Reviews for Eight to Tango
Guest chapter 1 . 5/17/2014
best and in character love confession... EVER
Kimasu chapter 1 . 5/14/2014
The quirky randomness in this was so great! Like when Ranma and Ryoga became partners in the switch. Funny and cute all wrapped into one. 3
frostedglaze chapter 1 . 1/29/2014
This is just like an episode of Ranma! You had me laughing so from the beginning to the end.
blalala chapter 1 . 8/25/2013
This is going to be one of my favorites.
You captured both R and A in character. Great job.
It's like watching/reading one of the episodes/chapters in the anime/manga :)))
Hope you write another amazing R/A fic.
Thanks for this again.
Rainbowed-Sunned-Spirit chapter 1 . 1/26/2012
That was just awesome! I can totally see this happening. In fact, this shoulda happened! The love confession was very like Ranma and Akane. LOL. I laughed so hard at the ending XD
Broken Quill and Scattered Ink chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
I don't know how I missed this adorable one-shot, but I'm glad I stumbled upon it~

This was just so...Ranma 1/2. I absolutely loved it. This is how their confession should go; it was as if I was reading the manga itself!
PrincessVamp chapter 1 . 5/11/2011
Oh, this was super cute. I loved the love professions between Akane and Ranma-if they were ever to say it out loud, I imagine that's how it would be! Loved it!
Aly chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
This was just amazing! The story was very well written, well done. I can honestly imagine this happening in the manga/anime itself. The character interaction and the inclusion of everyone and their personalities/plots/schemes was very well executed too. I laughed at every other paragraph. And it seemed like you wrote it so effortlessly! GREAT job!
goddess-training chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
I think you captured their canon characters perfectly!

This is one of the only ranma fics with a connection to the manga and a FUNNY humerous side too.
jayqueue chapter 1 . 5/28/2009
Hi, I enjoyed your story VERY MUCH! Thanks for sharing your hard work! And thanks for getting Ranma and Akane together in their sort of 'shy' way!
MyFavoriteDream chapter 1 . 4/6/2009
As far as school dance stories go, this is one of the better ones out there. I love the way you slowly build the tension between Ranma and Akane throughout the story, while still managing to fit all the major players into the scenario. Genma and Soun were hilarious, and I like how you gave each of the fiancees a chance in the spotlight. And the tango really is the perfect dance for Ranma and Akane - it was a great choice.

Now for some constructive criticism.

I did have a few problems with the ending scenes. For one, after Ranma and Akane finished the dance, it was a little strange to see Ranma running away - I felt like Akane should have been the one to do that - especially since her dialog at the beginning of their confrontation sounded much more masculine and Ranma-ish (it even occurred to me that perhaps you decided to switch them at the last minute, but just forgot to alter the dialog). Plus, Ranma had been the aggressive one throughout the entire story, so it seemed rather odd for him to be the one to suddenly run away.

And two, the love confession seemed to come out of nowhere. Honestly, I could never see them confessing their feelings like this, especially not in the manga. I mean, yes, the tango's a pretty powerful dance... But if Akane lying dead in Ranma's arms isn't enough to get him to speak the words out loud, then I fail to see how one school dance could. Besides, a story doesn't have to end with a love confession in order to be good - sometimes, less really is more. If you had made Ranma simply admit to being jealous over seeing her with Ryoga, it would have had a much stronger impact for me. And as funny as their "prize" was, it seemed like something Kodachi would do, not Principal Kuno. I thought it was going to be something silly like a book of coupons for free buzz cuts, or a broken ukulele and a Hawaiian shirt.

But still, everything leading to the ending was brilliant - you did an amazing job blending the romance and the comedy. And it was a lot of fun to read, so thank you so much for writing it!
AliaBobbwa chapter 1 . 4/14/2008
This was great. Really great.
Ambulatory Kettle chapter 1 . 3/8/2008
Not bad. Not bad at all. (You should probably count that as high praise, since I've been paging through the Ranma archives and yours is the first story I've been able to say that about with complete honesty. Perhaps my standards are too high. _;;) You've managed to capture the tone and feel of the manga quite nicely, an impressive feat.

I thought that the explanation of Akane "scrounging up a kettle from somewhere" a bit hard to swallow though. I could see Soun and Genma having brought just such a kettle along with them for the purposes of their scheme, so that would serve as a better explanation (in my mind) for for how Akane could have come by the necessary hot water, rather than, "Oh, you know, it was just lying around," - although put that, way it has a certain farcical charm, I suppose. _
kachiryu-chi chapter 1 . 8/17/2007
hahaha! i think it's good.

great, actually.
Ahria chapter 1 . 7/24/2007
This is one of the cutest stories I've ever read.