Reviews for The Promise
Alayne Gelfand chapter 3 . 1/6
This was gorgeous. Just beautifully written. The emotion was so vivid, the suspense tangible and nearly unbearable. I especially like your version of John, giving him the credit for being a loving father that so few fans do in their fiction. Thanks for a great read!
angels838 chapter 1 . 10/12/2021
I’ve been thinking about this story for years and I finally went searching. I loved it the first time and it still holds true now.
ManicTater chapter 3 . 5/16/2020
Wow. That was amazing!
Guest chapter 3 . 5/22/2018
This was an amazing, heart-renching story. I had tears, feels and was anxious to see what would happen. Thank you for this even though it put me through the ringer it was worth the read. Very well written and the unknown at every turn. Keep up the good work.
Ya Nefer Ma'at chapter 3 . 3/13/2018
Powerful story, with an excellent examination of the dynamics within the Winchesters and with Bobby. Great job! I especially like your portrayal of John. Thnaks for sharing.
Guest chapter 3 . 1/10/2018
Simply wow! Can't express how much this touched me. Really couldn't stop reading. Wonderful work! Thank you so much for your work and sharing this with us!
Merrily-Macabre chapter 3 . 7/26/2017
Oh my god, this story is gorgeous. It's so well written. I cried through so much of it! Really from the rescue until "The End." Truly amazing. Vivid imagery had me smelling their surroundings no matter where they were, and seeing what they were seeing. Their resulting mental health issues (which, frankly, probably started before the whole ordeal) were dealt with so gracefully. And we saw John become such a better father. So much more patient, communicating with his boys, and actually listening, and not leaving their side unless he had to. Their near-death scared him enough to take a break and it looks as though the break may be extended (a golden retriever isn't exactly a dog to take hunting with them - maybe a German shepherd, but not a ditzy golden retriever lol). This has been such a great afternoon of reading. Thank you!
Shouyou chapter 3 . 12/30/2016
I keep coming back to read this story bout once a year since you finished it, and it's still just as good as the first time. Thanks for the reads.
Morgan Pen chapter 3 . 9/17/2016
At first, I hesitated at the start of the story, but kept it in my tabs to come back to.

So worth it. All the emotions I felt with the characters, the way that the family worked together. Thank you for a lovely and touching story.
Samsteward22 chapter 3 . 8/26/2016
Aww this was a sad and happy story. Very good
CassiWinchester chapter 3 . 5/9/2016
Amazing, beautiful, and just well written overall. I am SO sharing this EVERYWHERE I CAN
Phantompoet chapter 3 . 3/22/2016
I never thought I would read a Wincest I loved more than The Last Outpost of All That Is by gekizetsu but... you proved me wrong.. Thank you for such a well written story.. I was an ugly crying sniveling mess at several points and it hurt so good by the end that I immediately went back to the beginning and read it through again... it was a Friday night... (don't judge me lol)... but seriously, this was so well written, I was in the moment with them and it hurt my soul... tore it apart and stitching it back up along with them.. just... wow.
Eden Areru chapter 3 . 2/3/2016
I am in awe. This is a most beautiful creation, thank you for sharing!
Guest chapter 3 . 12/22/2015
This is a beautifully written fic. I love it so much! Thanks for sharing it. :)
hiddlesass chapter 3 . 9/23/2015
First of all, this is one of my first and favorite Wincest fics, and I love it so much I've read it several times now. :) Second, I just wanted to mention that it would probably take more like 40-60 days for Sam and Dean to be dying of starvation, especially if they were healthy and had a little food and a steady source of water.
I really love that John was so accepting of Sam and Dean's closeness. I feel like a lot of fics paint him as a terrible, abusive person who cares of nothing bit revenge. I like that you were able to show how much he loves Sam and Dean while also including the conflicts between John and Sam, as well as how that affects Dean.
Just my 2 pennies. :)