Reviews for Wounded
Tionsbabe chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
Really enjoyed this and I absolutely loved this line, "Hephaestion, I would rather be old with you, than young with the most beautiful man or woman in the world." Just beautiful.
Ties are Hot chapter 1 . 2/28/2007
again, PERFECTION. this was so cute! just- ah! i can taste the cotton candy on my tongue. amazing job. XDD
RWFDHF chapter 1 . 2/13/2007
that was a great fic thanks for the read
tsuhiyo chapter 1 . 12/15/2006
'Tis is good and touching..._
anberzen chapter 1 . 10/26/2006
good job. i think it was fitting for the scene not be to explicit for this story. i like this.
Baliansword chapter 1 . 10/19/2006
I would like to think that Alexander would not have cared in the slightest. I like that in the end Hephaestion understands this as well. It really is somewhat adorable that Hephaestion wants to remain perfect for his love. For we all know that he would not care in the slightest if Cassander, per se, cared. Nice making up lines of "I love you" at the end. It is good to know that the two are still well with one another. They are one.

Baliansword
moon71 chapter 1 . 10/19/2006
A very moving story and a very interesting concept. I have wondered how the Macedonians, such a martial culture, viewed wounds and ugliness compared to the Greeks who had such strict notions of beauty. No doubt a lot of them were scarred by war - but then again Alexander does seem to have had an eye for beauty and been very conscious of it, perhaps most particularly of his own. (I've often wondered if the very early one of him, with a weakish chin and prominent eyes, or maybe the Lyssipos one when he'd been through a fair amount of battles, and he looks rather tired and a bit on the plump side, are more accurate than the perfectly beautiful youth we're so familiar with.)

At any rate, your story makes clear that the problem is with Hephaestion's perception of Alexander rather than his friend's true feelings. A single gesture - Alexander taking Hephaestion on his word and leaving when Hephaestion really wanted him to stay - can do so much harm. And as you suggest, Hephaestion's scar is for him a symbol of losing his beauty and his youth, something he might genuinely have feared as a "favourite." So many youthful lovers must have been dumped by their older admirers when they matured - that was part of the culture, and I thought you handled Hephaestion's insecurities in a believable way.

By the way, I also liked the use of Demosthenes - as Lysis pointed out, we don't know exactly how close Hephaestion might have been to him, or why exactly Demosthenes appealed to Hephaestion for mercy from Alexander. After all, speculating on Hephaestion's lost past is one of the most interesting things about studying Alexander.

Please keep this up! (I'll be in touch ASAP!)
Queendel chapter 1 . 10/14/2006
Emotionally touching. It is so easy for actions to be misunderstood..and Alexander allowed things to go on too long without confronting Heph. He should thank the officer who brought him the news about the letter as it offer him a chance to right misconceptions.

I like the dark edge you gave to Heph and Alexander passion and gentleness to Heph when he understood Heph insecurities.

Looking for more fics from you soon,
Arlad chapter 1 . 10/14/2006
I loved this story! It was angsty, and yet through it you managed to convey how much Alexander loved Hephaestion... and his fears seem so logical... it must have been so hard to be Alexander's beloved. And I do think you did a VERY good job at writing the sex scene tastefully, in any case you conveyed perfectly just how much love there was between the two.
Sushoo chapter 1 . 10/14/2006
ohh...that was sweet.

and i'm really looking forward to that proper sex in your next one-shot haha!

But I was wondering about the story forgotten lakes, it was yours right?

Are you going to finish it, I hope so because it was really well written and intersting.

I hope to read more of you soon,

Susan.
Lysis chapter 1 . 10/14/2006
You wrote the scene of intimacy very well, very appropriately I thought. Nice story and it does make one wonder if something like this could have happened, we'll never know. I can't help but think, as you show that Alexander would have loved his Hephaistion no matter what, it was their Souls that were bound, not their bodies. It's interesting that you had Hephaistion writing to Demonsthanes, I know they did do some negotiations together when Alexander was in Egypt. Interesting to speculate on if they may have known one another beyond that small period. Good story.