Reviews for The Promise
Merrily-Macabre chapter 3 . 7/26
Oh my god, this story is gorgeous. It's so well written. I cried through so much of it! Really from the rescue until "The End." Truly amazing. Vivid imagery had me smelling their surroundings no matter where they were, and seeing what they were seeing. Their resulting mental health issues (which, frankly, probably started before the whole ordeal) were dealt with so gracefully. And we saw John become such a better father. So much more patient, communicating with his boys, and actually listening, and not leaving their side unless he had to. Their near-death scared him enough to take a break and it looks as though the break may be extended (a golden retriever isn't exactly a dog to take hunting with them - maybe a German shepherd, but not a ditzy golden retriever lol). This has been such a great afternoon of reading. Thank you!
Shouyou chapter 3 . 12/30/2016
I keep coming back to read this story bout once a year since you finished it, and it's still just as good as the first time. Thanks for the reads.
Morgan Pen chapter 3 . 9/17/2016
At first, I hesitated at the start of the story, but kept it in my tabs to come back to.

So worth it. All the emotions I felt with the characters, the way that the family worked together. Thank you for a lovely and touching story.
Samsteward22 chapter 3 . 8/26/2016
Aww this was a sad and happy story. Very good
CassiWinchester chapter 3 . 5/9/2016
Amazing, beautiful, and just well written overall. I am SO sharing this EVERYWHERE I CAN
Phantompoet chapter 3 . 3/22/2016
I never thought I would read a Wincest I loved more than The Last Outpost of All That Is by gekizetsu but... you proved me wrong.. Thank you for such a well written story.. I was an ugly crying sniveling mess at several points and it hurt so good by the end that I immediately went back to the beginning and read it through again... it was a Friday night... (don't judge me lol)... but seriously, this was so well written, I was in the moment with them and it hurt my soul... tore it apart and stitching it back up along with them.. just... wow.
Eden Areru chapter 3 . 2/3/2016
I am in awe. This is a most beautiful creation, thank you for sharing!
Guest chapter 3 . 12/22/2015
This is a beautifully written fic. I love it so much! Thanks for sharing it. :)
hiddlesass chapter 3 . 9/23/2015
First of all, this is one of my first and favorite Wincest fics, and I love it so much I've read it several times now. :) Second, I just wanted to mention that it would probably take more like 40-60 days for Sam and Dean to be dying of starvation, especially if they were healthy and had a little food and a steady source of water.
I really love that John was so accepting of Sam and Dean's closeness. I feel like a lot of fics paint him as a terrible, abusive person who cares of nothing bit revenge. I like that you were able to show how much he loves Sam and Dean while also including the conflicts between John and Sam, as well as how that affects Dean.
Just my 2 pennies. :)
bleeb90 chapter 3 . 9/13/2015
I loved it!
Yukino-chan chapter 3 . 6/28/2015
It's great!
goddessoftheexotic chapter 3 . 6/24/2015
Amazing. I could say so much more, but amazing sums it up perfectly :)
Charismatic Mouse chapter 3 . 5/26/2015
WOW! What a great read! Thanks!
MiNiGiIOI chapter 3 . 5/17/2015
Well I did it. I finished it in one night. It took like 3 hours, start to finish. I took a couple (somewhat lengthy) emotional breaks for small emotional breakdowns. I loved it. X) I'm masochistic like that what can I say. Beautifully written. You even made it so I could set aside my hate for john and my hand's rage/disgust shivers that occurred apon reading his name as his POV was introduced. The whole first chapter I couldn't tell if I was more distressed or aroused so that was an interesting combination. Your "666" page breaks had me snickering (for asorted, obvious reasons and also because there is a beautiful YouTube video you should watch - but it's unavailable on mobile ): - of the song My Name Is Satan with clips of Lucifer from the show, the ending is the comedian who sings it cheerfully exclaiming "666!") And your story was moving, depressing, (sexy) and heart warming/destroying and is definitely one of my favourite fanfictions I have read, and I have read... Too many X)
Thank you for taking the time to create this and share it with the online community, it was a work of art :)
RiverSongTam chapter 3 . 4/30/2015
Oh. My. God! This goes on the list of most beautiful/feelsiest things I have read in quite some time. Thank you for writing! Rest assured, you have reduced me to an emotional wreck! :P