Reviews for Letters
Joyeee chapter 1 . 10/22/2006
What a neat idea! For a moment I wondered if Olympias was being sarcastic, writing eight pages (!) of her own equivalent of Ladies' Home Journal about home decorations and parties, or if those parties involved political assasinations ... shows how deeply certain images are ingrained, I guess. (Or just how slow I was to realize this version of her really is the "traditional" mother worrying over clothes and haircuts, etc!) My jaw pretty much dropped when I read Olympias calling Antipater a "dear old man" - that's hilarious! Hephaestion's reaction - and Alexander's reaction to his reaction - was a wonderful ending too. Thanks for sharing!
moon71 chapter 1 . 10/19/2006
I thought this was delightful - if I have any complaint its only that its too short! I see so many possibilities! But seriously, I did enjoy this, I love it when the conventions of the Alexander universe are turned upside-down because after all, all we have are the opinions of historians hundreds of years later, based on a lot of gossip!

I love the idea of your kind, sweet Olympias, so fond of Antipater and Hephaestion! And I can just imagine why Alexander would have been tempted to pretend he was unhappy so that Hephaestion would be so kind and attentive to him - and how addictive it would become - "There, there Alexander, don't worry, you know I love you, let me look after you..." The only question is, had Hephaestion already written that awful scolding letter to Olympias he's notorious for? I can only imagine how shocked she might have been if he had!
SONGNATASHA chapter 1 . 10/16/2006
"whenever you wanted sex you pretended to be sad", it's so cute, and I never read any plot like this one before, poor Olympias, she'll never know that Hephaistion disliked her for so long. And will you write the details about how Alexander tricked Hephaistion into his bed the first time in Forgotten Lake? Cannot help wanting to read more!
Solaris Phoebus chapter 1 . 10/15/2006
lolers..that was so funny. Alexander had Hephaestion thinking that Olympias was bad for all those years when really she was a regular caring mother. LOL..this was too cute.
Arlad chapter 1 . 10/14/2006
AWESOME, ha ha ha, made me laugh out loud... ah, wily Alexander! Very clever story, loved it!
Lysis chapter 1 . 10/14/2006
This is cute. Alexander pretending that everything between his mother and father is terrible as a lure to get Hephaisiton into his bed; very clever of him. I like your Hephaistion as well. The voyuer (spelling?) in me wishes you'd shown us what Hephaistion would have done to Alexander to make him pay for his little tricks.:)