Reviews for But for the Grace
Harrigan chapter 8 . 11/24/2006
Holy crap! I am so glad you aren't leaving us hanging on this story. I just can't wait to find out how they are going to get out of this jam, what's going on with OUR Sam, and what will happen to AU Sam, because I care about him more and more with each chapter... Dean's internal voice is still awesome. And and you rock!
Mellaithwen chapter 8 . 11/24/2006
god I hate this site when it plays up; NO UPDATES argh

ah dude, cannot wait to see the man who owns the vault. Will he call the police, will he hear them out, will he be a secret shaman who knows how to get Dean back to his world?

ah

or you know, none of the above *cough*

so much awesome banter, and plenty of irony in Sam being less inclined to the touchy feely self help yoga crap than Dean this time around
Sara Wolfe chapter 8 . 11/24/2006
Yeah, I stand by what I said before. This is awesome. And I'm already feeling sorry for Alternate Sam, since he's going to be all alone when Dean goes back to his own reality. You wouldn't really leave him all alone, would you?
Libramentum chapter 8 . 11/23/2006
This whole story has been a pleasure to read. Your Dean is spon on perfect. His characterization just rings as true as when watching the show and that is amazing.

I am feeling bad for this version of Sam. He's gone through so much and I am glad that while he is terribly flawed he still manages to have an inner strength that our Sam is able to draw upon.

I do worry for him for when Dean leaves. A part of me would like him to somehow wind up in Dean's world if only to see Dean trying to take care of two Sams.

Thank you for writing this. I look forward for more of the story.
Sara Wolfe chapter 2 . 11/23/2006
Wow. Awesome concept. So, did Sam forget everything and everyone in his life, or did Dean step into an alternate reality? Can't wait to read more.
sugarquill4ron chapter 8 . 11/23/2006
yet another awesome chapter :) i love it! and im feeling very sorry for this Sam, i hope things are better for him before Dean disappears :( looking forward to your next update :D
carocali chapter 8 . 11/23/2006
Fantastic update. I love that Sam is finally opening up to Dean and telling him what has happened in his life. My heart is breaking for THIS Sam though, because if Dean leaves, who will he have? Maybe he can go with Dean to the other dimension and assume a new identity? How will they solve this, and how will they get out of the jail in time, and with the artifact?

More please!

:D

caroline
fuzzylemon chapter 8 . 11/23/2006
I am loving this story. Seriously, loving it.
MistyEyes chapter 8 . 11/23/2006
CLIFFHANGER! T_T *ded*

This chapter was amazing. I love how Sam finally kind of opened up to Dean. Hurrah! I can't believe they're stuck in a mansion. That was just hilarious. I loved the emotion here. And omg, I want this alternate universe Sam to be happy! As well as Dean's Sam, I want Dean to save him! AGH! I love this fic. Can't wait for your next update!
Kaewi chapter 8 . 11/23/2006
Love it! I've been checking the site hoping that you'd post soon, despite the stupid lack of alerts.. again. Congrats on your longest story ever! Believe me, it's totally worth the work. I love how this story is progressing, and how this Sam is becoming just as lovable as the one we know and love. Although I am deathly curious as to what exactly is going on with the other Sam right now...

"Maybe it was some freaky psychic crap, Sam projecting his emo-ness across the room. He hoped it wouldn’t cancel out his own badassitude."

That part had me cracking up like you wouldn't believe. Your sense of humour is perfect for Dean's point of view! I can't wait to find out how this all unfolds, and what Dean will do when he has to face leaving this Sam alone.

Thanks for posting :)
bally2cute chapter 8 . 11/23/2006
I am reveling in your Dean's Dean-ness and man-ness. There is something just so enjoyable about reading this. I think it's the vocabulary, the pace, the...I don't know, I just think your style is excellent. I was feeling good reading this chapter in the beginning. I mean, I laughed, I just enjoyed it. But when the boys got trapped...I feel so bad for this Sam. He is just so unlike Sam (except for the smarts), that you know he missed growing up with Dean. I just don't know how things are going to go down when Dean leaves. I feel bad for Dean in that respect. Like he said, this isn't his Sam, but it is Sam, and he knows what could happen to this Sam when Dean is gone. This Sam has grown on me, and...I don't know. Excellent, excellent story!
PissedOffEskimo chapter 8 . 11/23/2006
So, I ate so much turkey I feel sick (which really isn't that much for me, actually), I've got a headache because I can't manage to sleep off the tryptophen and the live-in is playing Saint's Row, blasting rap music (which I can't stand) loudly, but I'm happy, because you updated. Thank you so much for making my Thursday enjoyable. You get all the hugs today - happy Thanksgiving!
Jennygeee chapter 7 . 11/21/2006
Looking forward to the next chapter! Good story.
SilverKitsune1 chapter 7 . 11/18/2006
Oh you your twisty heart wrenching plot twists! I never see them coming. I have to say that I can't get over Dean. To him, this is still Sam, even if he is broken. And he's going to bring him with when he goes back? Two Sam's to watch? Dear Lord, he's got his work cut out for him.

Poor broken Sam can just see the big brother he missed out on and he is convinced Dean will be leaving him like everyone else.

Fantastic chapter.
Liz Bach chapter 7 . 11/16/2006
OMG, I could kiss you. I love this Sam more with every chapter, and I love Dean for not being able to help but love him, too. I said it before, but it bears repeating: I really like the stream of consciousness style of writing you employ. I think you really "get" Dean. Can't wait to read more! :)

Liz