Reviews for The Promise
SivanShemesh chapter 1 . 10/19/2006
Oh my!

I love what i read, thank you for writing it, each chapter.

I couldn't stop reading it, and you write so good.

Sivan Shemesh
LettyLiz chapter 3 . 10/19/2006
WOW! What a great story. I was teary eye though out the whole first chapter and half way though the second. I really thought they were going to die there and I got the chills and started shaking. I actually clapped when they got rescued. And the slow recovering they did. And the way Dean needed Sam to take care of him I absolutely loved it. And the way they took comfort in each other and kept taking comfort with each other was incredible. You really are a great writer. I was very impress with this story. Not alot of stories can make me cry but this one did. I look forward to reading more of your stories. Keep up the good work.
LoneTread chapter 3 . 10/17/2006
Wow. Normally I'm not a big fan of Wincest, but I started reading this because it wasn't warned as such, and before I realized it for what it was, I was hooked. It still isn't my cup of tea, but I absolutely loved this story anyway. Achieving that's an impressive accomplishment. (Actually, one of my favorite things about it ended up being how *sensible* the Wincest seemed. The other stories I've come across, I've just been like "This is too weird; this wouldn't happen", but you made it believable. I remain in awe.)

Also, nice job making John more human. If I read enough stories like this, I may just start hating him a little less. :) All in all, this was fantastic. And so adorable, with that puppy and everything.

(On a side note, have you ever heard the song "I Will Follow You Into the Dark"? Very similar to much of this story in the best way possible, and I highly recommend it if you haven't.)
BlazeorFade chapter 3 . 10/16/2006
I love all your stories but I thinthis is now my favorite. The way you dealt with the PTSD was vey realistic and I really liked your portrayal of John here. Wonderful job.
FlayingFoxFire chapter 3 . 10/16/2006
Aw! So sad yet so good. Thanks for taking time to write this story for us lowly humans. Lol
pandora jazz chapter 3 . 10/16/2006
I stumbled across your story. Not usually in this area, but following a story by another author.

I wanted to thank you for your excellent story, it was well written.

You did such a good job of writing the brothers. The terror at being held captive and knowing they were going to die. The comfort that the brothers found with each other was written so we could understand why.

When they made the promise that they would "go to together", it was heartwrenching.

Then when the brothers were in the hospital and Sam needed to see Dean to tell him that he hadn't left him, well done.

You did an excellent job with writing the brothers while they held on trying to survive, to when they were rescued and dealt with being alive, knowing the other siblings had died.

I liked how you wrote John, you could feel his worry over his sons and how grateful he was that they were back with him.

It was a wonderful ending with the appearance by Bobby and the arrival of the puppy for Sam.

I don't mind long chapters and appreciate that you finished your story in a couple of days. Thank you. :)

Thanks for sharing your story with us and take care.
BlazeorFade chapter 2 . 10/16/2006
Oh, you're breaking my heart with this story. Its amazing.
Lady Ophelia chapter 3 . 10/16/2006
You know, I loved the whole story. It was so dark and believable and Sam wasn't talking and the nurses found him books and it was Dean having the nightmares and through all that, ALL of that, I managed not to cry.

So you threw in a puppy. A god damned puppy in the last few paragraphs and now I'm weeping all over my keyboard. Thanks so much for that.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to wash the tears off my face and play with my puppy. I need it after all this. Keep up the good work.
papered chapter 3 . 10/15/2006
Absolutely gorgeous.
H.T.Marie chapter 3 . 10/15/2006
Gah! I'm all teary-eyed now. I tried like crazy to read this on LJ this morning before it was posted here, but you and your darned novel-length, uber satisfying chapters, meant I had to go the whole day wondering what would happen next. Ah! Loved this, BTW. I too, wondered about the fact that sexual relationships that start under intense circumstances generally fizzle out. I hope that's not the case, although, I 'm not fond of underage Wincest in general, just because I know that Sam leaves, and the sexual relationship makes that just so much harder for me to take.

Oh, and Bobby...my favorite SN extra. Can't complain about a story that has him in it. Also, I was thinking I wouldn't mind reading a short oneshot type story, John's POV of the time the boys were missing, when all the friends were coming out of the woodwork. Yup, methinks I'd like that.

Oh, and the thing in the second part, where they did an ultrasound of Dean's kidneys reminded me of a plot bunny I had after reading Old Ghosts, cuz like, you left that one without anyone but the knowing they were brothers. I was thinking what if Dean had some long-term complications from his malnutrition and pneumonia that kept him in teh hospital while Sam got adopted. Maybe he only has one working kidney, and if that one goes out...hm, full sibs are always teh best organ donors. LOL. God, I'm sick. I actually thought of that weeks ago, but I didn't think to tell you until now. K, your stories. I'll try to stop rewriting 'em in my head. Just gimme more please. I am so heading over to LJ to friend you.

HT
Spooky-Girl chapter 3 . 10/15/2006
*whistles*

Wow... slash usually isn't my cuppa tea, but this was just so well done. The whole story was amazing, and well written and horrfying and joyous! I loved the horror of them being locked away, almost dying, and the rescue and the long standing problems, and seeing John be more of a father than a fighter. And the puppy... awesome ending. Just, awesome in general.
Jellicle chapter 3 . 10/15/2006
AH!

Damn woman, I love you!

I knew I wouldn't regret reading this.

More on lj. :)
Antigone11 chapter 3 . 10/15/2006
Lovely, lovely story. Not that I would have actually wished something like this on the boys, but I am glad to see John shocked out of his revenge obsession and paying attention to what his children need from him. I also think John was pretty clever with the puppy because it gives Sam and Dean something to take care of that isn't each other. It's a pretty good plan to ease the way to the less intense relationship I'm sure John is hoping for.

I'm definitely looking forward to more stories from you. You do such a good job weaving in exciting story elements with real drama and great insight into the characters.
L'insomnie des etoiles chapter 3 . 10/15/2006
I love your story; thanks for sharing!
nicky69 chapter 3 . 10/15/2006
What a wonderful story, thank you so much for sharing it with us.

From the first horrifying moments of Dean and Sam's imprisonment, to the tender, hopeful ending, you had me entranced.

This truly was a tale of the resilency of the human heart and soul; I loved every minute.

Great job!