Reviews for The Promise
Deaths.Last.Prayer chapter 3 . 5/22/2012
I love you for this! This story was deep and incredibly written and you made me fall in love with the characters! Thank you for this. I wish there was more.
BlackBeautyQueen33 chapter 3 . 5/3/2012
This was so beautiful I actually liked John in this.
Sofia Razvi chapter 3 . 4/10/2012
You write so brilliantly that you along with Candle Beck kind of inspired me to write. The story is heartbreakingly beautiful. i actually cried like a baby after reading it. and of course, i have to mention the fact that it effectively ruined one of the most important exams of my life as i spent an hour reading it and another two crying over it the day before the exam. Tell me you've thought about writing real novels.
Reinamy chapter 3 . 3/19/2012
This was such an enjoyable story. When I realized that you (who I kind of adore for your HP fic) also wrote SPN fic I became so unbelievably excited. You did not disappoint. "The Promise" was nicely written and very entertaining. I enjoyed reading it so much.

Thanks for sharing it with us!

*rushes off to read other SPN fic*
amy conner chapter 3 . 3/4/2012
This is so good. The tv series could have had this story line (heeeeee if they allowed a bit of wincest :D).

Please do keep writing. How about a sequel ?
SuperPenguinLovesHerEdog chapter 3 . 2/3/2012
Loved your story. Thanks for writing. I very nearly started a mob with pitchforks and torches when i thought you were killing them that first chapter. I was going to strangle you if you killed them like that. They're Winchesters they dont die like that. Thank you for not killing them by the way.~
mwofford chapter 3 . 2/1/2012
Really Good!
SoulofChibs chapter 3 . 9/16/2011
Yeah this whole story made me cry. WOW! And I love the happy ending!
SoulofChibs chapter 1 . 9/16/2011
Are you sick of me yet, this story is making me cry. Its four am I have been reading every supernatural story you wrote and I am crying, chapter one of this one.

I love it. Of course.
tk-fan-4ever chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
That was wonderful terrible i almost started crying towards the ending.'( Ur an amazing writerp
SpN-LoVe chapter 3 . 8/3/2011
Beautiful story with an equally amazing ending *_*
MissApple55 chapter 3 . 7/21/2011
This was an emotional roller-coaster.
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 3 . 6/8/2011
Great story, very, very well done!
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
Great chapter! Love it!
MissPoke chapter 3 . 6/4/2011
Amazingly written. Terrifyingly honest, and completely captivating, this is a clear and unedited view of human nature, and how we react under extreme situations. I'm glad you didn't just leave it at the rescue, because you obviously know that making it out alive is only half the battle.

I know we didn't see much of him, but I also liked your villain. Nothing supernatural, no rhyme or reason to it, just a crazy guy. I think that grounded the story, because it made it more real. The bad guy being a regular human made me take things a little more seriously, because it wasn't two hunters in training up against a supernatural bady,it was two human teenagers trying to survive in spite of another human adult. That sort of eliminated the amazing, impossible hunter escape, that was only possible because they were hunters, and no one else could have winged it. It was just two guys in a hole, and doing it like that made me see it from their perspective. You know, kidnapped, bricked into a room with no escape, limitted food, okay, what now?

I especially liked the brother and sister that didn't make it (morbid, I know). To me, that said 'look what could have happened. Look what almost did', and that was yet another example of how honestly you wrote this. There are bad people out there, and I'm glad you didn't try to dodge that. I've read stories from some authors that are really well written along the 'survival' format like this one, but I can't take it as seriously because they go out of their way to justify everything. The giant butterfly eats people because it has to eat, and people just happen to be on the menu. Sam and Dean are smart, and strong, and hunt wild game using a bow and arrow they whittled with a rock they sharpened with another rock, and they're never scared; they're just mildly irritated, a little cold, and ready to kick some ass. It's still a good story, but it feels like the author completely turned their back on the darker aspects of human nature because they don't like acknowledging it, because it's not pretty, even when a human bad guy would have worked so much better. After all, why exactly do Sam and Dean go out into this thing's territory totally unprepared? Exactly, they don't. It just doesn't make sense.

I'm getting a litle off track. Basically, I'm trying to say it's awesome how well you seem to understand people. Good, bad, what they do, and how they heal. You showed that there's bad in the world, but there's also good, which I'm happy about, because if you hadn't written a happy ending, most of this would probably have been me bitching you out instead of singing your praises. Sam and Dean pull together (generally), and their dad changes some of his behaviour because he loves them.

There. I think I managed to get everything I wanted to say out. I just checked how many characters I've got left to write with because I was pretty sure I'd almost be out by now, but there's still roughly 7000 left. Why in the hell wouuld I need 10,000 to write a review? No matter how good you are, there is no reason someone would need that much room. You've probably given up on ever finishing this by now, and I haven't even used half. 10,000 is enough for another story, nevermind a review. I don't know why I'm still typing. I think I'm waiting for something I forgot I wanted to pat you on the back about to pop up again, but it's just not coming. I'm going to stop. Right now.

P.S. Right! I just wanted to say, you know, overall, brilliant.

P.P.S. No seriously. I'm done now.
185 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 .. Last Next »