Reviews for Almost Honest
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 1 . 8/31/2008
A great story. I liked the part where Speed wrote the letter to Calleigh.
Space-Case7029 chapter 1 . 8/21/2007
Good story. Enjoyed it.
csimiamifreako chapter 1 . 8/6/2007
AWW, SAD STORY, I WISH HE COULD HAVE JUST SAID THOSE THREE WORDS TO HER BEFORE HE 'DIED'. I SAW THE SEQUEL UP SO IM GONNA GO READ IT RIGHT NOW! HOPE IT HAS A BIT MORE CALLIEGH POV THIS TIME.
Lerrinus chapter 1 . 12/7/2006
Great work! The title reminds me of the song Almost Honest from the Mortal Kombat CD. Can't remember who it's by off the top of my head, though. Oh well, nice story! :-)
SincerelyInDenial chapter 1 . 11/1/2006
You just went and broke my heart. What a lovely story though with a great twist... I like to believe Speed's alive and well hiding too.
speedfanatic05 chapter 1 . 10/15/2006
Hands down, this beats him dying, but at the same time, my heart aches for him. If only he could've gotten up the nerve to actually tell her,...but if he did , what kind of predictament would he had found himself in? The one thing that got me was the moment he threw the letter into the fire. Now, that got to me. Such a bittersweet moment, he pours his heart out and then burns it. This was a great story! Fantastic job!
DancingDaisy chapter 1 . 10/14/2006
I loved this story! Its a very creative take on Speed's "death." Gives me hope that its true on the show. lol Maybe we should forward this to the writers on the show so they'll get the hint? ;)
randomwriting chapter 1 . 10/13/2006
I find myself at a loss, trying to find just the right words to express my thoughts regarding this story. So these will have to do... Simple. Pure. Bittersweet. Lovely. Beautifully excuted. And, so very Tim. Something to read again & again.

I love this line, "After all, he'd never really been good at sugarcoated beginnings."

Really, a perfect story. Maybe those are the words I was looking for!
Beaglicious chapter 1 . 10/13/2006
Girl, that just flat out broke my heart! Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. Nice twist on the post-fic for Dispo Day. Of course, it is my not so secret desire that this is what actually happened to Speed and one day he'll show back up...**sigh** Anyways, the whole bit was lovely. I especially loved the beginning, about Tim not being a letter person and how Calleigh had changed him. That was just wonderful! Definitely going on the faves. And I know this probably drives you crazy (b/c I know it does me), but I have to ask anyway...is there any possibility of a follow-up? If not, this is fine all on its own!
bookwrangler chapter 1 . 10/13/2006
Gret twist. Totally believable. You also did a good job conveying the emotions. I hope to see more from you soon. Thank you.