Reviews for We are the President
allthatjazz8 chapter 1 . 1/22/2007
Oh, my GOD. That was completely beautiful.

This is completely amazing.

It is one of the most amazing stories in this section.

Well done.

XOXO

Theo
77517 chapter 1 . 10/15/2006
'Not quite as energetic as we thought, are we, Mr Calloway?' - I love this part.

"He had been ever so attentive towards her since she had given him the job, pulling out her chair and everything." - Yeah, but he's always like that, pulling out her chair for her.

This story is actually quite sad. I mean, they did try to be intimate in episode 4 and then never again after episode 8, but they were still affectionate for the rest of the season.

"She would have to reject some of Rod suggestions to show him that he didn't have unlimited influence on her." - The first thing I thought of was when she agreed with Nathan over Rod about going to war with North Korea, if need be, in ep 11. It's funny to think that the events in episode 8 and a decision she made immediately after that episode ended motivated that.
Misbehavin chapter 1 . 10/15/2006
Interesting piece. Well-written and expressed. Much more cynical view from Mac concerning their marriage and relationship than I expected. Definitely not a marriage I would want. But it made me think and I love to think. Also made me wonder about why Rod had ever been her vice-presidential chief of staff if she was that worried about being and appearing strong. Not sure I fully understand this sentiment from Mac, however: "Hell, she couldn't afford to be anything as far as her marriage was concerned."

Well done.
Lara Cox chapter 1 . 10/15/2006
THIS WAS GREAT!

I loved it!

Mac was probably thinking all that at the moment... and it was surelly her need to show independence and streng what, later, made her behave like she did in episode 13. In "State of the unions" she gladly let Rod quit without so much as a protest and that was probably because she wanted to prove that SHE is the president... I'm sure she thought about Hilary's quote "We are the President" and wanted to prove that wasn't the case in the allen administration.

by the way, with your permission, I would love to use the "We are the President" thing eventually... in one of my fics...can I?

anyway-

GREAT JOB!
FAna chapter 1 . 10/14/2006
Good job! I really liked your story!...It almost sounds like it did happen on the show.
Celticgirl84 chapter 1 . 10/14/2006
That was great, good job. It is good to see how Mac compares Rod or Hilary. When he is probley most like her as first spouse. maybe Rod could become a senetor like she did after Mac had finished with being President