Reviews for The Consequences Of Not Being Polite
shdwwlf32 chapter 47 . 2/24
Well done, one of the better BSG fanfics out there. I've read this several times and periodically reread usually when I check to see if you have started a sequel...

Hoping that a sequel is in the works and again very well done with this story!
maartenvervloet chapter 47 . 2/24
I really liked this story

I was wondering, your Terran Empire, is it your own creation or did you take the concept from somewhere else? (I was wondering because I have been working on a SF world myself)
Grovtech chapter 47 . 7/1/2016
This was one BSG fanfic that kept my attention. I think I enjoyed this ending much more than the one in canon. There's hope for the future here while I did not get that vibe from the series ending.

Good Stuff!
Cereburn chapter 47 . 5/16/2016
Very much enjoyed this story. Although some of the future tease got a bit much. Cannot count how many times you'd reveal something coming then not actually get to that thing till 3 or 4 chapters down. (like who the final 5 were, or the reaction to their reveal, or Cavil finally meeting the Raptors-And I would have really enjoyed knowing more details on how he actually got it-see PS). You are good at hooking people, but I came close to skipping ahead just to relieve the anticipation.

PS - I've not written any omakes, but had some thoughts towards Cavil getting eaten via boarding party, then resurrected and eaten again and again ala a really gory Groundhog Day.
PascalDragon chapter 47 . 2/27/2016
That was a terrific story. I especially loved the overall rounded design of the Terrans. Did you have any specific inspiration for them?
The Colonials and the Cylon defectors definitely deserved their happy end and I have to admit that I cried a little when Hera had been reunited with her parents again.
I think I'd really enjoy a sequel of this, dealing with the Cylon Remnant, the expedition back to the Colonies and the Precursors...
Blinxnot chapter 47 . 11/1/2015
My third time reading this crossover, still an enjoyable and well written and constructed story. Any further stories planned by the Author?
erik chapter 47 . 10/17/2015
Still one of the best stories on this site.

And one of those I regularly check for anything new.

Well done and thank you.
WHCnelson chapter 1 . 10/9/2015
found this story again
80sarcades chapter 47 . 9/20/2015
Best new BSG fic that I've read in...well, ever. Actually, the best out there. Thank you for writing this!
ltak2003 chapter 47 . 9/15/2015
Wow! I am not sure why it took me so long to read the final chapters and the epilogue, but I am very glad to had done so. This story had to be one of the best written fanfictions on the entire site. I reads as good or better than many other published science fiction novel. In fact, you have a great story with the Terran Imperium by itself. Thank you! I truly hope to read more of these universe.
deitarionSSokolow chapter 18 . 7/26/2015
I really wish I could believe that they were using "prefer homeopathic remedies" as a euphemism for "shun medicine" and "our homeopaths" as a euphemism for "surreptitious vaccination specialists" but I see no evidence of that in your phrasing.

Homeopathy is bunk based on an idea that basically boils down to making a voodoo doll for the illness. (Take something that causes the symptoms, dilute it down until, AT MOST, a few atoms remain, and then give it to the patient. The more dilute it is, the more powerful it is. James Randi does quite a good talk on the details and studies have shown that it's just the placebo effect.)

Don't believe me? Read a bottle of homeopathic sleeping pills. Typically, the "active ingredient" is caffeine.

Also, it should be "distress button", not "duress button". ("under duress" is a synonym for "being forced")
deitarionSSokolow chapter 17 . 7/25/2015
Your terminology is very wrong.

Deists believe that one or more gods exist but never meddle in day to day affairs. (They created the universe and then haven't touched it since). Many of the U.S. founding fathers were deists.

Theists believe that one or more gods exist and actively meddle in day-to-day life. (Christianity is a theist religion)

Anyone who believes it's worth their effort to pray or otherwise appeal to divine intervention is a theist of some sort.

The terms you intended are monotheist, polytheist, and pantheist from the Ancient Greek for "one god", "many gods", and "all god", respectively.

(To quote Wikipedia, "Pantheism is the belief that the Universe (or Nature as the totality of everything) is identical with divinity,[1] or that everything composes an all-encompassing, immanent God.")
The Defenestrated Typewriter chapter 18 . 6/29/2015
you've got a great story here, some rough edges but its got a good plot, progresses at a nice pace and the actions your characters take makes sense.

However i couldnt help but cringe everytime homeopathic treatment was mentioned as a viable treatment especially by the scientifically advanced terrans. homeopathic medicine is the belief that if someone has a headache then giving them a substance that is known to cause headaches will somehow make them feel better, its like using laxatives to treat diarrhea.
KMF-G chapter 47 . 6/11/2015
Thanks for supreme story, especially for TIN.
TrueMetis chapter 15 . 5/23/2015
Your time line is rather off, Velociraptor lived 75 to 71 million years ago, so if the Precursors came back a million years later dinosaurs would still be very much alive. And while I think bipedal primates started to come into being after the KT extinction event I doubt they look much like apes.