So, here I go again.

I usually stay away from pregnancy stories, but I decided to try this one and I'm glad I did. It's interesting and you've got the characters dead on. Alternate/wonky timeline-stories are a favorite, so this hit a deep kink of mine. Excellent story! :)
Eleanor Ariail chapter 9 . 9/22/2007
Here's a big coincidence for you... I had just started reading this story a couple chapters, then I stopped to watch Doctor Who on PBS, and it was The Long Game, which I had never seen before. So imagine my surprise when I come back to finish the story I was reading, and it's all about Adam! Really wierd.

Anyway, it was a great story! Very interesting and sad. Glad to see the Dr is open to the idea of babies in the future! I'd love to read that story, where it all turns out ok. But I'm a sucker for fluff anyway. Thanks for the read!
Star-of-Chaos chapter 9 . 8/26/2007
That was a beautiful story. I didn't really find it disturbing, just very sorrowful. The only possibly disturbing thing was how many ways I've thought of to kill off Adam.
Alipeeps chapter 9 . 4/18/2007
Very good fic - an excellent story idea and very well executed and structured. Your characterisation is good and the story is absorbing and gripping.
Bryonia Alba chapter 9 . 2/3/2007
its good and sad you should write anouther one where rose has her baby, like a altenate ending, which would be kinda ironic becuz of thats kinda what the story is about! lol anyways, keep writing!
Alice Dodgson chapter 9 . 1/9/2007
Oh my God.

That was, in a word...AMAZING.

Seriously, this is one of the best pieces of fanfiction I've ever read in my entire life. And I've read a lot of fanfic.

It was just so...well-written, and detailed, and emotional without being sentimental. Jack was hilarious, everyone was in character, and several scenes (especially the one where Rose miscarries) brought tears to my eyes.

I can't put into words how much I enjoyed reading this.

Do you write original fiction? Because if not, you should, and if you do, you should keep it up. And you should definitely try to get published. You have real talent, a real gift.

Thank you so much for writing and sharing this. It's one of the best things I've read in awhile (I include "real books" along with that).
Arysta chapter 9 . 1/8/2007
That was horribly sad! A great read, but horribly, horribly sad! I'm so glad that they were okay at the end. Keep writing!