Reviews for Fears and Favors
lesbinope chapter 17 . 5/19/2014
The fact that they didn't have a fluffy domestic ending for some reason didn't make me as happy as I thought it would. For a while the type of relationship Shego and Kim have at the end is what I wanted for them, y'know, and what I think is the best, most realistic, maybe ONLY way a relationship between the two would have worked without either giving up who they are or changing drastically. It's just... I guess I love the fluff okay?! I admit it! And the snarky banter is definitey one of my favorite things. And it was just a really weird mix of frenemy angst that I'm not used to bc of this AU world. Still, I liked it because the story was so REAL and not everything turned out perfectly even though it was alright. A solid, earthy ground instead of freedom and flight. So why does my heart feel so saddened? I really, really appreciate you for writing something that's not typical Kigo but I can't say that this story makes my heart soar, either. Maybe it just feels somewhat incomplete even though I think dragging out another story may be milking the cow too dry. For goodness sake, countries get taken over by dictators all the damn time.
ffnovice7 chapter 17 . 4/27/2014
A very solid entry that built well off of the first story. The confidence in your technical vocab amplifies the engaging storytelling, and ends with a very satisfying finale, something that is highly underrated.

You're pretty good,
RandomWeridGirl chapter 1 . 4/12/2014
Wow. That was a good chapter. Oh, and I apologize because I didnt review even once on Dont Do Me Any Favors. I wasnt sure if you're even using FFN anymore. So, if you are reading this (if you even read this at all), I just wanted to say that your story rocks! \(o)/
Guest chapter 10 . 8/13/2013
Type your review for this chapter here...
InfiniteMystery chapter 17 . 12/12/2010
lol cute xD
Well of Silence chapter 17 . 7/17/2010
i feel like i just got done watching one of those jason bourne movies. all i can say is ... wow. :)))
Valvox chapter 17 . 2/10/2010

That was funny, cute, sexy, interesting, action-packed, formiddable and funky all at once, you have a talent.

This was awesome.

ily xx

David Greybeard chapter 17 . 4/30/2009
This may be the best ending to of any Kigo I've seen. In many ways they are both the same people they have always been but they are so different from who they were at the beginning. Very nice. Thanks.
yui1808 chapter 3 . 10/23/2008
her? does he mean shego or betty or the her that wade's referring?
eoraptor chapter 17 . 6/18/2008

As fun as the first installment of the series was, this one is just an example of a bad sequel made for money. You let the OC's completely take over the story. Worse, you threw in an entire unrelated universe as a quick and easy -out- in several locations. Sure Fox and Xanatos are fun characters, but you used them as a cop out in three different locations and demoted and diluted the main characters in the process.

Further... not ONCE was Lisa Chairman's personal antipathy towards Kim even approached. She just shows up out of no where, swears vengeance on Kim for no reason divulged in the story. She;s giving a half-concocted excuse of being a programmed assassin, but that doesn't hold with any of her actions in the story; and then she is conveniently axed by the third party when the character flaws got out of hand.

The whole Ron story just drops off midway through, and we get a hack-kneed backhanded explanation in the epilogue that pretty much throws manure on the Bonnie/Ron thread that had been a primary focus of the first eight or so chapters. Yori, of course, smacks of Authorial convenience as much as, if not more than, Fox Xanatos; getting the guy with no effort or forethought after you laid the groundwork for a completely different unfinished relationship for Ron and Bonnie.

The Shego and Kim story really leaves me completely cold. Neither of them learns anything beyond the After-school Special message of "be yourself" and completely fail to grow from where they were at the end of the first story in the series, despite all the monumental changes and hardships they're forced to endure.

and I won't even get started on the triple farce of clone shell-games, marshal law, Wade's alternating omnipotence and impotence throughout the story. That hangs around at the end of the story like a three-day old fish, essentially unresolved on all counts as we never know who, ultimately, was the person pulling the strings. This may be a part of a trilogy (now-2008) but the story should stand on its own with a clear beginning, middle, and end, regardless of what comes before or after.

Sorry, but I couldn't find much at all in this story to recommend it or counterpoint the negatives throughout, and I'm honestly surprised I finished it.
arrow-of-jane chapter 17 . 2/29/2008
Wow, definitely not how I thought the story would end. Different type of ending instead of everything going back to normal; it makes the story stand out. I like it.

Also, first thought when I read “Pack Media Studios” …Fox! Ah I love Fox. Using two great shows, awesome-ness. :)

Great work.
Thoughts13 chapter 17 . 8/14/2007
I thoroughly enjoyed this, it was really good to keep me reading till 2 45 in the morning. Very well done!
EpIcKiGo chapter 17 . 2/18/2007
dude u rck bt wen did kim meet bck up wiv Shego i dnt get tht part bt other thn tht this story wos great oh and wot did u say tht other story was called soz i 4got lol bt plz tell me im anxoius 2 no!
EpIcKiGo chapter 15 . 2/18/2007
man this is awsome so far plz update again soon
Kokuyo chapter 1 . 1/6/2007
I think you had a better, or let's say more thoroughly, thought out story there compared to 'Don't Do Me Any Favors'. Meaning you're getting securer in your writing style.

The story itself is like hardcore X-Files. This itself is a cool thing. You don't know who they can still trust. I think you overdid it a bit with all the clones. I had several points where I had no idea who was doing what for wich reason.

On the other hand you could have played more on the distrust between Kim and Wade. It would have shown in how bad a situation she actually was that she didn't even know whether she could trust one of her two best friends.

I thought the end was a bit... well... it didn't have a peak. That's one writing style... but you left a big cliffhanger there. Follow up on such a thing or else you will anger a lot of people. Unless you want to have that as the end of the whole storyline.

I liked that you hinted at a reunion at the end. Otherwise it would have left too many strings untied.

So basically... all in all, it was a very good piece of work. See to it that you get a bit more clearness into the whole 'who stabs who in the back'-affair. And for god's sake, write the sequel ;).