Reviews for Hot Wheels and Head Wounds
amyblair chapter 1 . 11/24/2008
Really liked the reference to the old Looney Toones and the bulldog and the Jack Russell. Cute

My song that always makes me smile from being a kid is "Afternoon Delight". Funny how we remember things like that. My brother stomped on a bee that had stung me.

'Maybe he was just looking for traces of blood.' HA!

Totally dug how Dean shoved the Chevy back down in between the seats.

Nice job.
Nana56 chapter 1 . 12/30/2006
Really great little addition to that time of working on the Impala. So much was left out of the show and you've filled one of the voids very nicely.

Great job!
friendly chapter 1 . 10/17/2006
great job. That was really good. hope to see more from ya..
irismay42 chapter 1 . 10/17/2006
Aw, this was just so good! I don't think we'll ever see the boys hugging properly, but this is as close as they'll get I think! You've so got a handle on the way they would have acted as kids too.

Loved it.
Fireman Phil chapter 1 . 10/17/2006
I want to thank you for creating and sharing this wonderful little story with us. I think a lot of SN fans, myself included, are having trouble dealing with the death of John and how Sam and Dean are handling the situation.

Kripke may be (OK "is") a great writer, but he doesn't have the time to cover every detail of the brothers' lives. Your story gives us the chance to catch a glimpse of a short but deeply moving event.

The whole thing may have lasted but a few minutes, but in that time you show us evidence of the pain and grief that both brothers share and the bond that holds them together as family. Having Dean place the toy car back into the seat was perfect, absolutely perfect. As an older reader, I can tell you with absolute certainty, such little memories are the things upon which our life stories are built.

Your writng shows a keen appreciation of the characters and from the detail of events ocurring in the car, I would say you've included some personal experience, too. Good writers do that. They take the best of their own experiences to help their stories come alive for their readers. You (and your betas) have done a marvelous job here. You make us want to cry and laugh at the same time.

I hope you'll continue to write stories like this. We already have plenty of angst and suspense selections. It's such a treat to find a simple, warm hearted story like this.
carocali chapter 1 . 10/16/2006
OH, I SO love this! I'm so happy to see you post! There is so much goodness in this story.

"Sam walked out to the junkyard, feeling a little like that Jack Russell Terrier in the Looney Tunes cartoon: “Whatcha dooin, Dean? Huh? Huh? Just about done? Gonna need some help? You wanna talk about anything, huh? Huh?”

This is funny, and I can see Dean thinking this (even though poor Sam just needs a hug!) because his pesky little brother won't go away.

I love this real look into sibling rivalry and I truly believe that something like this could have happened. It's also nice to get a little reprive every once in a while from all the angst.

Nice job girl!

jmm0001 chapter 1 . 10/16/2006
"Dean leaned in to the backseat and tucked it between the back and the bench."

I was resisting right up to here, and then, aww geez. Ya got me. Lovely.
angel679 chapter 1 . 10/16/2006
OMG this was freakin priceless I can so picture this happening. Cause as much as Dean loves and protects Sam it is most definitley the oldests siblings perogitive to torture the hell out of the younger ones. Thats what keeps us sane from being the experimental guinea pig child which all oldests are. I absolutely loved the analogy to the jack russell terrier I can see that going on for days bless Sammys heart hes just trying to help. I laughed my ass off through 98% of this. I couldnt laugh during the John being dead parts too sad. Cant wait for your next story.
SilverStorm06 chapter 1 . 10/16/2006
aw, that was great. :)
DeeUnnatural chapter 1 . 10/16/2006
I always like stories that explores the past. You hit one that even brought back memories of me and my brothers fighting in the backseat on road trips. great story.
troubletwinintx chapter 1 . 10/16/2006
Excellent writing. I laughed and teared up all at the same time.