Reviews for The Love Slave
Cute hope&fate xx
Nehfi-Tirri chapter 5 . 8/5/2006
Great story line! -
LadyJanelly chapter 5 . 12/4/2004
A very sweet story, and I love what you did with Cicero's background, his thoughts, his feelings. Good job.
Zira Vinova chapter 5 . 2/21/2004
You know..I was looking for the name of the guy that ended up dying of bein' hanged and shot all night long. And all I had to do was come to like I'd first thought about doing to find it. I should've followed my instincts at first. But no. was the choice. Anywho, it was good, very good. Glad I ain't the only one thinking about the same lines in here as you covered.
Alice chapter 1 . 11/29/2001
Hm. I love slashfic; it's pretty much all I read. But I didn't like this story. No offense to you, I'm not knocking your writing or anything, but it felt a bit out of character, for both Cicero and Quintus. Following film canon, Cicero seemed more the faithful friend, the confidante than the devoted love slave. He was comfortable enough around Max to speak his mind when he asked, and not so much... the humble love slave. *shrugs* There was a scene that was cut from the film in which Quintus says to Max, "I'm a soldier. I obey." I think that Q & M were good enough friends that he would have enough interaction with Cicero himself not to just treat him like dirt. He was just doing his job, not because he wanted Max out of the way. Another thing - I don't think you need to rewrite the events of the film so much, most everyone's seen it, otherwise why the hell would they be reading this? Any way, rambling now. -Al
Occurs chapter 5 . 7/26/2001
What more could one ask for in a movie with good looking roman men? Why, good looking roman men being involved with others of said type, of course. :) Seriously, this was perfect, imho. The description and the characterization fit well with the fic, and though I had never read Gladiator slash before this put all kinds of ideas into my head. I especially liked that your writing managed to be erotic and romantic without going overboard on either point. Since you wrote me the lovely review I've been reading your work, and have been very impressed with all, but this is my favorite by far.
Lauren chapter 5 . 7/2/2001
I have to say that I never even considered the possibility of a Cicero/Maximus pairing, and now, reading this, I feel like a loser. That euphoria Maximus gets when he sees Cicero, I mean, hello? You are a genius for seeing that and even more so because you wrote this. I love the way you personified Cicero and the way you plausibly introduced Maximus into a relationship with him, in keeping with his obvious love for his family. I actually cooed "Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww" at the ending, which was great. You are a fabulous writer. Good job.
Epigone1 chapter 5 . 6/10/2001
Huh. Sorry, I feel stupid - last review obviously should have said "Maximus", not "Mzximus". Again, pretty story.
Epigone1 chapter 1 . 6/8/2001
Ooh. I like it. Very sweet. Cicero is such an interesting character, and I certainly don't see enough written about him. And, of course, I'm sooo glad I'm not the only one who thought that there was more to Mzximus and Cicero than just a master/slave relationship or even a friendship. I came to the Gladiator category specifically looking for something like this, and I found it. Thanks a lot :).
Cara chapter 1 . 5/10/2001
fine... except for the fact had they really done that in the Roman army they would have been Killed!
Shai Ryder chapter 5 . 5/8/2001
It took me awhile to accept the deeper relationship 'tween Maximus and Cicero, but once I finally decided to read it, I REALLY enjoyed it! You've got to be open to more ideas I suppose!

About the was awesome. I love your style of short paragraphs. Very nicely developed,etc.

I'd like to think though that Cicero belonged to Maximus AS a slave and that he wasn't a private. Or if he was a private, what did he do that caught Maximus' eye.

I give this a 110% and a 16 out of 10 stars :)

SephiBeth chapter 1 . 4/8/2001
Very well written! It was written very maturely and it's a great story. Well done!
A.V.S chapter 5 . 3/30/2001
While I find your tale romantic, has it occured to you that Cicero the way you've written him could never have survived? My impression of this character has always been of a man who must be resourceful and quick witted. Think for a moment. Ignore the scars on his face and instead pay attention to the grace and intrinsic power in his carriage. This ain't nobody's MANBITCH! This effeminate parody you have embraced as a template does a disservice to a character that I feel could be as strong as he could be dignified and intelligent. Perhaps in your further explorations of Cicero you could keep this in mind. I am in the process of penning my own stories along this line and I do want you to know that I enjoy your work inspite of our quite different interpretations of the characters therein. Please keep up the good work.
Sue chapter 2 . 3/27/2001
Well written. I'm still not sure about the cicero/maximus thing everyone seems to have. I always thought from the film that Maximus only loves his wife, and possibly Lucilla. There is no suggestion of anybody else. However, i'm willing to accept it because it is true art.
Nimuea chapter 1 . 1/31/2001
I love this story, it's beautiful and inspiring. Cicero is absolutely gorgeous, *we can thank Mr. Flanagan for that* and you write his character beautifully. Thank you for your work, I hope you continue:)