Reviews for The Definition of Green
Miss Hydrangea chapter 1 . 1/5/2010
I liked this ficlet very, very much. There were some which I felt were a bit of a stretch (like Hinata's and Chouji's), but overall you did very well. I think the fic started out stronger than it ended. In any case, I liked the structure you used.
AnonymousNavi chapter 1 . 1/29/2009
Nice, very nice. I love how you linked each character with another, and some readers would never expect. Like Sasuke envying Shikamaru, and Chouji being jealous of Shino. You did an awesome job on this. -
Ikasury chapter 1 . 3/12/2008
cool .

Sayounara!

-Ikasury
yuugata no baka chapter 1 . 1/13/2008
"Sometimes Sasuke wishes that he didn’t /have/ to kill his brother and that people didn’t /have/ to expect so much out of him."

I think I liked TenTen's the best - maybe because being a girl, I relate to her struggle to prove that girls are just as good as boys. I just think it was the most nicely written, short enough and not too complicated and overbearing.

It was a very interesting fic, with a very simple premise but a more complicated and thoughtful execution. I liked that the parts didn't appear to be in any particular order, or at least, not the typical order you'd expect. That showed that all of the rookies are equal, they're all different and all special. I loved the characterizations of Ino and Chouji, who appeared more than one-sided. Some of the revelations were easier to guess than others, like Naruto's; but some of them were completely new and unsuspected, like Ino's; and they all fit well.

And the ending was wonderful. Hinata silently takes in everything around her, and becomes wise, understands her friends and her enemies and has the greatest grip on how the world works, even if her confidence is rather too small for her to realize it.

Good work; not too simple or cliche, but thoughtful and different, while still sticking true to the characters, not over-complicating them or putting too much pressure on them. Well written, while simple, still descriptive enough to truly see in to the minds of the characters.
encyser chapter 1 . 8/21/2007
I've gone through many of your fics, and decided that I like this one best. It's not so dark, or too heavyhanded on its characters. I believe those guys need a break from all the bad feelings.

One question, though...instead of jealousy, shouldn't the proper term be envy?
Sandstorm1993 chapter 1 . 12/10/2006
Also on the whole respect thing,I'm pretty sure Shino got good grades,like almost as good as Sasuke's,in the on the other hand,we've seen Kiba ditching class and not paying attention in the acadomy and we know they even the teams out so if Kiba didn't care about school and got put on a team with Shino, it can be guessed that Kiba got bad grades and unfortunetly most people respect people who get good grades(i don't know why),so Shino gets more respect by , #9 is very original,but I don't think it's true.

Here's an unrelated conversation.

Why do you think people who got good grades and are considered talented ninja's,like Orochimaru,Sasuke and Itachi, mostly go evil while one's who were looked down upon,like Naruto,Shikamaru,Choji,and Kiba,don't?

Here's what I think:During the acadomy Sasuke(I'll use him as a example)was the star pupil and popular and people were oohing and aahing Naruto,Shikamaru,Choji,and Kiba(I'll use them as examples)got bad grades and were outcasts so they learned Sasuke becomes a ninja,there's now other talented ninjas,like Neji, as well as Chuunin and Jounin so Sasuke's not as admired as before so he feels he must become even stronger and so becomes for Naruto,Shikamaru,Choji and Kiba,it's no different because they were never respected or admired and they've learned self-satisfaction and are fine with who they are and don't care what others think.

Please e-mail me and tell me what think of this matter.I'v been wanting someone to talk to about and I'd like to hear your opinians.
Sandstorm1993 chapter 1 . 12/5/2006
I got your email.I'm fine with your 's true that Hinata admire people,but she could be a bit jealous at the same I don't think Shino thinks Kiba is less of an he does,he's wrong.I think you're right that Shino may be a bit of an outcast,but he gets alot more respect than Kiba does from know, because she so mysterious and imtinidating(that deosn't mean I don't like him,I do like him)and the Aburames are probably the third most respected clan(after the Hyuugas and Uchiha) in the village whereas the Inuzukas are not very respected and Kiba's always letting people he knows into his house even if they're truspassing so people aren't scared of him and much likely don't give him much respect. So,like I said before,just because people think it better to stay away from Shino, doesn't mean they hate him and just because Kiba likes to spend alot of time with the friends he does have, doesn't mean he's popular because he's really an Shino is misunderstanding that,but I don't think he's jealous of Kiba.
Sandstorm1993 chapter 1 . 11/28/2006
I guess this was okay,but some this were incorrect:

1)Ino's not Sakura's goal,she's her rival and not a very friendly rivalry.

2)You just made Hinata too that she's not jealous of anyone(which isn't true).

3)Shino's was only jealous of Kiba right after the Sasuke Retrieval Arc and he didn't go on that because he wasn't even said they should bring Shino,but Shino was IS seen to must people as "creepy" but he's also concitered one of the "cool guys" it's just that he deosn't to like be around lots people and he's made that clear so must people figure it best to leave him 's NOT , Kiba's just around people because he doesn't like being 's not that popular he just spends alot of time with the friends he does the acadomy,Kiba seemed to be an outcast with only other outcasts(Naruto,Choji,and Shikamaru)as friends (he becomes friends with Hinata and Shino later in the acadomy, although still before they're a team, he seemed to be friends with Naruto,Shikamaru,and Choji first),and his popurarity hasn't really Shino wasn't an outcast and just someone who WANTED to be in all,popularity is not something Shino jealous of Kiba about and he's probably not jealous of Kiba at all(except,of course, after the Sasuke Retrieval arc,but that's one little thing and the jealousy doesn't last very long).

Just pointing those so you know.
Sakura chapter 1 . 11/10/2006
This is very clever! That's all I can say.
Cimmerian Sorceress chapter 1 . 11/8/2006
Itz so kewl how every1z jealous of every1 elz. a never ending cycle almost if it wzn for the sky! wow, can u do more emotions like this?
nezumihaijin chapter 1 . 10/17/2006
I loved it! This was a great insight into the lives of the characters and how they might really feel about their teammates and rivals. I especially liked 3, 4, 8, and 9. Many of them were very unexpected and refreshing views to see in a story. Using the quotes from the anime was awesome too, including the way that you also interpreted their actions while they were speaking. I do believe this will be going on my favorites. D