Reviews for But for the Grace
SunnyZim chapter 13 . 11/20/2010
I cannot tell you how much I LOVED this story! Such a unique idea and so grippingly written. It is not often that I come across a fanfic that I literally can't stop reading and this was one of those. I loved the idea that Dean is what was protecting Sam all along and that a Sam without Dean ends up pretty messed up. I loved how Dean helped to fix Sam and get him back on the straight and narrow again and I loved seeing their growing relationship and the differences between Dean's Sam and AU Sam. And I loved how you fixed both Sams in the end - and how even AU Sam did end up with a family and a purpose and a hope in the world. Thank-you for this fabulous story. I heart it times a million:-)
Scoop-K chapter 13 . 7/30/2010
This was an excellent read. I really felt for Dean's dilemma, unsure what I would do in a similar situation - how can you choose between two of the same person that you love? I'm looking forward to perusing the rest of your fic :)
Lisa O'Brien chapter 13 . 6/14/2010
Really great story. An alternate reality story is tricky, but you handled all of it well. Is there a sequel?
whereinthewrld chapter 13 . 10/4/2009
Great story, and it's extremely well written too.
asdfjkl chapter 13 . 8/26/2009
sequel? please? xD
Marlowe97 chapter 13 . 8/3/2009
Ow, that was sweet! Such a brilliant, whitty, funny and scarily terrifficly suspenseful fic - I loved it very, VERY much. The Dean-thoughts in brackets had me smiling and giggling, sometimes even laughing, and you managed to create an AU without it BEING one - and yet never crossing to sheer comidy or cliché.

Very well done, thanks for sharing

MArlowe
starzstruck-1 chapter 13 . 7/19/2009
This story was fantastic, and I loved every bit of it. I can only think of one thing that disappointed me; how could you end it without Dean actually being reunited with HIS car? lol
Von chapter 13 . 9/25/2008
Fantastic story. I loved how you distinguished different-Sam from prior-Sam.

The insinuation (or my own interpretation) of Dean and how his essence not only remained with Sam but - in some ways - affected him was some comfort when physical-Dean went home.

Really spectacular.
Gemstone chapter 13 . 6/16/2008
Absa-bloody-lutely awesome!
empath89 chapter 13 . 5/3/2008
I really liked this. It was very well-written and the plot was great. I'm really happy that you had Pastor Jim helping them here and I'm glad that you ended the fic with the 'other' Sam.

hugs...empath
Shire cat chapter 5 . 2/26/2008
"Whenever Sam was gone, usually for twenty minutes or so, Dean would keep a close eye on the laptop. He had developed a pure faith in the idea that Sam wouldn’t leave for good without the computer, which really was totally irrational, because Sam had so far shown hardly any attachment to it and the stupid manbag hadn’t made a single appearance. But love between a man and his laptop didn’t require the intercession of a manbag, right? Otherwise, how did people get along before manbags were invented? Unless they were invented before laptops. Maybe the whole question required some further research."

That whole paragraph was just so perfectly Dean.
PADavis chapter 13 . 1/29/2008
Good god. Read this in practically one sitting. Its stunning. Beautifully manic. Awful and compelling and funny and tragic - I cannot believe it took me this long to find your work. Dean's mental commentary is so spot on. Putting this right on my favorites.

I just checked LJ and man - not sure if I should go there first but will try to hold off (an angst-o-meter for $&%%(#% sake?) and read your earlier work here on

Your new fangirl,

Phoebe
kuhekabir chapter 13 . 11/30/2007
I enjoyed your story. Thanks for sharing :)
Anime's-mistress chapter 13 . 8/14/2007
Great story. I love the whole alternate reality idea, it's not done enough in my opinion. Anyway, you did an awesome job and thanks for the epilogue. C:
Puppete chapter 13 . 8/6/2007
I just finished reading your whole story and it's just. really. really. REALLY freakin' awesome.

really. You should get an award or something.

Yeah.