Reviews for The Definition of Failure
SleepingSeeker chapter 1 . 6/21/2013
This was my favorite part ...'No matter what they say
You know what you're not'
Very nice. Leo is my favorite, you know. I adore him. Ttyl!
TheOneThatGotAway99 chapter 1 . 6/14/2013
Amazing.

Simply amazing. That is all I can say. You captured the emotion of failure perfectly. The fear of mistakes, the self-hatred of weakness. Just amazing.
Merdeka21 chapter 1 . 11/16/2007
I like it. You have good rhythm.

(I'm a percussionist, that kind of comment is to be expected.)
innocent-rebel chapter 1 . 12/21/2006
wow...girl that...was simply beautiful. It was one of the best poems I've ever read. I could feel all these emotions as I read it, it was amazing...so painfully beautiful. Wow. this was...this was just amazing.
Sageeth chapter 1 . 10/23/2006
True True. I think we all feel like that sometimes.
BubblyShell22 chapter 1 . 10/16/2006
You rock, pi90katana. That was a great poem. It summed up Leo's feelings well. It makes me think of season 4. Write more good poems and stories soon. You are an awesome writer.

The Bubbly One,

Shell
pacphys chapter 1 . 10/15/2006
Who said that rambling cannot make a good poem? As long as it is concise and well placed rambling, it can make a great poem, as you have here. Well done, chica!

Cheers,

~pacphys~
Elphaba-Rose chapter 1 . 10/15/2006
You know what? I've realised when a person's in a particularly depressed state, they produce some of their best angst work. For example, my You Bleed Just To Know You're Alive and What Colour Is My Life Today. I can't exactly remember the reasons why I was depressed when I began writing these, but I think they've become my signiture fics, just as Suicide has become yours. Does that make sense? And of course, with the whole depressed state thing, this is ultimately one of your best works.

Ww that was a long paragraph lol. But it's true. I really loved this. The choppiness made you hold on to the words, and not just skim read it, like I do with most poetry because GCSE Poetry studying totally ruined it for me. A poem's not there to be analysed and see what means what, it's meant to provoke feelings and emotions. Who cares about whether a dead mouse represents war? Most people just care about the dead mouse. The author probably didn't even think about war when she was writing it anyway. Do you understand that? Lolness, since we did all that to poems last year, it's really put me off poetry. I never really think about subtext and symbolism when I'm writing a poem, I think about emotions and raw feelings. What about you?

Damnit another long paragraph and I hardly said anything about your poem lol. But yeah, the choppiness really kept my focus because you had to concentrate on what the 'narrator' was saying, and therefore interpret his feelings. Angsty and emotiive, my favourite. :)

Keep up the great work. I'm glad you're not suffering writer's block the size of, I dunno, an elephant or something. Ugh, I hate writer's block.

Anyway, great job, I'll be looking forward to more.

Love,

Sami x
The Burninator Named Trogdor chapter 1 . 10/15/2006
Very good effect with the intentional choppiness. It really brings out the sort of mania that Leo is facing inside. Internal battles are so long and so confusing. You know yourself better than anyone else ever could. Leo's his own "worst enemy".

And damn can I relate to this. I've got to post some of my poetry somwhere... My last one was called 'turtle' but it has nothing to do with tmnt.

Oh... don't know if this was intentional but your four line stanzas are like the four brothers. Excellent!

~Wanequelle
Reinbeauchaser chapter 1 . 10/14/2006
I like that you ended the poem the way that you started it...full circle sort of thing. Very nice touch there!

And as the rest of this piece is. You did well with the poetic cadence and rhyming. Not too rough or choppy.

Nice job! :0) And, so Leo. Poor baby. :0(