Reviews for Dealing with Roy Mustang
Anon chapter 40 . 10/4/2014
Okay, the milk bottle thing was never funny. It's just been annoying from day 1. Why does Ed get treated like he is 5?!
JustAnAnon chapter 22 . 10/3/2014
Why does Ed act like such a baby in this fanfiction! I love this FF like a lot, but he cries about 10 times every chapter _
Crimson Ink Blot chapter 12 . 9/24/2014
love the fic
Guest chapter 57 . 8/25/2014
Thank you.
Guest chapter 57 . 7/22/2014
Ever heard of Stokholm Syndrome?

In the sixties, before all the animal rights laws came along, Dr. Stokholm conducted an experiment with three groups of puppies. All the puppies in the three groups were set free in the main part of the lab, to approach all the other scientists at will. The first group of puppies were treated negatively, with kicks and scolds, when they approached a scientist. The second group of puppies were treated positively, with pats and praise, when they approached a scientist. The third group, however, was treated randomly, sometimes positively, sometimes negatively. Ironically, it was the third group that loved the scientists the most- approaching them nearly constantly.

It goes like this- since the first group was constantly being abused, the puppies had the expected reactions of fear and anger when confronted by a scientist, therefore approaching them the least. Since the second group was constantly being rewarded, all the puppies took the love and care they received for granted, and only approached the scientists when they wanted or needed something. But the third group, never knowing what to expect when approaching a scientist, approached them the most, because the possibility of receiving a reward was far too tempting to ignore, and for every negative reaction they received, the positive ones seemed even more rewarding. Dr. Stokholm concluded that the phycological reaction towards being treated randomly that the third group showed was found within all animals and humans. He dubbed this phycological reaction "Stokholm Syndrome".

If someone wanted an example of the most wonderfully fucked-up example of Stokholm Syndrome in a relationship, I would have them read this.

Now I'm not saying I don't appreciate this fanfiction, because the extent to which you (unknowingly) perfectly and exactly portray Stokholm Syndrome is nothing short of gorgeous, but just think about it.

Ed's relationship with Hohenhiem is the perfect portrayal of the first group of puppies- he received negativity, so he returned it.

His relationship with Al reminds me of the second group of puppies- he (at least for part of the story and the implied time before this took place) received positivity from Al, therefore felt entitled, and ultimately under appreciated his relationship with Al.

And, last but not least, his relationship with Roy so perfectly alignes with the third group of puppies, who were treated randomly, that I am half convinced that you did it on purpose. Just like those puppies, who were in love with the very scientists that were kicking them half of the time, Ed clings to Roy like he is his lifeline. Now I wouldn't go as far as to say that Roy is overly abusive or harsh to Ed, but the thing that makes this entire relationship laced with Stokholm Syndrome is Ed's reactions to Roy's punishment. I mean, you practically scream it to the readers yourself- ED LOVES ROY THE MOST THE VERY MOMENT AFTER HE IS HURT BY HIM AND IS RECEIVING COMFORT. (And, again, I honestly cannot express how much this defines Stokholm Syndrome in a relationship and I LOVE IT!) There are moments in the book when Ed literally clings to Roy for confort WHILE he is being punished by him.

I only wrote this so that you could appreciate your own unintentional genius, please don't mistake this for a flame!

And if this IS intentional, I LOVE LOVE LOVE how you did it in the point of view of the people who felt like they were doing the right thing, and antagonized those who realized how screwed up it was, leaving the reader to realize themselves that the relationship is nothing short of unhealthy.

KEEP WRITING RELATIVISTIC PHYCHOLOGICAL ROMANCE ;D
( and even though this isn't a romance, that's the category it would be put under, sorry...)
Airka Yumeko chapter 57 . 7/14/2014
The end made me kind of sad, but the story itself was very cute and fluffy.
:D
animelover1922 chapter 44 . 5/18/2014
Omg I love this series but one thing u don't realize about hohenheim is that in the tv series he was actually a good guy who didn't come back for his sons because he was a f stone himself and he didn't make the homunculus because that was his lookalike father!
Guest chapter 57 . 4/27/2014
There is no phisical way to express how much i love this fanfiction. Please keep writing Ed x Roy parentals. Love Ya! ;)
Relena Duo chapter 10 . 4/2/2014
This chapter was so much fun! I laughed so much when they where carrying around the washer and the dryer XDD
Knight Of Space 413 chapter 57 . 2/13/2014
I really loved this story and its perfect and I keep imagining Roy and Ed it gave me so many feels
Cindy chapter 1 . 2/10/2014
Ello there, just wanna let you know ima start reading these 57 completed chapters of a book, I hope it great. Kinda scrolled down to inform that I only review the first and last chapter since I don't tend to have internet while I'm reading seeing as how I can save all the chapter to my read later on apple. Of topic, don't worry I'll spaz out when I get to the last chapter, though it might take some time.
Bubblekins1010 chapter 57 . 10/9/2013
This story is sooooooo great! I've been breezing through it for the lats 4-5 days! Thank you soo much for writing it! Its such an excelent piece of writing! It's just sooo...WOWW! I'm just so...amazed by it! I didn't think I would find a Parental Roy story this GOOD! Thatnk you again for writing it! .
Br0kenChim3ra chapter 57 . 10/5/2013
ermahgerd aweshum story eUe I really like the relationship Roy and Ed have, its adorable!
anoniguess chapter 53 . 9/24/2013
hey, this story is amazing! I loved the start and the cute parental roy/ed moments! the only thing is, in the last third of your story ed kind of turns in to an actual brat, and the only thing he did is cry, just a thought, because i loved all the arguments between the two and the funny comebacks you though of:) great story, thanks for giving me something interesting to read!
Firefly264 chapter 57 . 9/18/2013
*sings the OOC-but-I-don't-care song* Waaahhhh, so cute! There were a few parts when everyone seemed to be almost completely different characters altogether, and parts where the amount of OOC-mess with Ed was kind of off putting. Overall, a cute read!