Reviews for But for the Grace
Sphinxius chapter 13 . 3/18/2014
Holy freaking Lord this story was amazing. Yes I know it was posted a lightyear ago or something, but that doesn't make it any less deserving of some praise, right? ' cause seriously, this is like the best damn story I've read in quite a while. Thanks for writing, thanks for sharing, w00t.
Guest chapter 13 . 11/17/2013
One of the best fics I've read In a long time.
Crystia chapter 13 . 7/28/2013
Hey, this was a fun fic! I like the idea, and alternaSam was an interesting perspective of Dean's influence on his brother. Cool! :D

Umm, for concrit, I think many "freakin", "pretty much", and "goddamn" are unnecessary. You use them frequently, and a lot of sentences would be just fine without them, especially in the earlier chapters.

Thanks for posting! I loved how alternaSam pulled it together in the end. Although at the same time, it's a bittersweet ending, since he'll never see Dean again...Uwahhh...
Neosatsuma chapter 13 . 11/24/2012
I just read this pretty much nonstop over the last couple days, and it is AMAZING. Some of the mystery was... well, not mysterious for me from the very beginning because the title made me instantly think that it had to do with an alternate reality because of Stargate, but it was still fun watching Dean figure it out, and gosh, I wasn't sure I was ever going to be able to like alternate!Sam but I sure got attached to him by the end. You did a super-fantastic job developing the relationship between the boys, and I think that scene in the vault is one of my favorite ever in the history of all the fanfics I've read. And the stream of consciousness thing from Dean is hilarious. And the "Bitch," "Jerk," exchange? I knew it was coming, or I hoped it was, but man, I was grinning like an idiot when I read it and I think my heart almost exploded. I LOVE that Sam caught on without even having to be told, unlike the Sam from the Djin episode; and as burstingly happy as it made me, it also made it just a little bit sadder that Dean had to go, because when Sam said, "Jerk," it was like... like he was right, finally, the way he was supposed to be, and then it was time to say goodbye.
I think if I had to voice one thing I didn't like about this story, it would be the language. I get it when it's in Dean's head, and I think it really does help get across what's going on in there, but both Sam and Dean are a lot more colorful out loud in the story than they are on the show. Granted, that's probably closer to what they would sound like if they were real people and not written for television. Was that the point?
Anyway, fantastic job, AWESOME plot, and, you know, pretty much spectacular everything else. I found your LJ in order to scour it for more brilliant stories, but it seems to be mostly in another language, so either I found the wrong person or I'm just gonna have some figuring out to do. Can't wait to read more of your stuff, either way!
thesunwillshineclear chapter 13 . 11/6/2012
I just realized the story I'd been reading non stop was written almost six years ago now. Woah. And I did spend almost my entire lazy day reading this. I don't normally do that but this was the fantastic exception. Your stream of conciousness thing you had going with Dean was probably my favorite part :) Your writing is fantastic, I'll definitely be checking out your other stories ;)
Viviane Renard chapter 13 . 10/13/2012
Amazing story! You've gotten Dean's voice down perfectly. My only constructive criticism is that sometimes I felt you went overboard with the parenthesis, and some of the paragraphs were a bit bulky. It would've been easier to focus on the main points if they had been cut into two. Otherwise, I loved the plot, I loved the conversations, and I loved your characterizations. I'm happy to see that while the Winchesters will never have a "happily ever after," both Sams are doing better than they were before. The Epilogue was a nice way of wrapping up Alternative Universe Sam's end.

It was a delight to read this story. It was well-written, had some fun vocabulary, and more sayings and American pop culture references than even I knew (example: I learned that "not by a long chalk" is like saying "not by a long shot"). Thank you for sharing such a fantastic story.
LadyBeryl chapter 13 . 6/19/2012
Amazing.
Arilaen chapter 13 . 11/24/2010
That was... phenomenal. I LOVED Dean's voice and all of the jokes. And I love how Sam is different, not perfect - but not completely gone either, and how the interactions between Sam and Dean and Sam's transformation are portrayed so realistically. Just... LOVE IT. One of the best supernatural fics I've read.
SunnyZim chapter 13 . 11/20/2010
I cannot tell you how much I LOVED this story! Such a unique idea and so grippingly written. It is not often that I come across a fanfic that I literally can't stop reading and this was one of those. I loved the idea that Dean is what was protecting Sam all along and that a Sam without Dean ends up pretty messed up. I loved how Dean helped to fix Sam and get him back on the straight and narrow again and I loved seeing their growing relationship and the differences between Dean's Sam and AU Sam. And I loved how you fixed both Sams in the end - and how even AU Sam did end up with a family and a purpose and a hope in the world. Thank-you for this fabulous story. I heart it times a million:-)
Scoop-K chapter 13 . 7/30/2010
This was an excellent read. I really felt for Dean's dilemma, unsure what I would do in a similar situation - how can you choose between two of the same person that you love? I'm looking forward to perusing the rest of your fic :)
Lisa O'Brien chapter 13 . 6/14/2010
Really great story. An alternate reality story is tricky, but you handled all of it well. Is there a sequel?
whereinthewrld chapter 13 . 10/4/2009
Great story, and it's extremely well written too.
asdfjkl chapter 13 . 8/26/2009
sequel? please? xD
Marlowe97 chapter 13 . 8/3/2009
Ow, that was sweet! Such a brilliant, whitty, funny and scarily terrifficly suspenseful fic - I loved it very, VERY much. The Dean-thoughts in brackets had me smiling and giggling, sometimes even laughing, and you managed to create an AU without it BEING one - and yet never crossing to sheer comidy or cliché.

Very well done, thanks for sharing

MArlowe
starzstruck-1 chapter 13 . 7/19/2009
This story was fantastic, and I loved every bit of it. I can only think of one thing that disappointed me; how could you end it without Dean actually being reunited with HIS car? lol
276 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »