Reviews for Good Neighbours
ComicalEpiphanies chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
Holy, freaking, cow. This was BRILLIANT! I love how DuMont whittled Jake down, and how Jake grew up. While it hurt for him to have turned, well, grey, it was an interesting take and very plausible. Fabulous job.
CelloSolo2007 chapter 1 . 7/9/2008
Wow, this was awesome! Nice idea! I liked all the conversations and slow changes in how they treated each other, it was well-described, and you have one of the most fluent, typo-free writing styles I've seen in a long time. Great job. There were some great lines in this, too, like "G.I. Jake", and how mysterious DuMont somehow managed to be. Great job, this was a great fic! Keep up the awesome writing!

Sapphire
PirateAngel chapter 1 . 6/4/2007
Again an impressive story. Dark and deep, it's a side of Jake that was hinted at in the show and which you have fleshed out beautifully, I really enjoy your work and would be very happy if you continued. A very satisfying oneshot.
Darlian chapter 1 . 1/20/2007
"Not that I believe in God, but if I did I'd sure take this little twist of fate as proof He has a sense of humour."

"By the third day they were quoting Star Wars at each other."

You captured the tenacious relationship between Jake and DuMont perfectly. DuMont's unsettling demeanor, Jake's own line of reasoning and the character's internal conflict was on the spot as well. Keep up the great work!
Bacard chapter 1 . 1/2/2007
...and you make it work! How the...

I'm wordless. Really. And stunned. (And a bit envy.)

This story is perfect from the title, through the “impressed”, till the last line. I saw the second Dumond-episode’s re-run just a few weeks ago, and with this vivid memory in my mind, I can say only that you’ve done a very nice job… again.

(Although the story is perfect, the situation isn’t, and of course it can’t be, but I can’t imagine myself closer to believe what you’ve written.)

I think I simply love this story.
Zucht chapter 1 . 12/2/2006
What a sad story. I really felt pain for Jake.

I'm not sure I buy into the NSA scrapping him, even if there were more agents, especially if he still was the only one with the technical profeciancy he has. But one of the best things about the way you write is you look at 'What If?', and that is a good talent to have.

Till later.

-Zucht
umino-gaara chapter 1 . 10/11/2006
I've only seen a few Jake 2.0 episodes so I have no idea who DuMont is, but this was interesting irregardless. I've also read several of your other j2.0 fics and enjoyed them.