Reviews for The Promise
PshhAnonymous chapter 3 . 6/11/2014
This story was quite interesting, the different way in which you lined up the relationships. I really liked it along with the plot development, good job as always! -Dawn
CastleQuill chapter 3 . 6/6/2014
Really great story! God, you had me absolutely terrified for a while, I honestly thought Dean was going to die! Thanks for not killing him - my heart couldn't have taken that. And I love the ending!
Anonymous chapter 3 . 5/16/2014
Amazing! Great story, best fanfic ever.
Audrey Noxy chapter 3 . 3/30/2014
I really like this story. To read about how they fought for survival when they were young made it really good. Great job...have you ever thought about doing a sequel for when there older? Like years this happened?
samisnotevil chapter 3 . 2/7/2014
What a wonderful fic. Perfect ending. Thanks for writing.
BelovedShadow chapter 3 . 1/21/2014
Oh my god this is perfect. I loved every single bit of it. I don't know what touched me more, John being the father that, as viewers, we've always wanted him to be - or the truth and touching aspects of Sam and Dean's relationship. I felt every moment deep in my soul as I read, and I'm sure that this fic will be haunting me for days to come. Which is a good thing, by the way, and a testament to your brilliance as a writer. Thank you so very much for sharing your words.
eric684 chapter 3 . 12/31/2013
Wow, Gillian, this is good storytelling! I would pay to read more stories you write.
Guest chapter 3 . 12/16/2013
Great story:-)
JaniceC678 chapter 2 . 12/15/2013
I had to come back and post some more in a previous chapter. I don't even know if you're still CHECKING reviews on a story that's 7 years old, but even when I was out running errands this afternoon, this stuck with me. Every now and then you come across a story that just stays with you emotionally for a long time, and this is one of those for me. Just the quiet desperation the boys must have felt when they realized and accepted that they were probably going to die there and Dean's sorrow that his brother would never have the chance to grow up and Sam just waiting for Dean to go first before following him...and the love and comfort they found in each other even in the face of that desperation. It was so powerful and so emotional.

And John was great - knowing, or at least suspecting, but just being grateful that they had each other to draw strength from...just...perfect.
JaniceC678 chapter 3 . 12/15/2013
What a wonderful, emotional, heart-wrenching, but ultimately warm and beautiful story! You capture the various emotions SOO well, and so believably throughout the whole thing. LOVED it.
Miniama chapter 3 . 12/10/2013
Oh. Dear. God. I cried while I was reading. All long. Litteraly. I'm not usually that kind of sensitive girl but you've gotta admitt, this fanfiction is just... whoa
Thank you so much for that piece of art you've wrote
HappiestClam chapter 3 . 12/5/2013
This story was amazing! Thank you so much for writing it :)
Infernal Rose chapter 3 . 11/1/2013
I love this story very much. You're an awesome writer.
toboldlyfangirl chapter 1 . 10/28/2013
that was so sad. those poor boys... beautifully written, had me close to crying.
Glynna chapter 3 . 10/26/2013
So wow, this was just insane. It feels so real, I feel so woven in with their trauma and desperate hope. Your line 'Life doesn't care about our promises, it just happens', stole my breath away. You have some amazing writing skills.
185 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »