Reviews for Truth, Trust and Heartache
rozzy07 chapter 1 . 10/15/2006
Loved that you could take onboard both brothers pain and let it express itself across the pain. Not one sided but very perceptive view point of what was going on in the brothers head, and the hurt they bothheld, and yes, that fojlowed afterwards. Great oneshot, hoping for more to come. Please.
Dawn Vesper chapter 1 . 10/15/2006
love it!

thanks

vesper
anon chapter 1 . 10/15/2006
People deal with things differently, especially grief. Dean didn't treat Sam like crap that episode. He just didn't have the strength to baby his spoiled butt anymore. He treated him like a man. For the first time in 23 years. A man pays the price for his actions and words and choices and does not need to be coddled 24/7. A man can handle the truth and needs to hear it and deal with it to be a strong man. A man also knows if he tries to push someone to feel just cause he wants them to before they are ready, he may not like what he sees when he pushes down those walls, but once he does, he's stuck with whatever's back there. Want to be treated like a man "Sam, not Sammy," there you go. That's what this episode was about. If they are going to function as a true team it's time for both of them to grow up and out of their childhood roles. Not little brother/big brother but brothers, equals, jabs and all. They are men, both of them, strong ones at that, but if they don't fix some stuff they are going to protect each other to death inside and out destroying their relationships and themselves. Change, it can be painful but it's a good thing.
Colleen chapter 1 . 10/14/2006
This was really well done! It brought me to tears, the pain and guilt Sam feels is heartbreaking...

and i am so with you...Dean has been treating Sam like *T
Belline chapter 1 . 10/14/2006
Did-did you just call the Impala a 'decrepit piece of junk'? Lol omfg I can't believe you said that, considering that car's almost as popular as the actors themselves!

Still reeling from John's death, obviously, and so'm I! I just started to seriously like the guy and he gets offed :( Damn. I felt sorry for Sam in 'Everybody Loves A Clown' too. The end where he confronts Dean almost had me in tears. Seriously, I wanted to give him a hug! Or failing that, for *Dean* to give the poor guy a hug. So sad.

Oh, and I liked in your fic where Sam goes on a cleaning-fit. Like he tried to distract himself or he might break down or something. Not sure that's how you meant it, but that was my impression. :)
Julie chapter 1 . 10/14/2006
Aw, that was so cute. You're a really good writer. : )
Moonfairyhime chapter 1 . 10/14/2006
Bravo! Very nice look at their relationship.
moira369 chapter 1 . 10/14/2006
Well, I love Sammy angst, so I enjoyed reading this story. However, I couldn't quite believe that Bobby would be showering the boys with relationship advice-he strikes me as the sort of person who would be much more understated, even if he was concerned about them. For instance, when he was discussing the Impala with Sam during IMTOD, he clearly understood Sam's "Imapala DEAN!" reaction and sympathized, but he didn't outright *say* so.
friendly chapter 1 . 10/14/2006
that was really good. I think you should keep going with it..
daisymaygirl1 chapter 1 . 10/14/2006
Wonderful tag to ELAC. Yeah, Dean is hurting like hell but so is Sammy and he got nothing from his brother apart from those cruel words. It would have been good to see a bit more of Bobby in that episode, to see his reactions to Dean's behaviour and both boys turmoil.

Poor Sammy.

And more would be good. :-)
Dollar Short chapter 1 . 10/14/2006
Great stuff. The focus does seem to be on Dean's grief. I like that your story redresses the balance.
KatieLB chapter 1 . 10/13/2006
really really good little addition... i agree that sam wasnt just sitting around picking ass... i really like the way you have both boys written and I like your bobby too... good job... you know you could alwasy add to this LOL
Liz Bach chapter 1 . 10/13/2006
Oh, thank you for this. You're not the only one who, while I can understand Dean's going through a lot, feels like Sam reaped way worse than he'd sown in that episode. Poor Sam! You did a great job with this little scene.

Liz