Reviews for Dealing with Roy Mustang
Stormy Vixen chapter 29 . 7/2
Holy crap! That was epic!
ChooShoo chapter 24 . 6/8
Y
Guest chapter 49 . 12/10/2015
XD my god Ed
My phones being a b but kudos from goddess~a~sword
AXELSashes chapter 21 . 9/8/2015
Lol they just LOVE humiliating ed don't they? Great fanfic, i'll deffinately keep reading
inkspilt chapter 57 . 5/29/2015
noooooooooo I need moreeeeeeeeeeeeeee
inkspilt chapter 46 . 5/28/2015
ed is always running away, tbh. every fic. every time. XD
inkspilt chapter 29 . 5/28/2015
*cries* she won't ONLY be motherless...
inkspilt chapter 28 . 5/28/2015
jesus, I like this too much.
inkspilt chapter 19 . 5/27/2015
Edward Elric is my spirit animal, tbh
inkspilt chapter 5 . 5/26/2015
omg omg omg al wth
Anon chapter 40 . 10/4/2014
Okay, the milk bottle thing was never funny. It's just been annoying from day 1. Why does Ed get treated like he is 5?!
JustAnAnon chapter 22 . 10/3/2014
Why does Ed act like such a baby in this fanfiction! I love this FF like a lot, but he cries about 10 times every chapter _
Crimson Ink Blot chapter 12 . 9/24/2014
love the fic
Guest chapter 57 . 8/25/2014
Thank you.
Guest chapter 57 . 7/22/2014
Ever heard of Stokholm Syndrome?

In the sixties, before all the animal rights laws came along, Dr. Stokholm conducted an experiment with three groups of puppies. All the puppies in the three groups were set free in the main part of the lab, to approach all the other scientists at will. The first group of puppies were treated negatively, with kicks and scolds, when they approached a scientist. The second group of puppies were treated positively, with pats and praise, when they approached a scientist. The third group, however, was treated randomly, sometimes positively, sometimes negatively. Ironically, it was the third group that loved the scientists the most- approaching them nearly constantly.

It goes like this- since the first group was constantly being abused, the puppies had the expected reactions of fear and anger when confronted by a scientist, therefore approaching them the least. Since the second group was constantly being rewarded, all the puppies took the love and care they received for granted, and only approached the scientists when they wanted or needed something. But the third group, never knowing what to expect when approaching a scientist, approached them the most, because the possibility of receiving a reward was far too tempting to ignore, and for every negative reaction they received, the positive ones seemed even more rewarding. Dr. Stokholm concluded that the phycological reaction towards being treated randomly that the third group showed was found within all animals and humans. He dubbed this phycological reaction "Stokholm Syndrome".

If someone wanted an example of the most wonderfully fucked-up example of Stokholm Syndrome in a relationship, I would have them read this.

Now I'm not saying I don't appreciate this fanfiction, because the extent to which you (unknowingly) perfectly and exactly portray Stokholm Syndrome is nothing short of gorgeous, but just think about it.

Ed's relationship with Hohenhiem is the perfect portrayal of the first group of puppies- he received negativity, so he returned it.

His relationship with Al reminds me of the second group of puppies- he (at least for part of the story and the implied time before this took place) received positivity from Al, therefore felt entitled, and ultimately under appreciated his relationship with Al.

And, last but not least, his relationship with Roy so perfectly alignes with the third group of puppies, who were treated randomly, that I am half convinced that you did it on purpose. Just like those puppies, who were in love with the very scientists that were kicking them half of the time, Ed clings to Roy like he is his lifeline. Now I wouldn't go as far as to say that Roy is overly abusive or harsh to Ed, but the thing that makes this entire relationship laced with Stokholm Syndrome is Ed's reactions to Roy's punishment. I mean, you practically scream it to the readers yourself- ED LOVES ROY THE MOST THE VERY MOMENT AFTER HE IS HURT BY HIM AND IS RECEIVING COMFORT. (And, again, I honestly cannot express how much this defines Stokholm Syndrome in a relationship and I LOVE IT!) There are moments in the book when Ed literally clings to Roy for confort WHILE he is being punished by him.

I only wrote this so that you could appreciate your own unintentional genius, please don't mistake this for a flame!

And if this IS intentional, I LOVE LOVE LOVE how you did it in the point of view of the people who felt like they were doing the right thing, and antagonized those who realized how screwed up it was, leaving the reader to realize themselves that the relationship is nothing short of unhealthy.

KEEP WRITING RELATIVISTIC PHYCHOLOGICAL ROMANCE ;D
( and even though this isn't a romance, that's the category it would be put under, sorry...)