Reviews for Sapphire Blues
Traxits chapter 1 . 8/3/2010
You know, I read this piece shortly after I joined back in '01, and I have to admit, it has somehow stuck with me. Every time I see Quistis in my replays of the game, I giggle and think of her with Raijin. Makes me happy.

All in all, I guess I'm attempting to congratulate you on a neat little piece of fiction that has stuck with me for years. Not many pieces can claim that.
Strike To Incinerate chapter 1 . 5/22/2007
This was wonderful and cute and fluffy and yeah... I LOVED IT.

And, best of all, Raijin and Quistis were in character. This was so good that the 'y'know' didn't even annoy me (and it usually does). Raijin's such an adorable goof. Seifer and Fujin should be nicer to him. Quistis/Raijin is now one of my favorite pairings. This is so faved.
MidnightWhisper7 chapter 1 . 8/27/2006
That was adorable, and what a well-written and original romance! Raijin and Quistis? Well, you manage to make it work. It was cute and sweet and uproaringly funny at the same time. I really like how you write Quistis too. And Raijin's naivety is adorable.
ContradictoryOrien chapter 1 . 2/1/2006
Great story! I definitely liked it... g'job!
Lain of the Weird chapter 1 . 5/26/2005
Oh my. *giggles* I've never even thought about Rajin and Quistis as a pairing. You wrote it amazingly, especially Fujin.
SilverLocke980 chapter 1 . 4/11/2005
Beautiful! I know that I have a tendency to gush whenever I read something where you are involved (put simply: your work is too good to do anything else) but this fic is just beautiful!

I never thought I'd read a fic where the love makes sense. FF8, as you've already explored in "God, No" (a hilarious piece- I loved it!), is a fandom seemingly *made* for random relationships, and that very randomness has produced odd pairings that are conventional only because nothing is unconventional in this fandom. But, really, there are only three real "couples" among the two groups (the SeeD and the Posse): the classic of Squall/Rinoa, the wilder and slightly less "set" relationship of Selphie/Irvine, and finally, the untold, undeveloped love story of Fuujin/Seifer.

Yet you have neatly tied up the only people really not paired up with anybody: Quistis of the SeeD and Raijin of the Posse. These two are all alone, all apart... and you've brought them together.

And you have made it make sense. Raijin is not "smarter than he looks"; he's just as damn stupid as he was in the game. And Quistis has not let go of her "inner ice cube"; she still has a hint of coolness and dryness, but it is not hateful nor mean, just her manner. Her worries over her own self and Raijin's "Raijin philosophizin'", as I believe you put it somewhere else and better than I could, on Quistis, are perfect and grand.

This is a story about love and the wacky ways it can reach out and touch us. And Seifer may be evil, but hey, he's got Fuujin, and that has to count for something.

Congratulations on such a well-written piece. And for the question in the summary of this story...

Yes, Guardian, you can write this story. You can. And you did.

Your Devoted Fan,

Grasshopper chapter 1 . 12/2/2004
An uber-fluffy Quisty and Raijin ficcie, wai~! This pairing is really getting to be among my fave het FF8 pairings and this one rocked my socks off! Such greatness on the QuiRai front!

...even if Seifie/Fu kinda makes the Grassy break out in hives...
bwilbur chapter 1 . 4/10/2004
:-O That was good! Wow. Even dumbasses can be cute... :)
Kimmie3 chapter 1 . 9/24/2003
never before have I read a Quistis and Raijin coupling.. but that was cool! there was just something about it that was very sweet. That last line had me in kinks laughing, btw. thanks for breaking the mood! LOL! Great story, well worth the read!

dirtnapping chapter 1 . 8/7/2003
How uber-kawaii! _

I absolutely loved it! I have another cavity in my brain thanks to you! XD

Good job!

Breathe Easy chapter 1 . 6/29/2003
LOL I loved it! It was great! And perfect. You played them both perfect...Even Seifer and Fujin...GREAT!
Digger McFoogle chapter 1 . 2/13/2003
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW SO CUTE! Tho I am a compainer for Raionne's (Raijin/Ellone) I *do* like Raistis' too

~Aadeane Almasy~
Princess hermione4 chapter 1 . 9/18/2002
Yay! Finally found out how to post a review! Omg, it is SO good, Guardian. I probably shouldn't have read Sapphire Blues during lectures, but your story was so good that I swear that the guy behind me was trying to read it too!

Anyway, great great X1000, Guardian!

Fr. one of ur fans, heehee... (Btw, U know me)
LiquidSky chapter 1 . 9/10/2002
I can't believe I didn't find this sooner! I loved this fic, it is so original and sweet and funny and cute. I just loved it you did a great job.
Kate S.P chapter 1 . 9/7/2002
'And they all lived happily ever after, until the next day when Seifer and Fujin broke out in a sexually-transmitted rash.'

LMAO! God, I love your stories. This only barely misses beating Anam Cara.
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »