Reviews for American Lieutenant in Middle Earth
BrightGreenNails chapter 7 . 2/20/2014
Okay... Now you need to update and that is an order.

I'm serious, now.

You need to update.

Just wait until I get home from school.

Okay?

Okay.
Ranger Robbin chapter 7 . 4/30/2013
Um sorry I don't have a LOTR name yet. This is just smothers story name. Anyway, sniffle sniffle. Please keep writing. It is SUCH a good story. Please?
FreedomTide chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
Hey, i like the idea of Sam learning tolerance, & as for women in combat no worries there since the US military has changed that policy recently.
kati chapter 1 . 12/20/2012
I remeber reading this when you first starting posting and I'm glad you have a renewed interest in this story. I'm sorry some people don't understand that its a story and you get to choose what's real in this world and that people have been jerks. I think you do a great job!
Cassie chapter 7 . 6/24/2011
this is one of the best oc characters falling into middle-earth stories i have like evr read! why did you say it is complete when it is not finished? you are a very talented writer! and i hope you continue this story
Monki-Neko chapter 7 . 3/1/2009
I like the idea of a female soldier going into Middle Earth but I'm not so sure about her becoming a tenth member-because she's a soldier she's not a Mary Sue and she doesn't act like one, but its still...sort of against the plot to involve her on this quest, isn't it? Wouldn't it make more sense to put her in the story after the quest and in the middle of some different war, or battle or something?
Pain au Chocolat chapter 1 . 5/4/2007
"Lieutenant Samantha Jackson"

Right. Because every OC character and their gandma seem to have a cool name. Stargate SG-1, anyone?

Have you studied the military maneuvers? Because it doesn't seem to be so.

"Damn right I haven't! Okay, who are you working for? Bin Laden? Some new, deranged Muslim that Bush doesn't know about yet! What kind of mental torture are you tring to pull?"

Spouting off racistic phrases such as 'deranged Mulsim' could cause someone to report. You know that it's in the rules (if you have read them) that no racistic shit is allowed. If YOU think that all muslims are deranged, keep it to yourself.

Be careful. Your OC just might become another super wonderful Mary Sue.

I have no intention of insulting you; I'm just pointing the most obvious black holes in your fic. Otherwise it's quite well written.
xKokurox chapter 7 . 2/24/2007
Your story is really good! At first I thought the character would be a guy, but seeing a girl...at first I was disappointed, but Sam's a tougher-than-shit chick! Even if she has her 'moments' which is fine, that just makes her more human. I thought you would continue her friendship with Pippin more than this. Ah well, I like! please continue!
Hope and love chapter 7 . 2/20/2007
i love it!
Jennfire chapter 7 . 2/18/2007
more, a little fast-paced, but good nether the less
Padme4000 chapter 7 . 2/18/2007
loved it and another great chapter
Telcontar Rulz chapter 1 . 2/4/2007
I haven't read the rest of the story yet but Samantha's comment about 'some deranged Muslim' sounds a bit discriminatory.
hermonine chapter 6 . 2/4/2007
Great chapter. Keep up the good work and update soon!
Padme4000 chapter 6 . 2/4/2007
this is another great chapter cant wait for the next
Verity Kindle chapter 1 . 2/3/2007
"Lieutenant Samantha Jackson"

Oh, COME. ON. Please, I beg you, use one of the hundreds of random name generators available and come up with a name that is 1.) not borrowed almost directly from Stargate SG-1 and 2.)more realistic. people do not have cool names in real life. She might as well be named Lady Serena Wyndstone of Wolfhame Castle.

3.) please, please do not write about military maneuvers and rankings unless you've done your research and know what you're talking about. For one thing,

Women. Do. Not. Serve. On. Recon. Teams.

I know that your female characters are special and wonderful, but it's just distracting, since the major premise of this story is that a woman from OUR time, Planet Earth, 21st century, is thrown into Middle Earth and has to cope with a whole new life. So please, follow your own premise. Have the heroine serving her country as part of an intelligence team, or a logistics support unit for an infantry battalion or something like that. It can be a realistic and important role. Make her military service an important part of who she is and how she responds to this extraordinary event of being thrown into another world. She's a soldier, so she's going to respond very differently than a civilian or a LOTR fan. )

Please understand, I mean this as constructive criticism. I know that this can be a great story, if you would put some effort into it.