Reviews for Minimum Contacts
Guest chapter 14 . 10/19/2014
Please update this lovely story!
jesse chapter 14 . 1/6/2014
Please continue the story. One of the best DA - crossover stories ever.
Babyangel86 chapter 14 . 9/10/2013
Where's the rest shy?!

Will they still go to DC. What happened to Deck? What steps will they take to rebuild those bridges? What does Max no longer trusting Logan look like?

So many questions only you have answers to!
ViolettBlack chapter 14 . 7/8/2013
This is a combined review for Concurrent Jurisdiction and Minimum Contacts!
It's too bad that this story is still incomplete. I was so looking forward to read about Logan and Max attending Tony's and Barbara's wedding! :(
I hope that you will continue writing on this story sometime in the very near future because I really love this story.
You have mentioned Gibbs and McGee. What became out of Ziva, Ducky and Abby? Abby and Ducky are my favorite characters on NCIS.

I love your Dark Angel/NCIS crossover and the meetings of the two cousins.
The witty comebacks in the Dark Angel series sometimes remind me of my alltime favorite TV character Dr. Gregory House of House M.D., played by my favorite actor Hugh Laurie. But I think that that's no coincidence, since St. Doris Egan was on the writing and producer staff of both series. We, in parts of the House M.D. fandom, call her Saint Doris Egan because she wrote some of the best episodes with our favorite shipping pair House and Wilson.

The wheelchair basketball match between the newcomers, the Jam Pony Jammers and the experienced college team, reminded me of some soccer games. We, in Germany, sometimes have soccer league championships in which a first class soccer team ends up playing against a second or third class soccer team. The first class soccer team often looses these games because the players are so full of themselves that they don't take the game seriously and therefore don't really make an effort to win this games.

Reading your Dark Angel fanfictions is like watching the series. They are very in character and wonderful written. It's a joy reading them.

By the way, until recently, I almost only read House M.D. fanfictions. After almost seven years in the House M.D. fandom (and despite loving watching many other TV series), Dark Angel is the only other TV series, which coaxed me into reading fanfictions about it.
Today I've managed to get my best friend to watch the Dark Angel pilot with me. She loved it so much that she instantly ordered the DVD's of the series for herself and is already sad about the fact that this lovely series only has two seasons.
Please keep up writing Dark Angel fanfictions!
Denise Nicole chapter 9 . 11/12/2012
Okay, I was going to "wait" to review (code for ten years from now when I eventually get around it), but I will say one thing right now. Bugging the wheelchair? Brilliant! Totally f'ing brilliant! I have a big grin on my face. :D
Long Live BRUCAS chapter 14 . 10/13/2011
Hope one day you get an urge to write more for this story. Its great so far.

I knew Tony for a good while before he ever admitted much about himself, or anything personal. Just like Logan towards Max. They are so defiantly alike. Max and Barbara both had to get it out of there men that they liked them. So good looking but yet so shy.

Loved when Tony showed up at Logan's b-ball game.

Sketchy is giving Lydecker information on Max. And know they have some tracking device on Logan wheel chair. And just when they are getting back on track. And we dont even know if they are still going to be going to Tony wedding.

Max looked to Tony and shrugged, "I may not be much of a cook, but I'm an expert at eating."

"I'm with you, Max," he nodded. "I'll look for some wine and meet you at the food." They are alike in some ways. So they make good friends.

Wow Tony knows about Max. And Logan took a while to tell her. He must really love her if he is willing to cut ties with Tony if it came to ot b/c Tony knows. And know b/c he does know and the tracking device. Its not looking good.
gregstar chapter 14 . 9/23/2011
I am making my way through you stories after beginning to rewatch Dark Angel. When I found Concurrent Jurisdiction I was immediately interested since I am a massive NCIS fan as well. I am so glad that you are still writing this (or at least you were at the start of the year) and I'm really hoping you continue.

The way that you write Max and Logan is how I always hoped it would be in the show, letting themselves into each others lives so completely.

I must admit that I am really hoping that Gibbs makes a bigger appearance at the wedding and that he and Tony help to destroy Lydecker. I am also interested to see what Lydecker will do with the bugs in Logan's chair now.

Please please please keep writing.
Elizabeth Bartlett chapter 14 . 7/1/2011
Great chapter, I'm glad that everything got resolved between Max and Logan. I'm loving the story and can't wait for the next update!
The Hobbet chapter 14 . 4/7/2011
I'm so glad to see this story is still active. I hope it is getting close to being finished. I don't read WIPs so I'm keeping an eye on your progress.
novagirl2004 chapter 14 . 4/3/2011
Read this originally when it first came out and found again recently and had to tell you how very much I am enjoying your story. Excellent story-telling, you've really captured the voices of characters. Can't wait to read more, thanks!
lkaplon chapter 14 . 2/25/2011
Still here! What an emotional chapter! I'm glad they're finding their way back to each other. Are they still going to Tony's wedding? Or did they miss it because of the fight? I'm really on pins and needles for the confrontation between Max and Tony. Looking forward to the next update!
Mari83 chapter 14 . 2/23/2011
Yay for the update! Story very much stuck in my head:-)

"Tilting at windmills, his uncle had once said, derisively, about Eyes Only. That type never gets it ... and never gets anywhere far. You'll see who disappears first – this outlaw or the people who really make things happen... "

Ah, Don Quixote again. I can just imagine the scene, Jonas probably purposely saying that to taunt Logan, make hi defend his beliefs, just so he can belittle him more over it. (Has there ever been any fic in which Jonas found out that Logan is Eyes Only? Because that's what this triggered in my weird little brain)

"Even if she'd never said too much directly about his work, the way she threw herself into her work while helping him, the things she'd report overhearing about his hacks, the way she looked at him sometimes, when his work led to changes for the better."

Poor Logan with his realization of how supportive Max's presence actually was, how much he'd gotten used to it before going cold turkey. Also enlightening on how it was before, the idealistic drive he must have had (obviously had) to keep him and Eyes Only going despite all the discouragement and lack of satisfaction on a personal level.

"he was having trouble getting a handle on the project he was working on now. Informants were coming up dry about the rumored government contracts he was investigating, people seemed edgy and unwilling to talk"

Even though most of that does sound like just bad luck, it does make sense that his attitude would influence how his meetings go. For convincing his informants to talk, to trust him, a lot would depend on his demeanor, how convincing he is in bringing across that he's trustworthy and not just some crazy yet powerless dreamer.

"He'd startled with the sudden sound and sight, of course, but his being frozen in place, silent, was more his apprehension of what her return, unannounced, might mean. "

A very Max way of coming back and of confronting him, waiting for him to discover her, having control over the situation, the connotation of pondering in the dark while waiting for him...

"The silence following was oppressive and after long moments, he spoke, as honest as he'd ever been. "I understand."

"No, I don't think you do," she said immediately, shaking her head forcefully,

That's quite at the core of it, their slightly different use of 'understanding, Logan's on an empathetic level, Max's on the experiences that keep her apart and still are somewhat beyond his imagination. (One could probably say that Logan's upbringing didn't exactly make him the most trusting person, but daring to trust someone never risked more than emotional hurt, never had the monumental implication it had for Max)

"always doing the right thing, even when you were doing something stupid to put yourself in danger, it was always for the right reason, and I never thought..."

And it's the image he tried to create of himself throughout S1, not because he considers himself infallible, but because the ideal of someone sacrificing individual happiness for the greater good is the one positive image of himself he could have at this point.

"More than anything I want to turn back the clock and go back to where we were, where I was, when I felt as if I could just hide in your arms and be safe, when everything was safe with you..."

His eyes spilled over.

"...but I just don't know if it's possible."

I really like this, her immense sense of impossibility and having lost some state of trusting ease and innocence in her relationship to Logan.

. "When Tony told me he knew ... in those first few seconds, the only thing I could think of was how to take Tony out for whatever time it would take for you to get away,

"I would have to find a way to keep you in my life, on the lam with you or not. And if it meant cutting ties with Tony ... it would have to be done."

If nothing else would speak of the immensity of Logan's feelings for Max, this does... It's interesting to have Logan's recollection of that moment years after the chapter has been posted. That scene has always been one of my favorites in CJ and it adds an extra dimension to the story, to think how different things were for them then and everything that has happened in between. (And that universe-feeling is one of my favorite things about this... ahm universe:-)

There is some irony in them talking and worrying about potential and future threats when one is already there in form of Lydecker's sneaky device. Count me in as another one who sits on needles over what you have in mind with that... I actually re-read to check what exactly it was, remembering it as some sort of tracking device – because, as somebody else pointed out here, listening to their conversation would be decidedly creepy. Very decidedly creepy.

It's so good to see them back, not (yet) too normalcy, but at least to being able to sharing emotions and time and space again. Now will Tony's wedding slowly reemerge on their agenda...?
Ica44 chapter 4 . 2/22/2011
So sweet! I loved the 'I love yous' in this chapter. Total sweetness!
aloha94 chapter 14 . 2/20/2011
I was sooo thrilled to see this update! :) You brought tears to my eyes in this chapter. It was absolutely beautiful. However, what about that bug in the wheelchair? That's probably going to cause some problems before too long. Looking forward to your next update. :D
lizziemackenzie chapter 14 . 2/20/2011
Oh, Thank you, Thank you! Finding another chapter of this story brightened my day. Would a virtual hug be too much?