Reviews for Sparring
a.brief.dalliance chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
Aw! There really needs to be more fluff for these two brothers, authors always heap load after load of angst at them, it's refreshing to read something more light hearted!
tanpopo no hana chapter 1 . 1/27/2008
Great one-shot! I always wanted to read a good one about them training or sparring. This was all that I could hope for. You did a great job staying in character, too!
RedBrick chapter 1 . 8/14/2007
you should do a sequal about what sam is thinking
roswellwbfan chapter 1 . 1/31/2007
Loved it. Terrific.
Nana56 chapter 1 . 12/30/2006
Yes! Exactly! Well done!
hipgnosis chapter 1 . 11/22/2006
Guh...wow. You really know how to capture a moment. All boys bond with fighting, but it's never actually made SENSE before. Now it does, so thank you much for that, as well as for writing this fabulous fic!
frozeneyes chapter 1 . 11/16/2006
Love it. So perfectly true to character. :)
fairyntoad14 chapter 1 . 10/30/2006
This was good! Really enjoyed it!
SuperNCIS05 chapter 1 . 10/26/2006
That was good.
LeaMarie F. Metallium chapter 1 . 10/24/2006
This made me smile. Good story!
Windyfontaine chapter 1 . 10/19/2006
Aww. That was so good, and sweet-well as sweet as it could be when brothers are kicking each others' butts in a friendly workout. Loved it as always, and loved the little details. I could picture it perfectly. Hope you're able to update on your others soon as well. Till then, thanks for sharing this, and have a great day :)
chocolate rules chapter 1 . 10/18/2006
"freaky mutant legs" I love it! :D

That's it ;)
E. Clay chapter 1 . 10/18/2006
Hey. I just wanted to say good job on this. You captured Sam and Dean really well. It's nice reading a fic where they get along. This season has had them fighting too much. I miss them being friends.

You captured the characters especially well when you described Dean's mixed emotions at becoming an equal partner with his dad, how he was happy but also questioned it.

"Because dad was larger than life and Dean wasn't supposed to be able to beat him. Ever." This is a perfect description of how Dean feels about his father.

I also liked Sam's reaction to sparring, how he fought against every other aspect of their lives but when it came to sparring,

"every time he'd stepped onto a floor to spar with Dean, his focus would still snap on, his very nature driving him to do well even when he resented the hell out of the need for it." This is quintessentially Sam here. He may not be crazy about hunting, but he's never not taken it serious, and not done it when his family really needed him to.

Anyway,this was a great read. Thanks for posting it, and good luck on those other stories you're working on.
JennK528 chapter 1 . 10/18/2006
Sweet and funny. Nice to see the boys without the angst, for a change! Can't believe I said that...lol! But yeah, nice to see Dean smiling!
Janiqua chapter 1 . 10/18/2006
Great story! Yeah, I can imagine Dean becoming John's equal and how that might seem like insanity. In the third episode of the second season, when Dean started fighting with Gordon, I was slightly apprehensive at first, 'cause Gordon seemed like he was more on John's level when it came to hunting. But Dean did kick the crap outta him, so I'm willing to bet there ain't anyone he can't beat. Go Dean! Go Dean! Go Dean!

Believe it or not, I'm actually more of a fan of Sam's. You should write another story from his point of view! You're really got at this.