Reviews for The Man With The Rifle
Questfan chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
If I could send you some kind of award I think I would. You always manage to capture the heart of their relationship so well. I love the way you wrote Hutch's memories of his grandfather. What a lovely tribute to a man he adored. The wrap up with Starsky trying to pull him out of his self doubt and guilt was fabulous. Love the way he re-established their mutual trust because they don't have anything if they don't have that. You rock!
Shawne 'til dawn chapter 1 . 10/22/2006
Hey sweet Karen,

What a great story . .. you capture Hutch when you write . . his guilt, his remorse, the way he tears himself up over his mistakes. I like the part where Starsky says, "Stop picking on my partner. Partner." That was too cute and very accurate said on Starsky's part. Here's my favorite part of this story though:

"Look, Hutch, don't argue with me. You've saved my life more times than I care to count. You took care of me. Got me help. You always have my back. Just like I have yours."

Me and thee in a nutshell . .. well done again my friend.

Much love and aloha, Shawne
Elivalero chapter 1 . 10/17/2006
What a gripping story! finally I had a while to read it, and it had me glued to the screen from the very beginning!

Poor guys! Maybe they should give up the camping for good!*G*
Starsky's Strut chapter 1 . 10/14/2006
Hi Karen,

Now I know I reviewed this story - but for some reason it didn’t seem to take. Okay, I agree with Jan, very timely issue with respect to gun safety. So not only does your story have banter and hurt/comfort, it also has a moral to the story. Awesome idea! Oh, and I’m with Starsky, I don’t like spiders on me either! *Shiver*

Favorite line-

Starsky to Hutch: "Look, do me a favor, Hutch. Next time you decide to shoot me, think you could use a squirt gun?”

*LOL!*

Thanks for sharing this cool tale with us,

Strut
LovinFace chapter 1 . 10/13/2006
Hi Karen. This is a great story, with a little bit of everything in the mix. Banter, h/c, angst. My favorite line "I don't concentrate on his death. I concentrate on his life. Good times. You know?"

Thanks for sharing!

LF
Jan in VA chapter 1 . 10/13/2006
Hi!

Thanks so much for writing this...it is a good reminder about hunting/outdoor/gun safety especially now that hunting season is upon us!

Good job...and a good warning.

Type to you later! God Bless!

Jan in VA