Reviews for Choices
kikkichan chapter 1 . 2/4/2011
This is such a neat take on Jin! I always thought of her as the cute innocent canon girl, but this is such an interesting perspective. It does make sense, that the Dai Li would send someone in to investigate the possible fire-benders. i really like how Ying/ Jin starts to question turning Iroh and Zuko in. I also like how her decision is left slightly unclear at the end.

And the fire light fountain setup..ahhhh that makes so much sense! I never thought about that, but that would be the perfect trap for a firebender, especially when used in conjunction on a date with the very fine looking Ying/Jin. It also shows how foolish Zuko is for actually lighting the lamps! haha
new moongirl chapter 1 . 8/30/2010
well...that was certainly a different and more interesting view of things. w i like it! this jin is super cool. D
Kimberly T chapter 1 . 7/31/2010
If it weren't for that one tiny cameo of Jin in the first episode of the third season, looking shocked and scared as the Dai Li tear down the wall, I would completely accept this as canon; the tale behind one of the Tales of Ba Sing Se.

It explains so well some of the stuff about Jin that never quite made sense to me, like her utter non-reaction to Zuko's outburst at the waiter, "She's not my girlfriend!" Most girls, after daring to ask a guy out on a date and getting indirectly slapped with that, would at least say *something* in their own defense...

A very, very well done vignette!
FuckMePumps chapter 1 . 9/8/2008
So genius I could cry.

I'd like to hear your other theories on the other Avatar characters. This was superb.

You captured Zuko's Ba Sing Se persona perfectly, and put more depth on Jin's.

T_T

Fantastic.

I really mean it.
Impossible Love a Jinko fan chapter 1 . 1/29/2008
I like this take of Jin, it makes some sense...until the lil cameo in Awakenin in wich she's just a normal frightened girl.

But very well she's just not the girl she pretends to be but she's not evil. good take indeed
Buddy Williams chapter 1 . 9/28/2007
Wow. I actually never thought of it like this! This is great! I love the new spin you put on Jinko, keep up the excelence!
MonsieurBrightside chapter 1 . 3/20/2007
I love the idea, and the story was so well written. Props!
Rose Eclipse chapter 1 . 11/7/2006
This is quite interesting, fueling the fan-theory that "Jin is a spy for the Dai Li and how foolish could Zuko be to be firebending right in the middle of Ba Sing Se?" IMHO, I don't think Jin is a spy. But this was a captivating look into a scheming woman's head instead of a sweet simple girl like Jin in the episode. While I'm still doubtful of such a theory, your writing style is very enjoyable and I liked this other POV, especially her preference of words like "the lamp man" and "re-educated" instead of "brainwashed". Nice job.
Page Readman chapter 1 . 10/25/2006
I love it! write more!
Atiaran chapter 1 . 10/21/2006
Very interesting take on Zuko's section! Ying is an interesting character in her own right, and she and her dilemma are quite convincingly portrayed. It's enough to make me wonder what her final decision was. I like Ying's mental commentary on how clueless Zuko was during dinner, and her thoughts on tricking Zuko into using his firebending and how wrong it felt when he fell right into the trap are good too. Don't suppose you're planning a sequel?
Ragemoon chapter 1 . 10/16/2006
Lovely story. Makes one think it does. Thank you for this. Now you got me a wondering as well. Hm. Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed this to no end. Cannot wait to see more.

Blessed be.