Reviews for BE,S I: Blue Eyes, Shining: Intermezzi
Thomas Linquist chapter 7 . 6/26/2008
I just want to thank you, Neb. There are some stories in my life that haven't been fully told. Not even to Mrs. Linquist. You have told me a lot of them in the last two days. I remember so much now.

If you ever decide to put some of this into print, let me know. I need copies.

Thomas
Thomas Linquist chapter 2 . 6/26/2008
Your musical background shows through. Or should I say, shines through.

I like the idea of these Intermezzi. So often as writers, we see these little scenes that don't quite fit into the story, but add so much to them. I'm glad somebody found a way to do it. Now if only I had the gift that would let me follow suit.

Your use of Bonnie Tyler's "Holding Out for a Hero" was perfect. I actually have another use for that song floating around in the ether that I call a mind. When I get Possible Pregancies further along, maybe it can come out to play. Joss' lyrics are great. Maybe it should have been recorded as a second part of the original. Something similar at least.

Still reading and enjoying.

Thomas
MaceEcam chapter 7 . 12/29/2007
I finally read it, and it was good. I'll go into more detail over chat.
MaceEcam chapter 3 . 12/29/2007
I finally read it, and it was good. I'll go into more detail over chat.
Sir Sebastian chapter 7 . 6/26/2007
Talk about bittersweet. To old flames, dear friend. They may lay dormant in the dark corners, but the fire never completely dies.
Star-Eva01 chapter 7 . 6/23/2007
Cpneb:

It's a strange thing that old pictures, songs, and the like will do to someone.

I like the take that Anne was not James' first love.

Have you heard "Unanswered Prayers" by Garth Brooks?

Wonderful

Star_Eva01
Slyrr chapter 7 . 6/20/2007
There's nothing quite as funny as a husband/wife team who still have a 'thing' for each other when their kids are older...

But don't most husbands have to put up the illusion that they never knew any girls or women until the day they met the one to which they are currently married? : )
Pharaoh Rutin Tutin chapter 7 . 6/17/2007
Everyone has a "might have been" in their past. I should have known that Mr Dr P would have had more in his past than the mousy girl in the Freshman Physics class.

Of course, I'm certain that Anne's history has even more colourful characters.
CajunBear73 chapter 7 . 6/17/2007
Ah yes, memories like those are something. Where we were, where we are and where we will be; always in motion. Same for the people around us: paths & choices not taken.
Sir Sebastian chapter 5 . 2/22/2007
There's nothing much more I can say that I haven't before. But I'll try. This chapter was funny and sweet. And HOT. Thanks for the visuals. Now I'll have go take a cold shower.

And nice treatment of Bonnie. At first I thought she was gonna receive a royal bashing. But you treated her right. Nice. She is one of my favorite minor characters (with not so minor 'attributes').
mkusenagi2 chapter 6 . 2/10/2007
Excellent. from Flanner's confession, to Kim's compassion, to Ron's honoring her with his sentimentality, to Justine's Victory.

Simply BOOYAHRIFFIC!

mkusenagi2 chapter 5 . 1/30/2007
True Romance, swimmin' holes, and good food. YOW!

A Glorious ending for a great story!

mkusenagi2 chapter 4 . 1/29/2007
I am overwhelmed by the charged emotions here. Damned Great Job.

mkusenagi2 chapter 3 . 1/29/2007
Catharsis. Growth. Renewal. Immortality. Compassion. These are some of the things you've covered here.

Great Read.

mkusenagi2 chapter 2 . 1/29/2007
Wow! Truly an excellent chapter. Joss cements the choice she's made and Slim accepts her decision. Onward!