Reviews for A Time To Die
machievelli chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
Supposed to have been posted 28 July 2012, at and the Coruscant Entertainment Center in my The Critic's Two Cents. My computer went down again in June of 2012 with a virus. Then in late November kotorfanmedia went down for reasons unknown, so I was stymied in my attempts to post the reviews. I had waited for it to revive, but you on deserve your reviews.

TSL on Malachor V: Cut scenes kills off just about everyone

The piece uses cutscenes, and after reading the piece, I knew why they were not used. As a man who was a Dungeon Master in the 70s, I can't see slaughtering off the entire party with no chance at all of at least injuring the enemy, even if I am the one rolling the dice and chortling over it. When a friend and I wrote a module for Dungeons and Dragons. We sent it in and while it was rejected, the one who answered our attempt told us 'we want scenarios where the players have to exert themselves, and only those who try their hardest will win'.

These cutscenes do not give them that option.
Shayneutrality chapter 1 . 9/14/2008
Brilliantly written. I can't believe they cut all of this out of the game! And more.

Five stars. :)
darthrevan217 chapter 1 . 9/7/2008
fierfek, shab, that was so sad
Flame On Jedi chapter 1 . 2/22/2008
Oh, my gosh! Atton's death makes me cry anyway, but the way you wrote it...WOW! Nice job. Although, the beginning was a little crazy, what with everyone crazily dying... You are very descriptive and have rich writing.
GaisciochDeEirinn chapter 1 . 10/23/2007
Gah, that bitch, how dare she kill Mira! I know it doesn't happen in the game, but I am pissed right now.
Mithostwen chapter 1 . 3/28/2007
Mm, so sad! It just tugs at your heart strings, doesn't it... The ending to this game is so good- though sadder than I'd like-and I wish they'd had time to finish it. But, like you said, we're all waiting on Team Gizka to fix that. I hope they hurry! Have you seen the trailer for the project? It's on YouTube-type in Sith Lords Restoration Project and you get a cool trailer they made-definitely worth looking at.

Anyway, about the story, since this IS a review: Your beginning section I especially thought was really good-sucked me right in, and Atton's reflections were perfect for the situation-you write him really well, by the way. It's not like I'm officially qualified to say so, but that's MY opinion. Some parts seemed kind of choppy though, in between some of the more awkward dialogue snippets from the game (not entirely your fault), and the part where Atton's being tortured and you basically just skip over it (not that I really wanted to read gory details, so it was probably a good choice, just could have been smoother). Hopefully that didn't sound too nitpicky, cause overall I really liked it, and I'm glad I read this. I now have the inspiration I need to go write again, so I can thank you for that.
Avaryc chapter 1 . 11/26/2006
Aw! I loved it! Very nice! I love how you wrote this. The descriptivness and everything. :) Very nice.
Wick3dWitch27 chapter 1 . 10/29/2006
you've added so much emotion to it and how the fear coursed through each character as they died before the wicked witch was amazing. I love how it ended so tragedically and the descriptions are crisp and smooth. Great job!
Emalin chapter 1 . 10/28/2006
This is a very beautiful story. I have seen these scripts myself and heard the audio clips, and your writing captures their essence perfectly. You also filled in the gaps very nicely. (I.e., why Atton was facing Sion alone in the first place.)

And I cried! :)

There are only a couple of comma errors that need fixing. All in all, *great* work; this story is one of my favorites! :)
Layana Danare chapter 1 . 10/22/2006
This is so sad! I'm so glad that they cut this scene. I would so cry, like now. *runs away*
Trillian4210 chapter 1 . 10/19/2006
I loved this. Every word of it. I had started a different review that quoted my favorite bits but it got too long.

To sum up, you handled the exposition extremely well and made it flow. The battle between Kreia, Atton, Mira, Mical and Visas was chilling in its casual brutality and made even better by the dialogue from Kreia at the end. The 'dispose of THAT' was just shiver-inducing and the 'Fools' was just perfect.

As for the end, you took something that I've read a hundred times and made it stand out by giving us Atton's thoughts just before each line of dialogue. It was just terrific and I hope you write moremoremore. It goes into favorites. :)
Kendoka Girl chapter 1 . 10/18/2006
As I said in my other message, Atton's end was very dramatic and heartfelt.

The deaths of the others took me by surprise, but really laid the groundwork for his death scene. The action was crisp and you gave Kreia a truly creepy, powerful feel.

It's always a pleasure to read your work.